Chapter 27

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 27 – HOME

 

Jinah was staring at her half-eaten breakfast. She glanced at the clock that hung on the kitchen’s wall. 9 A.M in the morning. Today is Saturday in the middle of January which is two days before the holiday ends. Yoona and Jaebum was also in the dining table with Jinah, have their breakfast while watching cartoons on the TV.

“Grocery duty~,” Their mother announced in sing-song tone as she slammed the grocery list on the dining table in front of her children.

Yoona, Jinah and Jaebum groaned together after. They always reacted like this when their mother approached them with a grocery list.

“Mommm... it’s almost the end of holiday,” Jinah whined to her mother.

“Can you spare us to enjoy the last day of vacation?” Yoona protested.

“Yes mom, can you ask other person to do it?” Jaebum join to protest like his older sisters.

Their mother narrowed her eyes to them. She sighed deliberately. “No one can do the grocery, guys. You know it. We can’t eat anything tonight if no one won’t do the grocery,” Chaeyoung coaxed her children.

“Let’s have takeout’s for dinner then!” Yoona suggested with a cheeky grin on her face.

Their mother put her hands on her hip. “What about tomorrow and the day after? You can’t escape from this duty eventually,”

Jaebum sighed. “Let’s have paper-rock-scissor to decide who do the duty,” Jaebum suggested.

Their mother smiled in contented. Yoona, Jinah and Jaebum reluctantly do the rock-paper-scissor game. Yoona and Jaebum draw the scissors. Jinah unfortunately draw a paper.

“Yeeesssss!!!!” Yoona and Jaebum shrieked in happiness.

“Why always me?” Jinah groaned as she face-palmed her face.

“Here’s the list and my cards. Well, you can buy something for yourself as your pay,” Her mother gave Jinah the grocery list and her gold debit card. “You can use my car too since I and your father will go together to our seminar invitation,” She said as she pointed to the car keys hanger on living room wall.

“Really? I can buy something for myself?” Jinah asked to reassure.

“As long as it’s not broke me down. Don’t buy expensive and useless thing,” Chaeyoung reminded sternly.

Jinah smiled in victory to Yoona and Jaebum. “Yeay, I can buy anything from mom’s card,” she mocked.

Yoona and Jaebum rolled their eyes in jealousy. Jinah finished her breakfast then she washed her bowl and spoon. She was on the way to the living room when her phone rang. It was Kris who call her. Jinah quickly came outside to the pool area to pick up the phone call.

 

“Hello...,” Jinah picked with a cheerful tone.

‘Hello, sweetheart. Why did you sound so happy?’ Kris’s deep voice welcomed her from the opposite receiver.

“I’m happy because I finally got a phone call from you,” Jinah answered smartly. “Are you home?”

Kris chuckled. ‘Did you miss me that much?’ he asked in flirty tone.

Yes, Kris was in a business trip as usual. He went to Tokyo for a week. The last time he called Jinah was two days ago. He was so busy but still made an effort to communicate with Jinah.

“Maybe,” Jinah answered teasingly.

‘I’ll be home tonight. Did you have plan tonight?’ Kris asked.

Jinah smiles in silent. She knew what Kris’s intention. Every time he want to ask for a date from her, he always asked that question. “I don’t think I have,” Jinah answered.

‘Good. I was planning to have a date for us again,’ Kris announced.

“Okay, another dinner date,” Jinah approved.

‘Since I chose the restaurant for our date before, it’s your turn now. You choose the restaurant. My plane will landed around 6 in Incheon. So I’ll reach Seoul around 7,’ Kris told his schedule to Jinah.

Jinah was thinking for awhile. Dinner date in restaurant is kind of ordinary for them. From 3 Michelin star restaurant to street food stale had been tried by them to have dinner date. Beside Kris just got back from his abroad trip, it must be tiring him.

“Can I give a suggestion for this date?” she asked.

‘Of course, sweetheart,’ Kris answered gently. He listened to Jinah intently from across the line.

“I suggest we have our dinner date in home. I’ll cook for you,” Jinah bit her lips in nervous. Waiting for Kris’s answer.

