Chapter eight

I love you (more)

 

 “Hello? Mr. Kim? Yeah it's Kim Myungsoo,” Myungsoo laughed nervously when the counselor actually picked up his phone.

Oh! Myungsoo!” Kim Sunggyu laughed, “how are you?

“I'm fine thank you. I... I was calling you because I wanted to say that Jonah and I won't actually be able to make it tonight.”

Oh? Really? Is everything alright?

“Yes, Yes! It's because Jonah's brother is coming from Japan tonight and we have to go to the airport to pick him up.”

Alright, I understand! Do you perhaps want to postpone the appointment?

“Is it possible?”

Yes, are you available... on Friday? 6 p.m, as usual.

“Wait a second please,” Myungsoo turned to see Jonah looking for something in the living room, “Friday, 6 p.m, is it alright?” she didn't even look at him and nodded, “it's perfect.”

Alright, then see you on Friday! Have a nice week, Myungsoo.

“Thank you very much Mr. Kim, have a nice week too.”

 

The young man hang up and sighed.

 

“Eh, Soo, did you perhaps see my necklace Howon offered me?”

 

Myungsoo frowned, surprised. She had called him Soo, which had been his nickname she had for him during the first years of their relationship. But he hadn't heard her called him like this for more than two years now.

 

“Myungsoo!”

“W-what?”

“My necklace! You know the one with Howon and I's dates of birth! I can't find it and if he sees I'm not wearing it he is going to kill me!”

“No I don't know. Have you check the bathroom? You always leave your jewels here.”

“Yeah obviously I checked, it's in fact the first place I've searched! I can't find it!”

“Mom!” Jisoo went back of his room running, “when are we leaving?”

“In ten minutes and oh my! Howon is going to be mad...!”

“Just wear the chain, alright?” Myungsoo told her, “we'll look for the pendant tonight.”

“Alright, let's do that. Jisoo baby put your shoes and jacket now, we're leaving really soon.”

 

The boy nodded and left just enough time for his parents to gather the ID papers and mobile phones. It took them one hour to reach Seoul Incheon airport because of the traffic jam and then, they had to look for the terminal from which Howon was going to arrive. In the over-crowded airport, they stayed right to each other in order not to get lost (well especially Jonah since Myungsoo knew the place by heart because of the amount of time he was spending in here) and Myungsoo kept his son into his arms.

 

Howon finally arrived one long hour later. He was walking slowly with one hand dug into the pocket of his jacket and the other dragging his heavy suitcase. Jonah smiled when he finally appeared in front of her and she hugged him tightly. They hadn't seen each other for one year now because the young man hadn't been able to left Japan because of his job (he was a dancer into an entertaining company) and Jonah hadn't had time to go to Japan. However, Myungsoo and Howon had been able to see a few times in Japan while Myungsoo was on his business trips.

 

“Whoa!” Howon finally let go of his younger sister and did one step back to look at her, “you've changed a lot.”

“I did, right?” she smiled.

“Yes, you're more beautiful than ever.”

 

She laughed and playfully punched his shoulder. He pretended to be hurt and then ruffled her hair.

 

“Hey you!” the young uncle finally looked at his nephew, “you're all grown up too!”

“Yeah, soon I'll be taller then you!” Jisoo smiled.

“I'm sure you'll be.”

 

Because Myungsoo couldn't shake hands with is brother-in-law because of Jisoo occupying his arms and hands, he just bowed his head and smiled politely.

 

“Let's go now,” Jonah linked her arm with her brother and pushed him toward the exit.

 

One hour later, hour during which one Jisoo and Howon, both sitting at the back of the car didn't stop talking about cartoons, they arrived home.

 

“Oppa, you'll be sleeping into our guest room,” Jonah told his brother, “I've already prepared it.”

“Good,” Howon smiled.

“You can go and unpack your luggage while Myungsoo and I take care of the food, you must be really hungry.”

“I am, indeed.”

 

She smiled even more than she was actually smiling and watched her son dragged his uncle to the spare room of the flat he was going to stay during his journey in Korea. She didn't even have to tell Myungsoo to come and help her that he directing started putting the table and then he helped her to cook the very last dishes. Howon came back a few moments later and he just had to sit around the table, next to his Jisoo who insisted to eat next to his uncle. His parents didn't have any choice but to sit next to each other.

 

Howon was two years older than his sister. Just like her, he was rather short but contrary to her, he had a lean and muscular body, because he was a dancer and a good one. He also had a very big smile his sister was jealous of and he had beautiful brown eyes, just like her. There were no doubts they were brothers and sisters. Even their personalities were the same: whenever they were doing something they were devoted and could even be easily stubborn about something, which was often considered as being a flaw by the relatives.

 

They ate while chatting and laughing, Jisoo always making sure he was asking a lot of questions to his uncle to know if he was still remembering it 'since it's been a long time since you haven't see me' the young boy was himself saying. Howon comforted him and said he remembered him very well and that he even had presents in his suitcase for him. Obviously, from the moment Jisoo knew this, he forced his uncle to eat really quickly so that they could leave for him to give him hi presents. Once they were done, Howon and Jisoo left while Jonah and Myungsoo did the dishes: she was cleaning and he was drying and cleaning the table.

 

“It's been a long time since I've seen you smiled like this,” Myungsoo told his wife while looking away to prevent her gaze, “it's good. I like your smile.”

“What are you talking about?” she shook her head, “I smile a lot.”

“Not when you're with me.”

“It's because you don't give me reasons to smile anymore.”

“What?” he frowned.

“You used to make stupid puns and to do stupid things when we were younger, now you don't do that anymore. You're too serious and too stiff, you're not funny at all.”

 

He didn't answer, sightly offended but he didn't start to shout and didn't complain: he simply listened to her like a real adult and just like Mr. Kim had told him to do.

 

“I really liked smiling Soo,” she said with a sad and nostalgic smile.

“Mom! Dad!” Jisoo came back to the kitchen, “look what uncle Hoya bought me!”

“Oh! Uncle is really nice, no?” Jonah smiled while looking at the different DVD his son had into his tiny hands, “I hope you gave him a big hug!”

“I did!” the little boy smiled and Howon nodded behind him to confirm his sister that her son had indeed thanked him.

 

Since Jisoo refused to leave his uncle alone for a single second, they had to shower together and then they brushed their teeth at the same time. Howon also had to lay next to Jisoo into the boy's little bed and had to pretend to fall asleep too because Jisoo wanted to sleep with his uncle. Once he was finally asleep, Howon left the room and joined his sister and his brother-in-law in their living room.

 

“Well, he is quite vigorous!” Howon sighed, happy to finally be able to rest a bit, “the last time I saw him he wasn't able to say his name correctly and now, look at him! He has really grown up a lot!”

“For sure he has,” Jonah chuckled.

“He is really cute though, he looks a lot like you Myungsoo.”

“He does, right?” Myungsoo smiled nicely.

“And so, now, you two, how are you doing?”

“Oppa...” Jonah shook her head.

“What? When we're on the phone you tell me everything and now that I'm here and that we're talking like adults you want to run away? You shouldn't be doing that, Jo.”

“I guess you already know we are seeing a marriage counselor,” Myungsoo told him and Howon nodded, “we try to follow some of his advice and we try to find solutions for... well, you know...”

“And do you think it's useful?”

“I think, yes.”

“And you, Jo? Do you find it useful?”

“Yes... somehow it's useful... yet I still feel like it's a waste of money.”

 

Howon tsked at her sister's behavior. He knew the situation between his sister and her husband was complicated and he knew about the marriage guidance thing, yet, he also knew it made Jonah confused and she hated to be confused.

 

“I hope one day you'll find a solution.”

“I hope too,” Myungsoo shyly nodded his head.

 


Hello :)

Here's the other chapter and Howon finally entered this story (and he is going to stay for a long time, just saying)

I hope you liked this chapter, if so please leave a comment (you can also ask me questions if you want)

and please forgive all the mistakes I did.

Thank you to all of you who subscribed !

Thx

xx

Mae