Chapter 28

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 28 – YOU'LL BE THE DEATH OF ME

 

“Welcome home~,” Jinah greeted as she gave her sweet smile to Kris.

Kris rooted on the spot where he stood for some moment. Only staring at Jinah without blinking. After got some grip of himself, he responded by smiling back at her charmingly. He approached Jinah who was standing behind the kitchen island and gave the bouquet of roses in his hand to her.

“Roses for the lovely lady,” Kris handed Jinah the flowers. “You look so beautiful tonight,” he praised as his eyes only set on Jinah’s face.

 

(The bouquet of roses from Kris)

 

Jinah took the flowers “Thank you. For the flower and the compliment,” she smelled the sweet scent and the freshness of the flowers.

Before Kris’s arrival, Jinah was plating the steak. She styled her hair into the side-braided that night so it won’t disturb her when she serve and assist Kris and herself for the dinner. The dishes was ready not long before Kris arrive. A plate of Canapés has been placed on the dining table as their appetizers.

“I didn’t hear when you came,” Jinah stated with a pointed look.

“Yeah it’s because I want to surprise you,” Kris grinned.

“Well, you did. I hope you’re starving enough, I made steak for us,” Jinah informed as she pointed to the dishes behind her.

“I’m famished actually. Oh I bought wine for us,” Kris walked back to the living room to fetch the wine he bought before. Rourou was following him, tail-wagging.

When Kris walked back to the kitchen area again, he brought the bottle of wine in his hand which Jinah immediately took. She let Kris sit on the dining table while she took two wine glasses from kitchen. Kris observed the table which has been made by Jinah. Jinah was waiting nervously about what would Kris’s think about her table arrangement.

“If only there were candles. It would be perfect for candle light dinner at home,” Kris commented.

Jinah chuckles. “Well sorry to disappoint you. I’m not as romantic as you are. So it didn’t cross in my mind,” She pouted disappointedly.

“It’s okay sweetheart. We can have it next time,” Kris winked at Jinah.

“There will be a next time?”

“Definitely, it will. Can I eat these canapés already?” he asked as he’s pointing to the plate before him.

“Of course you can. But leave some space for the main course and desserts,” Jinah said as she came to the table with two glasses on her hands.

Kris hummed in satisfaction when the canapés entered his mouth. Jinah poured the wine into two glasses for both of them. Then she came back again to the kitchen area. Rourou came back to sit on his corner again as if he know his owner and girlfriend need privacy.

“How is it?” Jinah asked as she put down another plate contained with steak in front of Kris and her seat. She claimed the seat in front of Kris and took one canapés from it plate.

“It’s good. I never taste canapés with Kimchi on it,” Kris grinned while chewing the canapés in his mouth.

“I made Korean-style canapés special for tonight,” Jinah grinned back. She watched Kris was eating with gusto.

 

(Kimchi canapés)

 

“Let’s eat the main course,” Kris suggested as he lifted his knife and fork. He eyed the delicious sight of steak in front of him with dreamy eyes. He can't wait to taste them. Moreover he was very hungry after had a flight from Tokyo.

Jinah followed Kris by holding her knife and fork. But she didn’t immediately eat her own steak. She waited Kris’s comment about the steak she made. Kris cut his steak and delivered the piece of meat to his lips. He chewed in silent and didn’t aware that Jinah waiting for his respond.

“Why you don’t eat, sweetheart?” Kris asked in confusion after had three-mouthful of steak he just realized Jinah hasn’t start eating yet.

“How is the steak?” Jinah asked in tiny voice but it can be heard by Kris.

Kris chuckled hearing Jinah’s question. “Are you worried I don’t like your cooking?” he asked teasingly.

Jinah pouted. “Well, it’s my first time to cook for someone aside from myself and family. So I don’t know it will taste good or bad. I don’t have any experience,” Jinah explained as she played with her utensils.

Kris smiled lightly. He put down his knife and fork and reached his hand across to hold Jinah’s. “Sweetheart...,” he began.

It’s always fluttered Jinah every time Kris called her ‘sweetheart’. Kris had been called her that as his endearing pet name since they were together. He usually called her ‘sweetheart’ or ‘sweety’ in short. Sometimes he called her ‘love’ too. But Jinah didn’t have any pet name for him yet. Well, she was searching the suitable pet name for Kris now actually.

“The steak you made was really tasty. Well, if you compared it to the 5-stars restaurant steak it definitely not equal. But... It’s beyond my expectation. I love the steak, moreover it’s you who served it for me,” Kris coaxed as he rubbed his thumb on top of Jinah’s hand.

“Great. I’m happy you like my cooking,” Jinah smiles in relieved. “Actually, I almost failed to make steak for you. When I bought the groceries in E-mart, the meat was the last stock and almost sold to a woman. Fortunately, the woman gave the meat for me because I ever gave the last stock of meat for her. It’s a really kind of her. I even didn’t recognize her at first,” Jinah recited her grocery experience today.

Kris raised his eyebrows in wonder. He feel de javu as if he ever heard this story before. He raked his mind hard, but he can’t pointed out who was the one who told the same story. Maybe it’s just his imagination.

“Thanks to the woman. I can taste my girlfriend’s cooking,” Kris grinned and winked his eyes. “Now you should start to eat. Or I will take your portion,” Kris pretended to threaten Jinah.

“Andwaeeee~,” Jinah quickly took her knife and fork and proceeded to eat her steak.

Kris smiled in amusement seeing his girlfriend’s behavior. They ate the dinner as they talked about their own activity while being away from each other.

 

(The steak)

 

20 minutes later, Kris has emptied the steak on his plate. He also finished the remaining canapés.

“The steak was really delicious, sweetheart,” Kris sighed in satisfaction.

“Do you still have some room in your stomach?” Jinah asked as she walked toward the fridge and brought the pan of tiramisu she made before.

“Oh another food!” Kris exclaimed like a kid found his toy. He stood from his seat and walked toward Jinah. “I still have many spaces for everything you cook for me,”

“Alright then,” Jinah picked the clean knife which will be used to cut the tiramisu.

“What’s that? Kris peaked from Jinah’s back.

“Tiramisssyyyuuuu~~~,” Jinah answered in sing-song tone and pronounced the the misu word into ‘miss you’. Sent the secret signal that she missed him.

 

(The tiramisu)

 

“Seriously??!!!!” Kris exclaimed in excited voice. “You can make tiramisu?” His eyes twinkled when he saw the tiramisu.

Jinah turned to look at Kris and nodded with the same excitement. “Yeah I can make Tiramisu,”

“How?” he asked in wonder how her cooking skills increased so fast.

“Well, as you know I’m good at baking but I can’t even cook rice properly. So I decided to join a cooking class last week to enhance my cooking skills. And tonight’s dinner is the result. FYI, I got a perfect score when we made tiramisu in the cooking class. I can say that making tiramisu is my specialty,” Jinah recited her cooking class story confidently. “Do you like tiramisu?” Jinah asked.

“More you can imagine! I love tiramisu. It’s my favorite cake actually,” Kris said as he kept his eyes on the tiramisu.

“Mine is banana cake,” Jinah informed. She walked back toward the dining table.

“I know,” Kris responded as he’s following Jinah obediently. His eyes only set on the Pyrex of tiramisu in Jinah’s hand.

Jinah gave the biggest slice of the tiramisu to Kris since she saw how Kris kept his eyes on it. “Dig in!” Jinah cheerfully exclaimed.

Kris didn’t need to be told twice. He straightly dig his spoon to the tiramisu and put a mouthful of the tiramisu slice in to his mouth. “Oh God! This is the best, sweetheart! Better than my mother’s,” Kris praised with his mouth full.

Jinah chuckled. “Thanks. It’s my pleasure if my tiramisu taste better than your mother. Maybe it’s because I made it with... love,” Jinah shyly admitted.

Kris lifted his head to stare at Jinah and raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter