Chapter 16

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16 – COSTUME & PARTNER

 

The days had gone by so quickly. It’s almost the end of October where the falls season has reached its peak. Since that first date with Kris, Jinah has gone out with him for several times. Between Kris’s tight schedule for school & apprenticeship and his occasional abroad travel, they would squeeze some time to go out together. They grow closer to each other day by day.

Jinah tighten the jacket close to her body and fixing the beanie on her head. Today was just like any other day where lessons are bearable for her. Eventhough she just had test this morning, she can smoothly passed the day. It’s already lunch time so she start heading to cafetaria to have her lunch together with her friends.

Jinah walks into the still not crowded cafeteria and quickly queue in line to order her food. She orders rice and soft tofu stew for today's lunch. She spots Myungsoo and Kyungsoo sit side by side and already claimed tables for all 16 of them. The others not appear yet, maybe still caught up in their class.

Jinah brings her tray to where Myungsoo and Kyungsoo are. “Hi!” Jinah greets them when she arrived at their table.

Myungsoo only waves at her because his mouth full with food.

“Hi, Jinah,” Kyungsoo greets her back. Jinah send a small smile to Kyungsoo then she sits down on Myungsoo other’s side.

Then Kyungsoo is back to be busy with his lunch again. Not long after that Suho and Sehun appear. They claim the farthest side of the table and seem in a serious talk.

Jinah looks around and find Chen, Baekhyun and Hyuna are queuing to get their food. Chen and Hyuna start to get along well since they share the lunch table. But Hyuna sometimes still sent an annoyed glare to Chen if he started his cheesy talk.

Myungsoo faces Jinah when he has swallow up his food. “How are you?”

Jinah gives Myungsoo a side glance. “Uh… Fine?” confused why Myungsoo asks that question like they rarely met. In fact they always met when they have same schedule (which is twice in a week) or on every lunch time.

Myungsoo chuckles hearing Jinah’s respond. “So you did well in your recent test?”

“Sorry, I don’t get you ask about my pasca test condition. Well…,” Jinah paused. “I think I won’t pass this time, Myungsoo,” Jinah sulked while leaning closer and putting her head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

Myungsoo pulls down the beanie on Jinah’s head so it covered her entire face. “Huh, you sometimes underestimate yourself. Last time you said you‘d fail, you got A,”

Jinah pulls up the beanie that hiding her face. “But it’s different. Mr. Shin is Profesor Snape in real life,” she still sulked.

Myungsoo pulls down her beanie again. “I believe you will pass. He’s not that bad,”

Jinah pulls up her beanie in respond “I hope... But I won’t put my hopes up,” Jinah said hopelessly.

Myungsoo pulls down her beanie again for the 3rd time. “Come on, it’s just a mock test. Not the real final exam. Believe in your own capability, Jinah.”

Jinah leans away from Myungsoo slightly “Stop pulling down my beanie!” She exclaims while fixing her beanie again.

Myungsoo chuckled. “Hahahaha… I’m glad you finally wear the beanie. You seldom wear it.”

“It’s windy now, besides…,” Jinah leans closer to Myungsoo again “I don’t wash my hair for 4 days,” she whispered.

A screeched sound heard in front of Jinah and Myungsoo, sign as someone has claimed the seat in front of them.

“What’s the secret?” A deep voice asked them.

Jinah looks up and finds Kris sit across her, staring at her and Myungsoo alternately while frowning. Tao, who sit beside Kris, also staring at Jinah in interest.

“Pardon?” Myungsoo asked in confusion.

“What’s the secret you whispered about?” Kris asks again in slight annoyed tone.

“Nothing,” Jinah awkwardly laughs and move away from Myungsoo. She can’t tell him the thing she whispered to Myungsoo is about she doesn’t wash her hair for 4 days.

“Noona... I love your beanie. Where did you buy them?” Tao asked.

Jinah slightly fixes her beanie. There’s nothing special on the beanie actually. The beanie made from wool and knitted neatly. It’s a plain beanie hat. “Mmm... it’s a gift, Tao. I dont know where to buy them. Just ask Myungsoo because he’s the one who give it to me,” Jinah nudged Myungsoo.

 

*the beanie appearance

 

Tao turns to Myungsoo. Kris also turns to Myungsoo, still frowning.

“I don’t buy it. My grandma made the beanie for me. One in blue and the other one is pink. I only used the blue one, so I give the pink one to Jinah,” Myungsoo explains.

“Oooh pity, I like the beanie though,” Tao pouts. “Noona must be very special to you because you're willing to give your grandma gift to her,” Tao mindlessly adds while wiggling his eyebrows and grinning.

Jinah chuckles because Tao was really adorable. One moment he pouted, then second later he can pulls off a cheeky grin.

“She is,” Myungsoo gives a side glance to Jinah and pulls down her beanie again.

Jinah groans in annoyance. “Stop pulling down my beanie!” she pinches Myungsoo’s side.

Myungsoo laughs softly and helps to fix her beanie.

“Awww...,” Tao cooed while put his chin on his hands with dreamy eyes.

Kris suddenly clears his throat and cough loudly. Make the three turn their attention to him.

“Are you okay, Gege?” Tao innocently asked.

Kris doesn’t respond. He starts to eat his lunch while frowning to the max. Jinah only stares at him in wonder. So does Myungsoo.

The other members start to fill their table. Other students also start filling the cafetaria to have lunch. The seat on Jinah’s other side claimed by Hyuna. Eunji and Chanyeol claimed the other end of table.

“Hello, Jinah!” Luhan smiles to Jinah while taking the seat beside Kris. “You look cute today,” he winks to Jinah.

Jinah laughs softly. “Always the sweet talker,” she commented.

“Only for you,” Luhan instantly responds. “Ouch it hurts! What’s wrong with you?” Luhan suddenly holds his side and glares at Kris. It turns out Kris elbowed Luhan’s side. No idea if it's accidentally or purposefully.

“Eat. You talked too much,” Kris pointed to Luhan’s untouch food.

Luhan just glares at Kris. But follows Kris’s words eventually.

“Let’s talk about Halloween!” Chen suddenly interupts.

“What about Halloween?” Chanyeol asked. His arm hanging leisurely on Eunji’s shoulder, embracing her in short.

By the way, they had been dating since two weeks ago. Chanyeol finally dared to ask Eunji to be his girlfriend in one of their jam session. Many EXO' fan girls heartbroken because of that. Since then they’re inseparable - new couple syndrome.

The others also paid attention to Chen. “Did all of you already got your partner for halloween event this year?” Chen trailed off.

“Partner? What partner?” Baekhyun asks in confusion.

“Yeah, partner for what? I get it if you ask about our hallowen costume,” Kyungsoo joins to ask. A confused expression also on his face.

Chen looks at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo like they just asked him what is the capital city of South Korea. “Dude seriously, where have you been? Did all of you know the theme for this year?” Chen asks while looking at all of his friends in the table.

14 heads simultaneously shook their heads responding to Chen’s question. Chen gasped dramatically as if he did not believe no one know what theme for the Halloween this year. No one except him and Hyuna.

Prime University always organize Halloween event with different theme every year. Last year theme is Halloween camp. So the event was held in the forest near PU campus. All of the students must camp for a night in the tent they built. The students divided into several groups based on their year.

The peak of the halloween event last year is the bravery test that held on midnight. Each groups have same mission: to escape the forest. In order to escape, they have to explore the forest to obtain clues about how to escape. The lecturers and student committee have set the ghosts, monsters and so on in the forest as part of the bravery test. There are punishment for the failed group: replace the cafetaria staffs or the janitors for a week.

Prime University never half-heartedly and vaguely held an event. They always give their best. Thanks to the dedication of student committee and the lecturers.

“So? What’s the theme?” Luhan asks impatiently.

“It’s carnival, where there are many halloween and horror theme stands. But... you have to go in pairs and have couple costume with your partner. So it’s like combination of prom and carnival,” Chen explains in detail.

“Really?! So you mean it’s like a prom when we have to ask girls to be our partner and dress up matchingly?” Lay asked, still confused.

Chen nodded. “Exactly. For example, you and your partner dressed up as Romeo and Juliet,” Chen recited.

“Crap! I don’t even have any idea what would be my costume this year. Now there’s another burden to ask a girl to be my partner,” Tao grumbled.

“Today is Thursday and the Halloween is this Monday!” Baekhyun exclaims in panic.

The others groan simultaneously.

“How do you know about this? I don’t think there’s no official announcement about this yet,” Suho chimed in. Hoping the news to get partner for Halloween is just a hoax.

Chen puts his arm on Hyuna’s shoulder. “I know from Hyuna. She’s part of the school committee, remember?”

Hyuna glares at Chen and tries to put down his arm from her shoulder. But Chen doesn’t budge.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter