Chapter 18

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18 – HALLOWEEN PART 2

 

Kris gave 5 minutes do-and-donts lectures to Suho and warn him to take a really good care of Wendy. Suho only nodded as response to him and sometimes sheepishly smiled to Wendy in secret. On the other hand, Wendy seems annoyed by the emergence of Kris’s protective side and frowned along his lecture. If only Jinah didn’t tell him that she’s hungry, Kris’s lecture time might be way longer than 5 minutes. Suho and Wendy immediately went away from Kris and not forget to gave a grateful look to Jinah because she has rescued them.

After meeting Suho and Wendy, Baekhyun and Taeyeon decide to part way. So it leave Jinah, Kris, Hyuna and Chen. The two ers won’t leave Jinah and Kris side even Kris openly give them a glare. The four of them go to the food booth and order many foods to share among them, such as 4 bloody finger hotdogs, a bucket of ‘bloody’ fried chicken and 4 juices.

“I wonder if one of the sausage is actually a finger,” Hyuna wiggled the sausage to Jinah. They sit side by side while Kris and Chen sit across them. The 4 of them currently sit in onetable.

“Ewww... please, I don’t wanna imagine it,” Jinah grimaced.

“Hmm... not bad,” Kris commented after sipped his drink. “Do you want to try my pumpkin juice?” Kris asked Jinah as he pushed his drink straw toward Jinah. “It’s not that bad. Trust me,” Kris assures when Jinah looks hesitated.

Jinah sips the pumpkin juice with Kris’s straw in hesitate. “It’s quite good but too sweet. I wonder how can Harry Potter and friends drink pumpkin juice everyday in Hogwarts,” Jinah commented after took a sip.

“You may find it okay at the first sip. But after 3 or 5 more, the sweetness get absurb,” Kris sipped his pumpkin juice again.

“So that’s why you asked me to taste your drink? Because you don’t want to take the absurbness alone,” Jinah raises one of her eyebrows to Kris.

Kris grinned. “I wanna share my pain and happiness with you,” he replied.

“Do you want to taste mine too?” Jinah offers her blood-look-like drink, which is a berry juice.

Kris instantly takes Jinah’s offer. He sips the berry juice using Jinah’s straw. “Hey, it’s good! I regret order this pumpkin juice,” Kris takes 2 more sips of Jinah’s berry juice.

“Let’s just share if you want. This berry juice I ordered is in the large cup,” Jinah suggested.

Kris nods in agreement and moves his own straw to the berry juice cup. There’s a lipstick stain on Jinah’s straw, so you can easily differentiate which one is their straw.

“Did you realize you just indirectly kiss just now?” Chen interrupted. He gave an amused look to Kris and Jinah.

For all this time, Chen and Hyuna silently observed their interaction in amusement. Kris coolly shrugged while Jinah turned pink by Chen’s comment.

Hyuna cheekily giggled.“You must be already comfortable to each other,”

While they eat, they met Luhan and Sehun with their respective partner. Chaeyeon, Luhan’s partner, is one of the intern student in Luhan’s father company. While Sehun and Nari, Sehun’s classmate, dressed in police uniform. Luhan, Sehun and their partner stopped by to their table only to said hi. Then they went on their way with their own partner.

Jinah focused her attention to the food again and finished her hotdog until only the crumbles left on the plate. Jinah absentmindedly sips the berry juice with her straw. Only then, she realized someone doing the same with her. She can feel and see from her peripherial view, she’s being stared.

Jinah bravely looks up and instantly meet eye to Kris. Kris also sips from the same berry juice cup with his own straw and staring at Jinah while supporting his chin on the table. Jinah can’t help but to feel great because whenever they’re together and she decide to look at him, she found him already staring at her. Right now, Kris stares at her exactly looking like this :

 

*only his expression, he's in suit for reminder*

 

“Why?” Jinah asked when Kris only staring at her.

Their face are close to each other. Beside them, Hyuna and Chen are bickering because Chen ate too many chicken from their shared. So the two don’t really pay attention to Kris and Jinah.

“I just realized you have a really thick and long lashes,” Kris commented.

Jinah blinked her eyes and touched her eyelashes. “It’s because I used mascara on it,” she pouted.

“No, you really have one of the best eyes I’ve ever seen. Maybe it’s because you haveyour eyes, lashes and eyebrow proportionally. Someone might be captivated by it,” Kris said with dreamy eyes

Jinah madly blushed by his word. “Are you flirting with me?” She asked in challenge.

“Depends,” Kris said while chuckling. “Is it working?” He asked as he wiggling his eyebrows.

“No, it’s not,” Jinah decided to .

“Then no, I’m not flirting. I’m complimenting,” Kris said while raised one of his eyebrow.

Jinah smiles in amusement. “Well, thanks for the compliment anyway. I got these eyes from my father,”

 

 

The plaza become more crowded when they decide to explore the carnival again. Many couples have swarm on the dance floor. Dancing crazily with their partner or with in the group. The DJ played the EDM version of popular halloween songs. Lay and his partner in doctor and nurse costume spotted crazily dancing on the dance floor. Kyungsoo and his partner, in their disco costume, also dancing on the side.

They meet Chanyeol and Eunji in the claw machine area. Chanyeol and Eunji are in Gods of Greek & Roman mythology costume. In Eunji’s arm, there are already 3 different pumpkin dolls which gotten by Chanyeol from the claw machine.

Hyuna turned to Chen. “Chen! I want that pumpkin doll too!” Hyuna pleads to Chen. Chen follows Hyuna’s wish. The two immmediately go to the unoccupied claw machine and drifting to their own little world.

“You look so hot tonight!” Chanyeol said while staring alternately at Jinah and Kris from head to toe.

“Yeah, All the boys and girls are drolling on you right now, wanting to be your partner instead,” Eunji adds.

“Including the two of you?” Jinah joked.

“Maybe. But I’d be drolling on Kris. Not you,” Eunji said in honesty, but also want to tease Chanyeol a bit.

Chanyeol glares at Eunji in jealousy. “Hey Krystal!” Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed to Krystal who leisurely walk past them.

“Oh, oppa! I don’t see you there,” Krystal approached them. She and her partner dressed in Mickey and Minnie Mouse costume. Surprisingly, her partner isn’t Kai. “Eonnie, you look gorgeous!” Krystal observed Jinah.

“You look cute yourself,” Jinah said while touching the ear headband on Krystal’s head.

Krystal beamed cutely as response. “Guys, this is Taemin. My Mickey Mouse for tonight,” Krystal introduces her partner to her eonnies and oppas. Taemin said hi and smiles to them.

“, are you trying to emptying the claw machine?” Chanyeol shrieked when Hyuna and Chen came back with at least3 pumpkin dolls in each of their hands.

“They’re easy to get. I can get each one of them in one-shot. 6 dolls in 6 times try,” Chen said arrogantly.

“Really?!” Krystal asks in interest.

“Can I get one then?” Jinah asked Hyuna. She touches one of the pumpkin dolls in Hyuna’s hands.

“No~ Ask Kris to get one for you,” Hyuna kept away her dolls from Jinah.

“If Chen can get 6 dolls for Hyuna. I will get 10 for you,” Kris said when he looks Jinah slightly pouted. He takes Jinah’s hand and drags her to the nearest claw machine.

Chanyeol, Eunji, Chen, Hyuna, Krystal and Taemin follow them to the machine. There are many cute dolls inside the machine. Kris takes out some coins from his pocket and enter it to the machine.

“Which one do you want?” Kris turned to Jinah before he pushes the start button.

“That one,” Jinah pointed her fingers to the medium-sized of pumpkin doll with smiley face.

Kris nods and instantly working on the buttons and gears to get the doll Jinah want. Chanyeol and Taemin cheers on Kris’s right side. Chen gives instruction to Kris on the left side. The girls only observes quietly from behind.

First try, Kris failed miserably. He missed the doll, the claw doesn’t clamp on anything. Second try, he failed too. The claw didn’t strongly clamp the doll. 3rd try, he failed again. But he doesn’t stop until he get the doll.

“Why are you partner up with Taemin?” Hyuna asked Krystal quietly when the boys too busy cheering on Kris.Eunji and Jinah move closer so they can hear Krystal’s story clearly.

“Taemin asked me first and I said yes. Kai asked me on the next day, so of course I declined him because I have said yes to Taemin. Kai was not fast enough like Kris oppa,” Krystal glanced meningfully to Jinah.

“Poor Kai,” Eunji commented.

Taemin also decided to get the dolls for Krystal. On his 2nd try, Taemin succesfully got Krystal a doll. He got 2 small-sized pumpkin dolls for Krystal in the end. Then Taemin went back to Kris’s side to cheer him again.

Kris already on his 10th try now. But he still don’t get any doll. Chanyeol still cheered on him and Chen still give Kris instruction how to get the doll, but not that excited as before. Kris feels jealous to Taemin because he can get a doll for Krystal. Kris’s competitive side emerged.

“Jinah, please cheer on Kris hyung,” Chanyeol requested.

“Yeah, who knows with your cheershe finally can get you a doll,” Chen adds. Kris glared at Chen.

“Fighting!” Jinah rigidly cheered. She pumped fist with both of her hands.

“Add some aegyo into it. If you cheers like a robot, no one will be cheered,” Hyuna joined to instruct.

“Fighting~” Jinah do over her cheer in more aeygo way. Kris chuckles as reaction to Jinah’s aegyo cheering.“Should I help you? You have spent much for this claw machine,” Jinah suggested.

“No. Let me handle this by myself,” Kris declined while take out his spare coints change from his pockets.

Kris puts in the coints and starts to play the claw machine. Jinah observes from beside him. And on his 11th try, Kris finally get the doll Jinah wanted.

“WOHOOOO!!!” Kris shouts in joy when the doll finally landed safely on the prize pit. He immediately give the doll to Jinah.

“Wow, the power of Jinah’s cheer,” Eunji commented.

“9 way to go! You said you’ll get 10 dolls for Jinah,” Chen said while grinning in tease. Hyuna supported Chen by showing the 6 dolls in her hands.

“No need. One is enough,” Jinah immediately opposed. She craddles the medium-sized dolls in her hands.

Kris silently cursed Chen. He tries to find move to get away from Chen and Hyuna tonight. If not, he’s sure he will explode by their constant teasing tonight.

“Okay then. Guys, how about we try that tarot reading there?” Krystal suggested while pointing to the tarot reading booth not far from them.

Hyuna, Chen, Jinah and Chanyeol agreed enthusiastically by Krystal’s suggestion. While Taemin, Kris and Eunji only follow the majority. The 4 couples walk to the tarot-reading booth. The booth isn’t really crowded. So they don’t have to wait too long.

“Oh, she’s the same person when we have our tarot-reading done on orientation day,” Jinah said when she recognized the gipsy-looking lady. Krystal and Eunji nodded in recognition.

The lady only smiled mysteriously to them. “So, who want to be read?” she asks while shuffling her tarot cards.

“All of us,” Hyuna replied. Motioned her eyes to the 8 of them.

The lady look each one of them. “Since there are many of you, how about I help to read about you and your partner compatibility?” The lady offered.

“Sounds good,” Eunji agreed which approved by others too.

The 8 of them sit in circle. They si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter