Chapter 2

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2. School and Friends

 

Monday come faster than what Jinah thought. She spent sunday just inside her room (which shared with her sister), checking her tumblr account, read the latest romance novels, listen and sing to the new song. Sunday really leaves faster than what she thought, or is it Monday that just arrive early? Because right now on 7 AM Jinah seated comfortably on campus cafeteria while read one of her romance novel. The school crowded enough today in the morning, because today is the first school day of the year.

Senior and junior year student from all majors look busy to prepare for the freshman campus orientation and welcoming party. The committee student is the busiest, because they walk back and forth to check the preparation of opening ceremony. The sophomore student from all majors looks busy to build and decorate their own stands on the bazaar, special for campus orientation day. The stands consist of every department stands in each major and other various kinds of stands, such us food stands, book stands, entertainment stands, games stands until fortune teller stands. Jinah happen to have no shift on her department stand for today. Her shift starts from tomorrow afternoon with Myungsoo, her best boy friend. With a space between boy and friend word.

Prime University. One of the prestige private school in Seoul, South Korea. The school's symbol is a roaring lion with a motto written on the beneath ‘Where future’s leader comes together’. The school has various kind of majors in it, such as Business and Management, Law, Engineering, Arts and Social-Political Science. Every year they accepting high school student with good achievement, high motivation and certainly great amount of fund, through their private entrance exam. Only the best from the best can be accepted to be one of the students in Prime.

“Hey, you're early,” A black-hair handsome guy suddenly sit in front of Jinah. “Do you miss me that much so you come early on the first day of school?” he ask and smile playfully. There's a dimple on his right cheek.

Jinah look up from her novel and snort. “You wish, Myungsoo! The perks of being the middle child in the family and share one vehicle with your siblings,” Jinah explain nonchalantly. “Yoona eonnie is needed to come early because she is one of the committee students. She needs to prepare for the opening ceremony. While Jaebum, as a freshman, he absolutely need to come early to school on his first day. So here I am, being dragged by my eonnie and dongsaeng to come early on the first day of the school,” She tells Myungsoo sulkily.

Myungsoo just chuckle. He knows very well his best girl friend’s insecurity. She sometimes complains for being the middle child. Even though her family is well, but they are not that wealthy. She must share one car with her siblings. Having a sister who won Miss Campus for two years in a row and TOP 10 rank in her year, make Jinah sometimes compare and belittle herself to her over-achiever sister. Moreover she and her sister have a same major and department, acting. So for the next hour, Myungsoo and Jinah just sit in one of campus cafeteria seat, tell each other about how they spent their summer vacation.

“Yo! How long you’ve been here?” a girl with red lipstick joins Jinah and Myungsoo in their table. She takes the vacant seat beside Jinah. Behind her there are a brown-hair girl and a black-straight-hair girl with a cold face. Myungsoo stand from his seat and let the two girls to take over his previous seat and the vacant seat beside it. He takes another chair from other tables and place it on Jinah’s left side.

“Hi, Hyuna! Hi, Eunji! Hi, Soojung!”Myungsoo greet them. The girl in red lip and the brown-hair girl just wave at him lightly. “How’s life?”

“Hi, Oppa! I’m fine. But please don’t call me Soojung here. Call me Krystal,” the black-straight-hair girl tells him while pouting. Jinah laughed at her cuteness.

“Okay okay, I forget to call you in your English name if we are in school. Do you guys just arrive or come early like our Jinah here?” Myungsoo ask them.

“Oh I and Krystal just arrive. We met at the entrance hall. But Eunji has arrived since 30 minutes ago. We found her in her usual hiding place, the studio room,” Hyuna tell them with her sarcastic tone. Myungsoo and Jinah just chuckles. Eunji kicks Hyuna leg lightly under the table. “Owww… just kidding Eunji. I’m not your taekwondo punching bag,” Hyuna whine with her nasal voice. Try to annoy Eunji more.

“Shut up, Hyuna!” Eunji irritated by Hyuna’s nasal voice, just rolled her eyes.

They are Jinah’s close friend. Im Jinah, Kim Myungsoo, Kim Hyuna and Jung Eunji met for the first time on the first day of school just like today. They united by acting department and become closer to each other because their schedule' similarities. Explore the stands and do campus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter