Chapter twelve

I love you (more)

 “She slapped me! Do you realized it?!” Myungsoo pointed an accusative finger at Jonah who shook her head and folded her arms over her chest, “she slapped me because I kissed her!”

“Why did you do that, Jonah?” Mr. Kim couldn't hide his smile, visibly amused by the situation.

“I-I don't know! It just that I was surprised, I didn't expect him to do that so my first reaction was to slap him. I'm sorry,” she looked at her husband, “I didn't want to do that.”

“I hope you realize what this slap means to me, Jo,” Myungsoo sent her a deadly glare, “I'm your husband, we are married, we shared so much things together and it was just a simple kiss, just our lips touching, and you slapped me! I'm so mad and offended right now!”

“But I'm sorry!” she ran a hand through her hair, “I'm really sorry!”

“Myungsoo, you also know it was a mistake, you know she was surprised, obviously she didn't mean to slap you. You know that, right?” the counselor chuckled.

“I know! I know but... but she slapped me just because I kissed her!”

 

They remained silent for a while during which Myungsoo calmed down a bit after Mr. Kim offered him a glass of water. Jonah, on her chair, stayed still and silent since she didn't want to make him madder than he already was.

 

“When... when was the last time you had kissed? Without counting yesterday's kiss.”

 

Jonah titled her head, thinking about the answer while Myungsoo frowned.

 

“Can I have an answer?” Kim Sunggyu laughed nervously.

“A long time,” Jonah finally admitted, “the last time we kissed was a long time ago.”

“One month?” they both sightly nodded, “three months?” Myungsoo cleared his throat and looked away, “six months?”

“Approximately eleven months,” Jonah

“Even a bit more,” Myungsoo completed her answer.

“And... when was the last time you've been intimate?”

“Intimate in which way?” Myungsoo dumbly asked, “because-”

“When was the last time we had , duh,” Jonah sighed because of her husband's stupidity.

“Y-yes, that's indeed my question,” Kim Sunggyu nodded.

“Well, can't you guess?” Jonah blushed.

“It's been a long time... probably too long in my opinion,” Myungsoo sighed.

“But you know,” the only woman of the room sat straight on the seat, “I ask for the divorce anyway, it means that I'm not supposed to show him I love him and so we're not-”

“I'm sorry to interrupt you, Jonah, but you've just said you were not supposed to show him you love him. So it means that you love him, right?”

“W-what?” she suddenly frowned.

“That's what you've said, I'm only interpreting your words. If I'm wrong, tell me.”

“No that's not, well... that is what I've said, yes, but it's not... you know what, it doesn't matter. He didn't have to kiss me.”

“Alright, alright,” Sunggyu chuckled, “I was just messing with your words. I'm sorry.”

 

He wrote a few things and then looked up at them. He looked back and forth at the husband and wife, and then crossed his hands.

 

“Myungsoo, is there something you like to do with Jonah right now?”

“What do you mean?”

“If I tell you to choose one activity you like to do with her right after leaving this office, what would it be?”

“I... I don't know, why would I even think of that...?”

“Alright, Jonah, same question.”

“I don't know... maybe... maybe a date. I mean, I want to divorce and everything, but the aim of this therapy is to find solutions for us not to divorce, right?” Sunggyu nodded, though he was not sure he was clearly understanding her, “so maybe I'd like him to take me on a date like we used to have when we were younger, to try if he can still seduce me like he used to.”

“That's actually a good idea,” the counselor acknowledged, “it's even a very good idea! I'm very proud to hear you, Jonah, saying a thing like this! Myungsoo, you've heard her, right. What do you think of that?”

“Well, we can have a date, if it what she wants. I'm just scared she is going to slap me if I just look at her,” he snorted.

“Myungsoo...” she sighed and rolled her eyes.

“So a date? Alright, I want you to have a date. But just the two of you, no children, no friends, no phone and no jobs. Just the two of you. Can you do that?” they both nodded, “then please do so and we'll see each other in two weeks to let you enough to get ready both physically and mentally and then we'll talk about how it went. Do you agree?” they once again nodded, “perfect.”

 

*

 

“Your counselor wants you to have a date?” Sungjong frowned and stuffed his piece of pizza into his mouth and Jonah nodded, since she also had too much food into to actually speak, “and you agreed?”

“Well,” she shrugged, “I'm the one who talked about a date first, Mr. Kim just asked Myungsoo if it was alright and since he agreed, well, we're going on a date.”

“When?”

“Don't know,” she grabbed her bottle of beer and swallowed half of it in one go before grimacing and shivering, “ouch... it's cold. First of all he is leaving for Japan tomorrow and he is only coming back on the next Wednesday. So we'll only have one week left to have our date.”

“I'm sure you ain't going to have fun... I know you too well, you're going to hate it.”

“If he takes me to a good place and behaves like a gentleman, you know I won't be able to resist him.”

“You're too weak,” Sungjong tsked.

“My husband is hot, I'm must admit it. I mean... the other day he was half into the house and I must say he is still looking good.”

“Girl... you married one of the most handsome man I've ever since into my short life. Your husband is such a freaking eye candy and-” he stopped talking when he saw she was glaring at him.

 

She shook her head and concentrated on her pizza once again.

 

“I think we both need to get laid like... really soon,” Sungjong sighed.

“What the are you talking about?” Jonah chuckled, “I'm fine.”

“No Jo you're not, I can see it in your eyes. You need to have .”

“No I don't, you however...”

“What are you talking about?” Howon said when entering the living room (he was out in town with “someone” as he himself said, “someone you don't know”, and had just came back).

“Jo needs to get laid.”

“Hey! Shut up!” she punched her best friend into the shoulder.

“I agree,” Howon jumped on the sofa and settled between the two friends. He took one of the bottles of beer and easily opened it.

“Yah! You shut up too!”

“Don't 'Yah' me Kim Jonah,” Howon glared at her.

“Then stop saying bulls!”

“It's only the truth though...” Sungjong stated.

“No it's not! And even if it was, I'm supposed to be mad at Myungsoo, I asked for the divorce, remember?”

“Then ask your hot boss.”

“No way,” she shook her head.

“Why not?”

“Well I.. I...” she didn't answer since she didn't know what to say and Howon and Sungjong simply laughed.

 

Her older brother ruffled her hair and then, they just stared at the TV when the movie started.

 

*

 

You're going to have a date with Jonah,” Sungyeol stated, “well... that's a surprise.”

“I know right?” Myungsoo laughed nervously, “she is the one who submitted the idea, that's why I was really surprised too.”

Do you think it means something? Do you think she wants to have a date because she doesn't want to divorce anymore?

“I think this date is my last chance and it will determine the future of wedding life.”

Oh... so you don't have to fail.

 

Myungsoo nodded and told Sungyeol to wait when Yoon Sunmi entered his office, a big smile plastered on her face and a few files into her hands. She gently put them in front of him and bowed her head.

 

“You can go home,” he told her, “it's already late.”

“I can stay if you still have some things you want me to do,” she looked down and sightly blushed.

“No just leave, I'll see you on tomorrow.”

“Alright,” she smiled though she looked a bit disappointed, “see you on tomorrow, Mr. Kim.”

“See you.”

 

He waited for her to leave and brought back his phone to his ear.

 

Who was that?” Sungyeol asked, “the girl you're cheating on Jonah with?

“Yah, don't say such things. You know I would never cheat on her.”

I can't believe you're still with her... after all these years and after all the hardships you've been through, you're still with her and you don't want to divorce. Man, you're too stubborn for your own good!

“I... I love her, I mean even after all these years I still love her and I don't want to loose her either. I need to have Jonah in my life.”

You shouldn't have married her this young, you should have waited.

“You can't understand, Sungyeol, you've been single forever!”

I least I have contrary to a certain someone.

“Sungyeol...” Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

Anyway, just take her to a fancy restaurant, wear a nice tuxedo and show her how good you are.

“But... what if I fail? What if I do or say something she doesn't like?”

Dude...” Sungyeol sighed, “as usual you're going to be perfect, the real question if what if she decides to act like a bit-

“She won't, she's the one who wants this date, remember?”

Alright, If you say so. I must hang up now, let's talk later right?

“Yes, see you.”

 

Myungsoo waited for his best friend to hang up and he sighed and threw his head back. He blankly stared at the ceiling of his office for a while and then turned around to look at Seoul's perfect and beautiful skyline. It was already really late in the night so the moon was shining and the million lights of the city were like starts in the sky. Myungsoo lay his head against the back of his big black chair and unlocked his phone to look at the background picture.

It was the picture they had taken during their family meal. Jisoo was happily grinning, looking as cute as ever, and his proud father couldn't help smiling every times he was looking at his background. His son was his everything. But he was also on this picture, in the background, kissing Jonah's cheek while she had her eyes wide open because of the surprise.

He smiled fondly and stood up, deciding it was time to go home to see not only Jisoo but also Jonah and not only on a picture but in real life. They were his family, and they were more important than work.

 


OMG I struggled so much to put the two images on top, there were supposed to be three but damn it... it was just too hard >.<

But otherwise here's the 12 chapter, I hope you liked it and if you did, please leave me a comment :)

Thank you to all of the subscribers 

Thx

xx

Mae