Chapter 33

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 33 – THE DELAYED DATE

 

The bell rang. That must be Kris. Jinah thought in her mind. She was expecting Kris to come to her house this morning. Today is the day where Kris is going to take Jinah to the special date he promised. Kris said will take her to somewhere. She glanced at the mirror that hung at the hallways to check on her appearance. Yesterday she asked Kris what she should wear for this date and he said she should wear her most comfortable and best casual outfit for date. She cladded in black turtleneck with navy coat on top of it and black jeans because it was still cold in February. She also let her hair down. Thankfully today wasn't her bad hair day. After checking her appearance for the last time, she took her small slingbag and quickly opened the door.

 

*Jinah outfit*

 

Kris’s smiling face greeted her right away. “Morning,” He said as he pecked her cheeks.

Jinah silently checked his appearance out from head to toe. Kris sweeped his hair up so showing his forehead. A black glasses perched on his pointed nose. He wore a checked shirt, grey coat and black jeans. A sneakers complete his look.

 

*Kris outfit (minus the bag) *

 

“Morning,” Jinah greeted back after her silent observation.

“Ready to go?” Kris asked as he took Jinah’s hand in to his.

“Yep! Let’s go then,” Jinah started to walk pass Kris.

“Wait, we should tell your parents first that we’re going to go,” Kris reprimanded while craning his neck toward inside of the house.

“Oh, there’s no one in the house except the sleeping Yoona eonnie. Mom and Dad have been gone to the gym, Jaebum stayed at his friend’s house last night. But don’t worry I’ve told my parents that today you will take me out somewhere,” Jinah assured Kris that it’s okay to go without meet her parents.

“Okay, let’s go!” Kris nodded. He led Jinah to his car.

Soon Jinah was seating inside Kris’s car to go to the place Kris going to take her.

“You look very beautiful today, sweetie,” Kris commented while glancing at her.

“Thanks. But only for today?” Jinah turned to Kris and pouted at him.

“Yes. Yesterday you looked very lovely. Sometimes you looked very charming, sweet, dashing, gorgeous and… y,” Kris said as he wiggled his eyebrows to her.

“When did I look y?” Jinah chuckled.

“When I went back home and found you in my kitchen. You had your back on me while wearing an apron,” Kris answered casually.

Jinah chuckled. Remembering the memory when they had their date in Kris’s apartment. Kris started his car and took off from in front of Jinah’s house. He drove the car into the highway toward the up skirt of Seoul, passing the road with trees on the both side and crossing several bridges where rivers flew under it.

“Kris, where are we going? Is it far?” Jinah asked curiously.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart. I won’t kidnap you if that’s make you afraid,” Kris answered. The black glasses made him more handsome while driving.

“It just I’m so curious where you will take me to your so called special date. Give me some hint,” Jinah whined so Kris will tell her.

“Hint? It’s somewhere you’ll like,” Kris gave a very insignificant hint.

“Anything else?” Jinah inquired again.

“Related to nature,” Kris simply answered.

Half of the trip, Kris stopped at the gas station. While Kris was filling up the gas to his car, Jinah went to the minimarket to buy snacks for them. After that, they continued their trip. Jinah sometimes feed Kris with the snacks she bought before. Music blustered from the radio, Jinah and Kris sometimes sang a long together. The trip was so chill out.

After 3 hours’ drive and passed by a small village, Kris drove some miles away to the south until they reached a place with an arch gate. ‘Alpha Farmland’ written on it. It was the destination where Kris will take Jinah. Trees and meadow dominated the place. Jinah planted her hands on the window and looked outside of it with an excited expression graced on her face. Kris didn’t miss that reaction and automatically smiled because of that.

“Voila~ this is where our special date will take place!” Kris exclaimed. “Are you excited?”

Jinah nodded eagerly. “What farm is this?”

“Let’s find out our self,” Kris grinned mysteriously as he parked his car in front of the farmhouse where people with cowboy hat were going in and out. He and Jinah went out from the car.

Jinah looked around her surroundings. She took a deep breath of air. The air was very fresh and good because the up skirt side was still dominating by the nature, unlike the downtown where the air had been polluted. She liked this kind of environment.

Kris walked to Jinah’s side and held out his hand for her to take. Jinah glanced at it briefly and took his hands. Kris automatically intertwined their hands together. He led her into the farmhouse. Kris walked to the some kind of the front office of the farmhouse and talked to the middle aged man that guard it. Jinah waited behind Kris while observing the entire farmhouse. There was a corner on the left side of the entrance door that sell some original souvenirs from the farm. Jinah tried to focus on the things they were selling when Kris approached her.

“Come on,” Kris took and held her hands again. They walked side by side following the man Kris talked to before. “So… to answer your question before about the place I took you to our date today is a farm and also a ranch.......AN ALPACA RANCH,” Kris said with an excited voice.

“REALLY???!!!” Jinah asked with the same excitement.

Kris nodded. “I know you love to watch the cartoon about Sheep. What it call again?” Kris mumbled on himself as he’s in deep thought.

“Shaun the sheep,” Jinah answered for him.

“Yeah, Shaun the sheep!” Kris nodded. “I know you’re obsessed with them. You watched one episode when I was around and told me that you would like to spend a day with them. So that’s why I take you to here,” Kris recited the reason he took her here.

“But it’s Alpaca ranch. Not sheep,” Jinah pointed out.

“Alpaca and Sheep are the same, aren’t they?” Kris asked with dumbfounded expression.

“No, they’re from different family. Yes they’re from the same Artiodactyl order. But sheep are from Bovid family while Alpaca are from Camelid family,” Jinah explained her biology knowledge.

“Wah, you and your y brain,” Kris whistled. “I don’t know that they’re different. I thought they were the same since they have the same thick fur and mammals. I’m sorry, sweetheart,” the excitement on Kris’s expression before suddenly turned into a disappointment.

Jinah quickly consoled him. “It’s totally okay. I love Alpaca, too. They’re cuter!”

“Yes, they are and I promise you’ll enjoy spending the time with them,” Kris assured as he patted her head.

“I believe I am, because I spend it together with you,” Jinah stated with a slight blushed on her face.

Kris softly brushed his shoulder on hers in teasing way. He was relieved Jinah liked the place because he spent many time in between his busy schedule to search the sheep ranch near Seoul. But he found this farm instead which is also have Alpaca ranch. He contacted the farm owner to let them experience the shepherd’s life and spent time with the Alpacas exclusively. Yes, he rented the place only for him and Jinah for one day. After sweet talked to the owner, Kris asked Seokjin to step in and arranged the details for them.

The man led them to the back of the house. A vast meadow automatically greet them. There are a large barn and several vegetables farm located on the back not far from the house. Kris and Jinah followed the man who led them into the barn. Jinah can hear the faint sound of the Alpacas already.

“You should use these if you want to look like a shepherd, Mr. & Mrs. Wu,” The man gave two cowboy hats to Kris and Jinah.

Kris and Jinah paused and awkwardly glanced at each other. It seem the man mistaken them as a married couple. The two of them just shrugged it off and immediately wore the hats while smiling to each other. “You looked a little like a country girl, now,” Kris tipped Jinah’s hat lightly.

The man pushed the door of the barn with both of his hands which made a grand entrance for them into the barn. Two teenage boys who were inside the barn automatically turned toward them. “Welcome to the Alpha Farmland!” He exclaimed as he presented the inside of the barn to Kris and Jinah.

Hundreds of Alpacas greeted them when they entered the barn. Alpaca have different sound from the sheep’s bleat, they made a sound like a high-pitched humming. The Alpacas are have different fur colour mostly white, but there are also brown, grey, and even black. The Alpacas divided into several groups and separated by stalls. The man explained to them what they can do to help in the farm. The two should work with animals such as transporting, milking, feeding, mucking out and caring for sick or new-born Alpacas.

“Is there any question regarding the job, Mr & Mrs Wu?” The man asked Kris and Jinah.

Jinah shook her head. “No, sir. But please just call us with Kris and Jinah,” Kris told the man and he nodded in agree.

The man approached one of the boy with jeans jumpsuit who busied feeding the Alpacas in one of the stall. “Dongwoo, assist Kris-ssi and Jinah-ssi to do the regular job, okay?” he asked the boy.

“Okay, Appa,” Dongwoo answered while saluted the man. The man left Kris and Jinah.

Dongwoo introduced himself to Kris and Jinah and so they did. Dongwoo walked to another stall. Kris and Jinah were following him while observing the barn with mesmerized eyes. The Alpacas seem like staring at them cautiously, maybe because they were not familiar with Kris and Jinah’s presence. Dongwoo let Kris and Jinah walk into the stall where all the little guys overcame their initial trepidation and then surrounded them in the most adorable way possible.

 

 

“OH MY GOD! THEY ARE SO CUTE!” Jinah exclaimed excitedly.

Some of the Alpacas surrounded Jinah. Jinah can’t help to laugh when the Alpacas fought their way out to be closer to her. Some of them even hummed in the highest voice possible to get Jinah’s attention.

Kris chuckled after seeing his girlfriend was being surrounded by the Alpacas. “All of them are male?” Kris asked Dongwoo referring to the Alpacas that surrounding Jinah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter