Chapter 21

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21 – FIRST SNOW

 

“Good luck for tonight, guys!” Yoojin, one of Jinah’s junior year colleagues encouraged when they meet on the way to the cafeteria.

“Thank you, Yoojin!” Jinah replied as she gave her smile to Yoojin.

Myungsoo and Hyuna who walked beside Jinah only smile at Yoojin as response.

Today is the last day of Prime University exam week. Tonight, every BFA Performance students in acting major will perform a slate of short plays, scenes, and improvisation for their family and friends to demonstrate the theatrical skills they have learned along this semester. All of acting students from freshmen to senior year will participate. Some will act, some on backstage and some as pre-production crew.

Jinah casted as one of the lead character along with Myungsoo. The main roles are all taken by the senior students. Hyuna even have to be satisfied as supporting role. The acting students have been busy practicing and preparing the props for more than 3 weeks. For acting students, this acting recital is same as final exam. This is where they show their talent and someone will notice their ability.

Since this morning, Jinah, Myungsoo and Hyuna had the last rehearsal with the others for the actual show tonight. The rehearsals just ended several minutes ago. That’s why they can have lunch now. Late lunch, actually.

The cafeteria had been deserted. Only several students occupied some tables. But surprisingly, their table still occupied by full members. Chanyeol waved at them when he noticed the acting student trio arrived at the cafetaria. Myungsoo signaled him that they will take their food first.

“Hey guys!” Hyuna happily chirped to her friends when she arrived at their table.

“Hey!” Luhan, Baekhyun, Kai and Kyungsoo replied in chorus.

Jinah and Myungsoo also mumbled a ‘hey’ to their friends. The three soon attacked their food. Chats and bickers heard from their table as usual.

“So what time your show will be?” Lay asked. Referring to the play that will be held tonight.

“Tonight 7 PM. come watch us,” Myungsoo replied.

“Definitely,” “Of course,” Luhan and Kris said in unison.

“Eunji doesn’t participate?” Suho asked as he turned at Eunji.

“I am. I am the music director. My music and acting recital being combined as one,” Eunji replied. For reminder, Eunji is double major student of Music and Acting department. “My last rehearsal was yesterday,”

“Her music used as opening, background and closing,” Myungsoo added again.

“Wow, you’re so genius, noona,” Sehun praised.

Chanyeol who sit beside Eunji patted her back and gave a proud smile to his girlfriend.

“By the way, what’s each of your role?” Baekhyun curiously asked.

“Secret~ Just find it tonight,” Hyuna answered in sing-song tone.

“Oh, no need to worry. I’ll definitely watch and find your role tonight,” Chen said seductively to Hyuna.

Hyuna rolled her eyes in annoyance at Chen as response. Chen winked to add Hyuna’s resentment of him at the moment.

Jinah only watched her friends in silent. Every time the day of her acting performance and she played, she will become quitter than usual. She will silently recited her assigned-dialogue in her mind which already she remember.

“Jinah, why become so quiet?” It turns out Luhan observed Jinah all this time.

“Eonnie, usually become quiet on the day of her play. I bet she is reciting her dialogue in her mind right now. Don’t bother her, oppa,” Krystal replied for Jinah instead.

“You will mess her nerve,” Chanyeol added.

Jinah smiled when Krystal and Chanyeol know about her habit. Luhan and the others nodded in understanding. The chats and bickers continued. The other members from non-art major have complete their final today. Music students had had their recital yesterday. So that’s why the others seem like they don’t have any burden anymore today.

‘Just this one, Jinah. Then you’re free to go. Vacation is just on the corner,’ Jinah encouraged herself.

 

 

Jinah walked alone in the corridor of her building department. She supposed to go to her house to bath and prepare her necessities then go back again to campus. Yoona has waited for her on the parking lot. Jinah was already halfway on the way to the parking lot when she heard someone called her name.

Jinah turned around to find Kris is running toward her. “Kris?”

“Hi,” Kris greeted when he already stood in front of Jinah.

“Hi~ what are you doing here?” Jinah confused why Kris is here in her department parking lot.

“I’m waiting for Wendy,” Kris said as he points to the car behind him.

“Oh. Happy waiting then!” Jinah patted Kris arm lightly.

Kris and Jinah haven’t been meet and spent time together for awhile. Exam week really took their time. Kris was busy with his work and exams. Jinah also busied with her exams and preparation of tonight’s recital.

Kris put his hands in his pant’s pocket. “Are you going home?” He pointed to the bags in Jinah’s hands.

“Yeah. I should go back home to prepare then back again here,” Jinah replied in quiet voice as she tightened the coat on her body. The weather started to be cold now. Winter will come soon.

“Need a lift?” Kris tested his luck.

“Thanks but no. I’m with my eonnie,” Jinah declined Kris’s offer softly.

Right on cue, a horn heard from the car not far from they stood. Kris and Jinah turned toward the source of the voice. Yoona’s face slightly can be seen from the car’s front window. Jinah was sure Yoona smirked at them right now.

“I think I should going now,” Jinah turned to Kris. “Don’t want to face eonnie’s wrath,” Jinah whispered as she slightly leaned her head closer to Kris.

“Okay…,” Kris replied as he smile at her in understanding.

“I’m really sorry for turning up your offer to send me home, Kris. Besides, what will you do to Wendy if you’re going to send me home,” Jinah chuckled.

“Don’t sweat it! There will be another time to send you home anyway. And for Wendy, I can asked our driver to pick her instead,” Kris grinned playfully.

Jinah can’t help but to laugh by this replied of Kris. “I’m going first,” Jinah said her goodbye.

Kris nodded. “See you tonight,”

Jinah nodded and waved her hands to Kris as response.

“Jinah?” Kris called back right after Jinah took several steps from him.

“Yes?” Jinah turned around to him.

Kris fidgeted on his steps, scratched his head and opened his mouth like he want to say something.

Jinah waited for a while. But she frowned when Kris only staring at her with a slight opened mouth. “Kris?” Jinah asked as she slightly tilted her head to the side and lifted her brow in wonder.

“Good luck!” Kris finally said after some moment only staring at Jinah in silent.

Jinah nodded and smile as response. “Thanks Kris!” she waved again to Kris and turned away from him.

Kris heaved a sighed as he watched Jinah’s retreating figure away from him.

 

 

A series of ‘Thanks for your work hard!’ heard from the backstage of Art Department Auditorium. The 1,5 hours-long play has ended and well-played by the actors. Right after the show ended, all the acting students from freshmen to senior year took their pictures together.

There’s also the after party which held on the restaurant not far from the campus to celebrate the success of tonight play. But Jinah, Myungsoo, Hyuna and Eunji choose not to come because they already have other plan with their friends. All of their friends watched their performance like they promise.

Jinah, Myungsoo, Hyuna and Eunji is still in their character outfit when their friends approached and congratulated them right after they went out from the backstage. Their friends apparently have waited on the hallway since the play ended.

“Good Job, Babe!” Chanyeol immediately came to Eunji’s side and squeezed the life of her into his embrace. A bouquets of lilies on Chanyeol’s hand quickly transferred to Eunji’s.

“Woah! That was very amazing performance guys!” Lay praised in proud tone.

“Bravo bravo bravo!” Sehun clapped his hands proudly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter