Chapter nineteen

I love you (more)

 “I want him to come back,” Jonah whined, “why doesn't he want to come back to me, huh?”

“Jo,” Sungjong rolled his eyes, “you're drunk, you should stop drinking.”

“I'm not drunk! Not at all! I don't even like alcohol how could I be drunk?” she chuckled and slapped him harder then expected, “I'm not drunk at all!”

 

He shook his head and tried to look for a solution. He knew that if he was letting her drink more, they would both ended up having troubles in some ways and he didn't want to be bothered by a drunk and broken-hearted girl. Yet, when he tried to grad her soju bottle, she sent him a deadly glare and emptied the thing in one swallow.

 

“There,” she handed him the empty bottle, “take it since you really want it!”

“Jonah...”

“Why did he stop calling me?” she sighed loudly and lay her head on the table, “why did he accept the divorce? Does that mean he doesn't love me anymore? Does he someone else already? Is it even possible to just throw away six years of wedding in only a few months?”

 

Sungjong sighed and he leaned against the back of his chair with his arms folded over his chest as he listened to her asking stupid questions.

 

“Why have I even asked for the divorce anyway?” she closed her eyes and pouted, “I love him, I love him very much but I don't feel like getting married anymore. Do you think it would be possible for me to date my ex-husband? Do you think you would like the idea? I mean Myungsoo right, not another man,” she giggled and then yawned, “I could show off to my friends and say 'hey look guys, this is my ex-husband but we're now dating', it would be really funny.”

“I'm your only friend,” Sungjong said after he ordered a bottle of plain water.

“I know right? I don't even have friends... I have nobody since I've married Myungsoo... I'm all alone... I had friends in Japan but now I don't anymore. It was better in Japan anyway...”

 

Sungjong filled her glass and forced her to drink which she did but not without complaining.

 

“Hey, Jjong,” she titled her head and stared at him with her glassy drunk eyes, “should I... should I just go and live in Japan again? Would I be happier if I wasn't living around Myungsoo anymore?”

“Jonah... we should go home,” he smiled at the waitress while paying the bill and stood up, let's go.”

“No please I don't want to go... I don't have nowhere to go anymore...”

“You have a house.”

“It's my brother's.”

“And you still have a home.”

“But Myungsoo... Myungsoo lives there, and he doesn't want me anymore.”

 

He helped her to stand up and prevented her from falling several times on their way to her house. Since they both had drunk a bit, he didn't risk their lives by driving so they just had to walk which was complicated for the extremely drunk Jonah. It took them an hour to arrive their since they couldn't even find the keys which happened to be stuck in one of Jonah's jacket's pocket.

 

She collapsed on the sofa and kept talking about Myungsoo and Myungsoo only.

 

“I don't even remember why I wanted to divorce at the first place...”

“Just because you're stupid,” he said as he pulled off her shoes and jacket.

“I am, right?” she laughed out loud but it quickly changed into cries, “I am so stupid...”

 

Sungjong left her to take a quick shower just for not smelling too much like alcohol but when he came back in the living room, Jonah wasn't there anymore. He quickly ran half- into the whole house calling for her though he mostly insulted her and when he called for her, her phone buzzed on the sofa. He sighed and cursed at her.

 

*

 

“I'm coming!” Myungsoo shouted and ran a hand though his messy hair, “I'm coming!”

 

He opened the door and sighed.

 

“ it's three am for God's sake what-”

 

He didn't even open his eyes and didn't have enough time to end his sentence that he was pushed violently against the closest wall, someone reeking of alcohol kissing him violently. He pushed his person away so that she was the one against the wall with him taking the control of the situation. When he finally found back his mind and saw Jonah panting heavily, he frowned.

 

“What the are you doing here?” he said, “Jo do you think it's time to-”

 

She grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought his lips back to hers. He wanted to just step back but she was strangely stronger than he seemed to be.

 

“Just kiss me,” she whispered, “kiss me before I leave for real.”

“What are you even talking about?” he shook his head, “you're drunk, Jo, you're not even in your right state of mind.”

“I love you so much,” she brought his body even closer to hers, “I love you so, so much Kim Myungsoo.”

“Hey...” he definitely pushed her away and did a few steps back, moving to the living room now, “don't say that. You don't love me anymore.”

“I still do.”

“You were the one who wanted to divorce.”

“Doesn't mean I don't love you anymore.”

 

She stumbled and nearly fell but he was quicker and managed to grab her before her head hit the wall.

 

“How did you even get here?” he helped her to sit on the sofa, “you didn't take the car right?” she shook her head, “then how?”

“I walked with my legs...”

“Well you weren't going to walk on your hands,” he snorted.

 

She burst out in laughter and even slap him except that something which was supposed to be gentle ended up painful.

 

“You're so funny, Kim Myungsoo, you are so funny!”

 

He didn't want to laugh or smile, because she was drunk, but somehow, she looked like a lost child and this was really cute and adorable, except from the awful strong smell of alcohol. But she quickly stopped laughing and looked at him with a broke gaze.

 

“Myungsoo...?”

“Hum?”

“Do you even love me anymore?”

“Jo...” he rolled his eyes.

“You don't, right? Well,” she sighed loudly, “that's too bad for me... I played with fire and lost... I'll be going home now.”

“No no no!” he prevented her from standing up, “you stay here for the night. You're too drunk to go outside all by yourself! I don't even know how you managed to come here.”

“I don't even know myself...”

 

She lay on the sofa where she had spent so many nights and sighed.

 

“Hey... Soo... do you like it when she kisses you?”

“W-what are you talking about?”

“Your new girlfriend,” she closed her eyes, “the one who wears the lipstick you had on your shirt? Do you like it?”

“Just go and sleep already.”

“Answer me.”

“Jonah.”

“Answer me.”

 

She opened her eyes again and looked at him. Since he didn't answer, she grabbed his hand and stood up in front of him, looking straight at his eyes.

 

“Does it feel different to kiss someone else when you've only known me?”

“I... I don't know.”

“Myungsoo...”

“Hum?”

“Does it hurt?”

“What?”

“Your heart, your body, your mind... your whole, your everything... does it hurt? Because , for me, it hurts like hell... I only feel good now that I'm with you.”

“It hurts,” he admitted, “obviously it hurts. You left me, Jo. I loved you so much and yet you left me.”

“So you don't love me anymore, right?”

“I still love you, don't worry.”

“But the others girls-”

“They... they are mistakes, just hobbies... you're mine.”

“Yours, huh? I like that.”

 

Her legs gave up and she collapsed against him which made her laugh once again.

 

“And what if I was yours for a night? What if I was yours forever once again?”

“What?” he raised a brow.

“Don't you want it? Don't you want me?”

“Jo please...”

“Come on... Soo...”

 

She leaned down to kiss him but he turned his head so that she ended up kissing his cheek. She smiled all against his skin and cupped his face with one hand while she was playing with the hem of his shirt with the other. He gulped down, knowing it was bad, but when she actually kissed him, he didn't step back.

 

“Come back to me,” she mumbled against his burning lips, “I beg you, Soo... come back to me.”

 

And at that moment, he lost it.

 


One last chapter left ! Tell me how you feel about this chapter and about the whole story so far !

Thx

xx 

Mae