Chapter seventeen

I love you (more)

 “It's been quite a long time since we last saw each other, right?” Kim Sunggyu joined his hands under his chin and looked at Jonah, “it's been what...? Three months? Four months?”

“Four months,” she nodded.

“And how are you doing? A lot happened to you, you must have some things to tell me about.”

“Kim Myungsoo and I... we're not together anymore,” she admitted with a fake smile, trying to look not to sad in front of the counselor.

“Are you divorced?”

“Not yet. I mean... we both signed the paper but you know, we still have to send it to our respective lawyers before seeing a judge, except that I haven't sent my papers and apparently he hasn't too since I haven't received anything yet.”

“Do you think it means something?”

“What?” she frowned.

“Do you think it means that he doesn't really want to divorce, and that you don't want it too?”

“Well I... I was the one who wanted to divorce,” she laughed nervously, “I should just be happy he accepted it.”

“But are you happy about it?” the counselor raised a brow.

 

She gulped and shrugged.

 

“I guess you don't live together anymore.”

“My brother brought a house here and I live in since he went back to Japan.”

“What about your son?”

“We share the custody. From the moment I left the house I explained him the situation and I think he has understood it pretty well. He doesn't complain.”

“Do you spend a lot of time with him when it's your turn to have him?”

“In a matter of facts I do. I drive him to kindergarten every mornings and I come to pick him up too. On Wednesdays I don't work, my boss gives me a spare Wednesday every two weeks so that I can be with Jisoo.”

“And what do you do when it's only the two of you?” Sunggyu smiled.

“Well, it depends. When the weather doesn't allow us to go outside we stay home and play games or we go to the movie. But when it's sunny outside we go to the park.”

“It's a good thing then, if you can have more time with your son.”

“It is, I like that.”

“Have you... have you dated other men? Have you had dates?”

“No, not at all, I don't think I'm ready for this. For now my priorities are my son and my job when Jisoo isn't with me.”

“Have you ever talked with Myungsoo?”

“Not at all. We haven't seen each other either and I feel like it's better this way.”

“Why?”

“I don't want to see him.”

“Are you scared you would fall for him another time or feel like you would ask him to not divorce?”

“No,” she frowned, “it's not that. He accepted the divorce anyway, I must just bear with it.”

“But you know you just have to go back to him if you want to, I'm sure he'll gladly accept you.”

“He is probably doing better now that I'm not part of his life anymore. His parents must be happy too.”

“And your family? What did they tell about your upcoming divorce?”

“My father just told me that if it was I really wanted and that it would make me happy, then I should just do it. My brother really advised me to think about it twice before doing something I would regret and my mother was devastated. Not for me or Kim Myungsoo, but just for Jisoo. She's scared he is going to be traumatized about it.”

“And do you understand her point of view?”

“I do,” she nodded, “I totally do. It hadn't been easy for me when my parents divorced because I had to chose between my father and my mother. No matter which solution I was choosing I was going to abandon one of them. I felt and still feel really guilty about it though it was my decision to leave Japan with my mother.”

“And you know... have you thought about what I said the last time? You going to Japan if it's what you wanted?”

“I've thought about it, in fact.”

“And...?”

“I don't want Jisoo to do the sale choice that I had to do... I don't want him to chose between his father and his mother... he is young and needs both of us.”

“So you're ready to sacrifice your own happiness?”

“My son is my happiness. He... he is the only thing that holds Myungsoo and I together.”

 

*

 

“Myungsoo,” Sunggyu smiled and greeted the younger man, “I'm glad to see you. It's been a long time.”

“Four months, I think,” Myungsoo nodded and sat in front of him.

“That's right, four months. I was surprised when you called me, I wasn't expecting to hear any news from you. I guess you have things to tell me, right?”

“Jonah and me... it's over.”

“Oh? Really? What happened?”

“We had a date and it didn't end well and we ended up arguing. Jo went back home to pick up her stuff and she left. At first we somehow agreed to do a 'break' but... I wanted her to be free from me and happy so I signed the divorce paper.”

“So you are divorced.”

“Well, not yet. I... I signed it but I didn't send anything to my lawyer yet, and I guess she didn't do it too since I haven't receive anything.”

“Do you think it's because she doesn't want to divorce?”

“She is the one who asked for it first.”

“Yes, but she may have changed her mind now that you're not together anymore. She may want you to be together again.”

“I want her to come back,” Myungsoo admitted, “I... I'm just coming back home everyday hopping she will be here and back for good. I keep looking at my phone to see if she is calling or texting me. I'm just... yeah, I just want my wife back.”

“Yet you aren't wearing your wedding ring.”

“O-oh,” Myungsoo laughed nervously, “you've remarked.”

“What did you do?”

“I just sent her back the day I sent her the divorce paper.”

“That's really cruel,” Sunggyu didn't even try to lie, “Jonah must think you are really done with your relation and that you don't want her to come back.”

“Are you sure? My best friend told me to do this... I thought it would be a good idea.”

“It's definitely not.”

 

Myungsoo sighed and ran a hand though his hair.

 

“Jonah always told me Sungyeol's advices were the worst...”

“Have you... have you tried to call for her?”

“No.”

“Have you spoken to her since you broke up?”

“No, not even once.”

“So how do you take care of your son? It mustn't be easy for him.”

 

Truth to be told, Sunggyu already knew the answer since he had met Jonah two days earlier, but he didn't tell Myungsoo just to listen to his own version.

 

“We share the custody. One week at our... I mean my house, and the other at Jonah's. She moved into her brother's house.”

“And what do you do when it's only Jisoo and you?”

“I work less during my week so that I can spend more time with him. We go out and we play together a lot. And I drive him to the kindergarten every mornings and go pick him up too. Sometimes, I still have urgent meetings to go to, so I ask my best friend or brother to take care of him. I think... I think that our separation didn't really bother him. I think that it hasn't changed a lot of things for him anyway.”

“Well, that's a good thing. A break up is usually hard for the parents but harder for the kids.”

“Jisoo knows we love him very much even though we aren't together, he doesn't have to worry about it.”

“Yet who knows what's going on into a child's mind?” Sunggyu raised a brow.

 

Myungsoo shrugged and sighed.

 

“So... your parents, what did they say when you told them about your upcoming divorce?”

“My mother said it was only a good riddance and that I was going to find someone really worth it,” he wrinkled his nose, “she still hasn't understood Jonah is the only one I love but what can I do? My father didn't say anything and my brother who had never said anything about my wedding told me I was going to regret it so it would be better if I could think about it twice before making stupid choices. And he also said he loved Jonah too much and wouldn't accept any other girls I could possibly have later.”

“You have a nice and caring brother I see.”

“He is nice but only when he wants it.”

 

Sunggyu chuckled and looked at the notes he had in front of him and which were actually the notes he had taken from Jonah's previous session with him.

 

“Have you... have you dated other women ever since you've broken up?”

“I did,” he painfully nodded, “I did but not because I wanted to find someone else to start a new relation or something like that. I did because I needed someone to make me forget about her.”

“And did you forget about her?”

“Not at all, it's impossible. I've spent six years of my life married to her, how could I forget?”

“Then how are you going to forget?” Sunggyu asked, “you can't spend the rest of your life alone waiting for your ex-wife to come back.”

“I... I don't know. I feel like no matter what, I'll always been in love with her. I feel like I won't ever be able to find love.”

“But you certainly will, you're still young and probably blinded by your first love but maybe one day your love for Jonah will fade and you'll let her go.”

“But I don't want to let her go... I want her to be with me, I want her to come back,” Myungsoo gulped.

“So if she was going to leave Korea to live in Japan, what would you do?”

“What do you mean? Do you perhaps know something that I don't?” the younger man frowned.

“No I'm just asking,” Sunggyu feigned to be clueless, “after all, she grew up in Japan, she might want to go back here now that she doesn't have anything left to prevent her from going.”

“She won't.”

“How so?”

“Jisoo is still here, she won't ever leave him alone.”

“He would still be with you though.”

“I won't let her leave him. I will refuse it.”

“Why?”

“Jisoo is the only one that holds her to me... I won't ever let her leave Japan if it means leaving Jisoo, because it would mean she would also let me.”

 


Dialogues and even more dialogues and always more dialogues... well, I've warned you a couple chapters ago anyway, I just hope it doesn't bother you too much and I hope you liked this chapter as usual !

Thank you for your comments :)

Thx

xx

Mae

(Oh, I'm really into Got7 lately -and more precisely into JB- do you perhaps know any good fanfics about them? ^^)