‘You want to cook? For us?’ Asked Kris with doubt hinted in his voice.

Hearing doubt in Kris’s voice, Jinah pouted. “I’ll make sure I can cook well without burn something. I can assure you, my cooking won’t…,” she tried to defend herself, but Kris was cutting her next words.

‘That’s not my intention,’ Kris interjecked. It sounded a bit like a growl.

“So what?” Jinah pouted even more although she knew Kris won’t see her at that time.

‘I was thinking that was so romantic, sweetheart. The most romantic and sweet thing anyone has ever done for me,’ Kris said in a once breath.

Warm feeling suddenly filled Jinah’s heart. She didn’t expect Kris will feel like this. She can’t help to smile. “Is that a yes?”

‘Definitely yes,’ Kris said hoarsely. His deep chuckles followed after that.

“So should I arrive and bring our dinner at 7 sharp tonight?” Jinah asked implicitly if she should be arrive in his condo sharp at seven o’clock or before that.

‘No, you can cook for dinner in my condo. You can use my kitchen. How about that?’ Kris suggested.

Jinah was thinking for awhile. “Are you sure? You don’t mind if I will be there alone? I mean you won’t feel a privacy intrusion,” Jinah asked to reassure.

‘I don’t mind at all. You can explore my condo all you want,’ Kris reassured firmly. ‘My passcode is 010117. I’ll ask Seokjin to deliver the elevator pass card to your home right now,’ his voice sound so excited.

“Okay then. I’ll go buy grocery first. Then I’ll go to your condo right away,” Jinah planned.

‘Alright. See you soon, sweetheart,’ Kris said sweetly.

“See you tonight. Don’t be late for our date,” Jinah’s smile automatically etched from her lips.

 

 

After Seokjin delivered Kris’s elevator pass to her house, Jinah immediately went to the grocery store with her mother’s car. It’s a good thing she was chosen to do the grocery duty from her mom, so she can also buy everything she need for tonight’s dinner. To top it all, she can used her mother’s card. The perks of being virtuous to mother.

Jinah quickly put foods and drinks supply on her shopping cart right after she arrived at the E-mart. After everything on her mother’s grocery list has crossed, she started to buy everything she need for dinner. Jinah decided to make steak as the main course. Fortunately, she joined a cooking class not long ago to spend her winter break efficiently. So Jinah already has a basic grip on herself about cooking.

Jinah walked toward the meat section. There is already a woman in front of the butcher. The woman has her back on Jinah so Jinah can see the woman’s face. She looked elegant even from the back. Her long winter coat and boat are in pastel color. Not far from the woman, there are a young lady with a black formal wear.

“1 kg rib-eye beef, please,” Jinah told the butcher as she stood beside the woman.

The butcher gave Jinah an apologetic face to Jinah. “I’m really sorry miss. But we ran out the rib-eye stocks. The last 1 kg is sold to this madam,” the butcher said apologetically.

Jinah pouted. Feeling sad that she should buy the rib-eye meat in other place. Jinah glanced at the woman beside her. Should she ask the lady to give the meat to her? But it’s rude, Jinah thought in her mind.

The woman beside Jinah suddenly turned toward her. She was staring at Jinah for some moment and narrowed her eyes in thinking manner. A look of recognition suddenly flashed on the woman’s eyes.

“Oh, Hi! It’s you again,” the woman exclaimed at Jinah.

Jinah smiled to the woman politely as she raked her mind hard trying to remember who perhaps this woman is.

“Did you say you need the rib-eye?” asked the woman in friendly tone.

“Yes. I want to cook for someone for tonight’s dinner,” Jinah shyly confessed.

“Ahhhh what a coincidence! Last time you gave me the last stock of oxtail when I was cooking dinner for the arrival of my children. Let me turn back your kindness by giving you the last stock of rib-eye,” the woman said in a motherly tone.

That’s when Jinah remember this woman was the one who she gave the oxtail on her grocery duty with Jaebum a really long time ago (re: chapter 1). Jinah recognized the young lady is the same one when they met before. “Really? It’s okay if you also need the meat, ma’am,” Jinah politely want to declined.

“It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter