Chapter twenty

I love you (more)

 “So... it's been six months already,” Kim Sunggyu looked at his notes and then looked at the couple in front of him, “and... and you're still not divorced.”

“We are going to divorce,” Myungsoo admitted, “we both sent the papers to our lawyers and we are waiting to see the judge for our divorce to be pronounce.”

“But-”

“But we're going to stay together, as a simple couple.”

“Why?” the counselor frowned, obviously a bit lost since the last time he had seen them, they were clearly about to separate, “I mean it's a good thing if you're staying together, that was somehow the aim of the guidance, but don't you stay married in this case?”

“I... I don't want to be married,” Jonah said this time, “I don't want it anymore. I feel too pressured about getting married and being a good wife. I don't want this anymore. I just want to say he is my boyfriend and not my husband. We got married too young and now we just need to enjoy our freedom.”

“Do you think you could get married again later in the future?”

“No,” the both said at the same time.

“Alright...” Mr. Kim nodded, “alright. Did you say it to your families? What did they say?”

“My parents said that if it's what I want, then I should do it to be happier.”

“And my parents kept nagging and insulting her,” Myungsoo sighed, “though this time I told them I didn't care about their opinions and was going to do what was best for my couple.”

“You did great,” the counselor smiled, “you did very great.”

“I did what I should have always done.”

 

He took Jonah's hand into his and she smiled.

 

“We take things slow though,” Jonah said, “we talk a lot not to do the same mistakes as we did previously and manly not to get mad at each other. It's not easy to listen to what he reproaches me, but I know that it's for our couple's sake so I try to change in a better way.”

“So what have you changed?”

“I work less. I mean... I don't work at night anymore and don't work on the week-end either. We spend these days together with Jisoo.”

“And we also go more often on dates, just the two of us,” Myungsoo added.

“Yeah that's right.”

“But... it's not like formal dates in a fancy restaurant or something like that, it's more like hanging in the streets and eating chicken while drinking beer. It sounds less romantic but we're more casual this way.”

“I feel like... like we both need to act like two young adults in love, you know what I mean?” Jonah titled her head and Sunggyu nodded, “we've always acted as an old and tired couple but now we need to be more free and more relax. We're young and even though we've been married for quite a long time now, we need to be a bit reckless and careless sometimes, just to enjoy our time together.”

“That's right,” Sunggyu smiled, “that's exactly what you need to do to find yourselves back and to think of your future.”

“For now we are going to live like this for a while and we'll see where it will take us,” Myungsoo smiled and looked at Jonah who also smiled at him.

 

When he saw their little exchange, Sunggyu knew he was finally done with these two.

 

*

 

“Oh oppa,” Jonah smiled when her older brother answered her called, “how are you?”

Fine thank you and you?

“I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine.”

Why are you calling me? I'm kind of busy right now.

“Well,” she bit on her lower lip and looked at Dongwoo who was busy working on his computer at the opposite of her, “I won't be able to come and pick you up at the airport on tomorrow, so it's Dongwoo sunbae who is coming.”

D-dongwoo? Oh, alright,” Howon laughed nervously which made her smile even more. He was her brother, he couldn't hide anything from her.

“I hope you don't mind.”

I don't, don't worry. It'll be alright.

“Then I'm hanging up right now, see you later oppa.”

Yeah see ya.

 

She hung up, quite proud of herself and walked toward her desk, sitting in front of Dongwoo.

 

“Sunbae.”

“Hum?” He looked up.

“Howon oppa is coming to Korea on tomorrow but I won't be able to go and pick him up at the airport, could you perhaps... you know?” she innocently smiled.

“Howon? Oh, you want me to go at the airport.”

“Only if you want to! Otherwise he'll take a taxis and-”

“No no no,” he smiled and sightly blushed, “I don't mind at all. It'll be my pleasure to see him. Wait, no, I-I mean I'll be pleased to do you a favor. Yep, that's what I mean,” he laughed nervously.

“Thank you so much, sunbae.”

 

She smiled, very proud of herself and happy both for her sunbae and brother.

 

*

 

It was Myungsoo who asked Jonah if she wanted to invite Sungjong, Sungyeol but also Howon and Dongwoo to a meal on Sunday. After all, none of them were working so he thought it would be a good idea. She cooked simple dishes and even grilled beef meat with the help of Jisoo who was excited to have so many guests at his home. With his father, he put the table and even opened the door when they arrived.

 

She ate while laughing and chatting, Sungyeol and Jonah teasing each other whenever they could. She didn't know if Howon had remarked, but she had seen how Dongwoo had his arm put around her brother's broad shoulders and how he didn't even seem to mind at all. They were also laughing a lot and especially talking to each other, so much that Sungjong (who knew Jonah's plan which was to find a way for the two to date) had ended up telling them to just leave and have a date if they wanted. They had both blushed, even Howon who had next been very uneasy for the rest of the meal and who had scolded his sister once Dongwoo had left. Yet, later in the evening, Howon had left and she knew where he had been since she saw him hanging with her colleague in a bar while she was on a late walk with her boyfriend, his best friend, her best friend and son.

 

They stopped at some play ground and while Myungsoo and Sungjong were busy playing on the swing, Sungyeol sat next to Jonah on a cold bench.

 

“Hey, Jonah,” she was surprised he actually talked to her, “you know I don't really like you but... I must admit Myungsoo is happy whenever he is with you. Even though you had hard times and he had hard times too, now that you're back together, please don't even think about leaving him again. I don't like to see him being unhappy.”

“I... I wasn't planing on leaving him anyway,” she rolled her eyes.

“Then don't ever do, otherwise you'll have have to deal with me.”

 

She chuckled but she couldn't take him seriously but before she could answer, he quickly hugged her (and stepped back immediately).

 

“Thank you for being back to Myungsoo,” he told her with a very serious ton, “I'm... I'm not joking or anything, I'm telling you the truth and what I really think. Just... thank you for being in his life again.”

 

She smiled.

 

*

 

“Mr. Nam I've got your files and also-”

“Jonah,” Woohyun sighed, “I've already told you to only call me Woohyun, and not Mr. Nam.”

“Alright Woohyun,” she rolled her eyes and smiled, “here's your files and I've also printed the profiles of your potential new secretary.”

“Have you made sure you printed the good ones? I've changed some of them at the last minutes and-”

“I've checked with the HR,” she politely smiled.

“Well done.”

 

She handed him all the powers and he quickly looked at it.

 

“I still can't get over the fact that you're leaving... I really like working with you...”

“Yah...” she blushed, “I wasn't even that good since I had no diplomas nor qualifications...”

“But your determination made you better than the others.”

 

She bowed her head and smiled politely to thank him. After all, she had good times working with him. Woohyun was really a nice and perfect boss. But he had only been her boss.

 

“I really hope you'll be happy in Japan and that you won't be struggling too much.”

“Well,” she simply shrugged, “I've spent most of my life there so I will be find.”

“And... you know... if one day you're coming back here, you'll always be welcome to be my secretary.”

“Thank you very much, Woohyun.”

 

*

 

“Soo...?”

“Hum?”

“Do you think you'll be happy in Japan?”

“Obviously I'll be, why wouldn't I?”

“Don't know... maybe because you won't be close to your family or... or-”

“I'll be with my family, I'll be with you.”

 

He smiled and leaned forward to peck her lips.

 

“Hey Soo?”

“What?”

“Do you think we'll be alright?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, we'll start again in a foreign country so... so it might be complicated, especially for you since I've grew up there.”

“Jo...”

 

He closed his book and threw it on the floor. He brought her closer so that she was resting against his torso.

 

“Stop worrying, alright? We'll be fine and happy. We'll be together with Jisoo who is really excited about going to Japan and there, we won't be divorcees. We'll be an ordinary couple, two young lovers with their perfect and cute son going to Japan to live and we'll start over again. We won't have our past following us anymore.”

“Do you really think so?”

“No, I don't think so. I'm sure.”

 

He leaned forward to kiss her.

 

“We'll be alright, Jonah.”

 


So, here's the last chapter ! It's the end. 

So now, don't hesitate to share your final thoughts and all youv thought about this story: if you think there had been something missing, if you were expecting something more or whatever, just tell me :)

Thank you to all of you who subscribed, upvoted and commented ! It really meant a lot to me so thank you very much !

And thank you for accepting all the mistakes I did, for that I'm still sorry

Thx a lot :)

xx

Mae