Chapter 34

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 34 – THE CALM

 

Because the acceptance of Jinah as one of the 33 finalist in Asia Pacific Supermodel Contest 2017, she should be quarantine for 2 weeks. The 33 finalist from 20 Asia Pacific countries will compete and earned point from the juries along the quarantine period. The quarantine process itself took place in Jeju Island, South Korea, from the middle of March until the end of March. The grand final will be held on the start of spring, on the 2nd of April to be exact. The event will be held together with Jeju Spring Festival that usually held on the first day of spring.

During the 2 weeks of quarantine period, Jinah and the other finalist won’t be allowed to make communication with family and the outsiders at all. No phone call, no internet meaning no social media and no TV. The finalist expect to be focus on the competition. That’s why any kind of distractions forbid on the quarantine period. Jinah also took absent from school for 2 weeks for that quarantine. It won’t affect her school performance because it wasn’t on mid-term test period.

“So... when will you go to Jeju?” Luhan asked Jinah when they had lunch together with others at cafeteria as they usual do.

All eyes on the table automatically turned and focused at Jinah. Jinah has told them on the group chat right after she received her acceptance notification. All of the squad’s member congratulated her and wish her good luck. Hyuna, Krystal and Eunji were the most hysteric when they heard the news. But not as hysteric as Kris.

“On March 19th, oppa,” Jinah answered while leaning toward Kris who sat beside her.

“Oh, that’s a week from now,” Baekhyun stated.

Jinah nodded. “Yes, it’s next week. I’m a bit nervous actually,”

“Why are you nervous, noona?” Kai inquired.

“Because during that period, me and other finalists from 20 Asia Pacific countries not only get lesson about modeling. But we also compete among each other. The mentors are also the judges. They evaluate us. So we learn and compete at the same time,” Jinah explained the competition.

“Don’t worry, noona. You’re amazing. I’m sure you’ll nail it,” Sehun encouraged with his supportive words.

“Aww, thanks Sehunnie,” Jinah smiled at him while pinched his cheeks because he sat on the other side of her.

“When will the grand finale be held?” This time it’s Suho who asked.

“April, 2nd. It will be aired in SBC. You should watch me on TV, okay,” Jinah informed.

“Of course we will! We’ll be your best supporter,” Hyuna said as she clapped her hands.

“Is there any category to vote, eonnie?” Krystal asked.

“There will be. Maybe a week before grand final,” Jinah shrugged her shoulder.

“But can you communicate with us while you’re in Jeju?” Kyungsoo asked this time.

“Unfortunately, no,” Jinah pouted. “I will be a cave man for two weeks. Don’t know the outside world,”

“Ahhh so that’s why Kris hyung is sulking and clinging on you all the time like koala,” Chen stated.

Jinah chuckled. “Bingo!” she glanced at Kris who only rolled his eyes at Chen.

“It’s just two weeks hyung. Don’t be a baby,” Chanyeol said to Kris.

“Try by yourself. Two weeks without girlfriend and talk just like what you said again to me,” Kris answered Chanyeol.

“But you’ve spent 20 years without a girlfriend before you met Jinah. And you survived,” Lay pointed out.

“Yes, he’s just exaggerating,” Luhan added with sneer.

Kris glared at Luhan and Lay. “Speak from someone who don’t have girlfriend,” Kris mocked.

“Oppa, you’re indeed exaggerating. You sometimes left Jinah too for business travel. It’s Jinah’s time to be away from you, oppa,” Eunji said.

“But the difference is we still can communicate through chat, phone or video call. While later when she were going for two weeks, no communication at all,” Kris defended.

“Just hold it back hyung. Besides it’s for Jinah’s future,” Myungsoo said.

“Of course, that’s why I am clinging at her from now on,” Kris answered while throw his arm to Jinah on his side and squeezed her slightly.

Suho rolled his eyes. “This hyung since he has a girlfriend suddenly turned into a big cheesy ball,”

“Blame her,” Kris shrugged nonchalantly as he pointed to Jinah. Jinah shoved Kris’s shoulder playfully.

“I’m going crazy looking at them. Michigesseo!” Luhan mumbled in annoyance.

After lunch, they dispersed and went back to their own department building. Kris and Jinah had one remaining schedule. So they separated and promised to meet at art’s parking lot after their class. The talk about them still going around the campus, but not as loud as before. People were not staring in intense and whispered anymore whenever they presented. Everyone seem already get used to when Kris and Jinah were together.

Jinah walked to the parking lot right after her class finished. She opened her phone and checked chats from Kris that told her he was walking to their meeting point now. When she will pass the hallway which directly connected to the parking lot, Miyoung and some seniors from music department stood there. Taeyeon and Seohyun also presented there in the flocks. At first, Jinah didn’t mind them. But right when she walked pass them, they glared and scrutinized her from head to toe.

“Ewww,” one of the girl on the flock exclaimed right when Jinah walked pass them.

“You’re better, Miyoung,” Another one commented which got a series nods from the others.

“So rude. Not smiling when she walked pass some seniors,” Well, sorry for my natural resting face, Jinah answered in her mind.

“Look at her body,” The flocks started to body-shaming Jinah.

Jinah caught Miyoung’s eye. She was staring at Jinah with a smirk on her face. Not want to create any ruckus, Jinah ignored the flocks and skipped to the parking lot in hurry. Kris already seated in his car ─waiting, when Jinah arrived at the parking lot after her class.

“Hey,” Kris greeted right after Jinah entered the car.

Jinah acknowledged him with a smile. She slumped her body on Kris’s leather car seat. Kris noticed her gesture. He didn’t ask her and just assumed that his girlfriend was tired from her last lesson. Kris quickly started his car so he can sent her home faster. Soon the car drove off from the Prime University campus.

There’s no conversation engaged between them. The only thing filling the silence inside the car is the song from the radio. Jinah pinned her eyes to the scenery outside the window. It’s all blur because the car moved in rush. Everything in her mind was similar to that blur. She was thinking about everything happened in her life recently, especially the event that was just happening before. She unconsciously fidgeted in her seat.

“Kris, do you have any plan this weekend?” A question rolled from Jinah’s tongue toward Kris.

“I don’t think I have,” Kris replied as he turned his focus for a second from the road to Jinah.

“Can you make sure that you’re really free?” Jinah quite demanded.

“Why? Do you want to have date again?” Kris while wiggling his eyebrows. Kris opened his phone and started to type something on it to make a phone call. They currently were in traffic light. Soon someone picked his call. “Seokjin, do I have any schedule this weekend?”

Pause. Jinah stared at him expectantly.

“Saturday and Sunday all free?” He reassured and made eye contact with Jinah with a pointed eyes. “Okay, thanks,” Kris closed his phone. “Well, according to Seokjin I’m free all day on this Saturday and Sunday. So what’s up?” Kris asked as he run his car again since the light has turned into green.

“My parents invited you to dinner with us on Saturday night,” Jinah announced.

Kris suddenly became rigid on his seat. A nervous look graced on his face.

Jinah turned to Kris when she didn’t get any respond from him. “Changwook oppa also being invited,” Jinah added after seeing his expression.

“Oh, what’s the occasion, sweetheart?” Kris asked after being conscious from his rigid state.

“There’s no particular reason. Mom just want to have a special dinner together because I will be away for 2 weeks. Then dad suggested that we should invited our own partner too. Except Jaebum since he doesn’t have girlfriend yet,” Jinah explained the dinner invitation.

“I see... okay, then. I’ll definitely come,” Kris nodded still looking nervous.

Jinah chuckled. “Don’t need to be nervous, Kris. It’s just a casual dinner,” she ensured.

“Still. I will meet your father officially. This is my first meeting with him as your boyfriend,” Kris grinned as he scratched his head that isn’t itchy.

“Ah right. But really, don’t sweat it. My father isn’t a mean person. He has a very good sense of humor,” Jinah reassured her nervous boyfriend again.

“You easily can said that until he interrogated me because I dare to date his princess,” Kris mumbled incoherently.

“What?” Jinah asked. Not clearly heard what Kris said.

“Nothing. I said I can’t wait about the dinner,” Kris lied. “What should I wear?”

“Something casual. Casually formal I guess. Just wear your simple outfit. No need to wear your tuxedo,” Jinah suggested.

Then silence occurred between them again. No one uttered a single word.

“So Changwook also come, isn’t he?” Kris broke the silence by asking Jinah about reassurance Changwook’s coming.

“Yes, he is,” Jinah assured. Then she snickered. “Why Kris? Are you that nervous to meet my father?” Jinah teased.

“Honestly, yes,” Kris confessed.

“You acted like it’s your first time to do this kind of thing, Kris,” Jinah chuckled.

“It is,” Kris shortly answered with certainty.

“Eyyyy, really?” Jinah didn’t believe his answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter