Chapter eleven

I love you (more)

Jonah was busy cooking in the kitchen when Myungsoo suddenly went out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist and hair dripping wet to pick up a call. She wanted to complain since there was water on his way but half- Myungsoo really took her aback.

 

Indeed, since they were mad at each other (well, more like she was mad at him), they weren't intimate anymore and the last time she had seen him at least bare-chested was months ago and probably a year ago. When they met, Myungsoo was doing a lot of sports so he was muscular and strong and over the years, he started doing less sports yet he kept his really fit shape. She just didn't expect him to still have his six-pack, his strong round arms and the 'v' shape he had on his hips. She started wondering when he had enough time to work out.

 

Myungsoo had always been handsome. Since high school, he had changed a lot in a very positive way but his handsome, soft features were still there. He just had to smile or to wink at a girl to make her fall in love with him. The proof was that he had just smiled at Jonah when they first met and it was love at first sight for her (and for him too, according to what he was claiming). But over the year, the beauty of his smile faded for her and she didn't pay attention to it anymore. He also had a charismatic look. Even though he had small eyes, they were always sparkling and whenever he was doing funny faces, his eyes were growing bigger and it was quite funny. At first, Jonah had loved to watch him do that. But now, she wasn't even looking at him anymore. The reasons why she had fallen in love with him in the first place were all gone.

 

He wasn't the same clumsy and awkward teen he was with her at the beginning of their relation. He wasn't doing stupid puns or jokes like he used to do and wasn't the same y and seducer he used to be. To her eyes, Myungsoo was just an absent man and with a faded smile.

 

Yet, at the exact moment, he was wearing nothing but a white towel, his chest, back and legs were completely exposed, his muscles were popping a lot since he was tensed and he was sightly frowning and biting his lower lips. He was extremely attractive and completely at the mercy of her eyes and she liked it. Was she liking it because she was somehow feeling a bit frustrated from the lack of physical contact she had with him (or a man in general) during the past year? Probably. But she simply couldn't deny that seeing him like this was a real turn on.

 

When he looked up at her, she cleared and shook her head, concentrating on her cooking once again. He left the room after a while and came back again, wearing clothes this time.

 

“When are Howon and Jisoo coming back?” he asked her.

“Don't know, oppa told me they were going to eat somewhere anyway.”

“Oh? Really?” he frowned, “so it's just the two of us?”

 

She blinked a few times, realizing for the first time that indeed, it was just the two of us, and she nodded.

 

“Then do you want to go to the restaurant?” he stepped in front of the counter and looked at her, “or... or we can stay here and order something if you want to.”

“Let's just order something,” she mumbled and didn't even dare to look at him, “I don't want to go out today.”

“Chinese?”

“Pizza?”

“You had pizza last Wednesday with Sungjong.”

“Then Italian?”

“You're going to order a pizza...” he chuckled a bit.

“Alright, Japanese? I really want to eat those things with melted cheese wrap around beef, you know?”

“Japanese, I like it.”

 

He called for the restaurant while she ended up cooking the meat and noodles they would eat for the diner, when Jisoo and Howon would be back (since Howon wanted his sister and brother-in-law to have a day just for themselves, he took his nephew to the nearest amusement park and during the afternoon, they were going to the cinema).

 

Their order arrived twenty minutes later, so they sat in the sofa and ate while watching stupid reality TV shows. Since she didn't know what to say, she expected him to talk first, but he was just staring straight at the TV or was answering text messages on his phone. So when Sungjong called for her, she thanked some God and answered.

 

“Hello,” she smiled even though he couldn't see her.

Hey, what are you doing?

“Nothing much, eating Japanese food with Myungsoo and watching TV And you?”

Wait... you are eating with Myungsoo hyung?

“Yeah,” she nodded, “oppa took Jisoo to the amusement park so it's just us at home.”

 

Myungsoo turned his head and looked at her when he understood she was talking about him.

 

And you're eating Japanese food? Tsk, I'm stuck at the office and I didn't even had time to

eat. You hope you'll grow fat!

“Do you want to eat pizza? I wanted pizza but Myungsoo didn't want to. Just come home tonight.”

“No,” Myungsoo cut her, “tonight we're eating with Jisoo and Howon.”

“We can eat together another day,” she frowned, “I really want to eat pizza right now.”

Pizza with a lot of cheese and ham,” Sungjong sighed, already thinking about the mouth-watering dish he loved so much.

“Well you two can also eat pizza another day,” her husband rolled his eyes.

“But I'm craving for pizza right now!”

“You're not pregnant, right? Then your cravings can wait!”

“Well I could be pregnant if I had with a certain someone!” she shouted.

 

And then she realized what she had just said and she blushed. Sungjong over the phone laughed so she quickly hang up before he could say anything. She avoided Myungsoo's eyes and ate silently while staring at the TV screen. Myungsoo didn't even try to hide his smile and kept glancing at her from the corner of his eyes.

 

*

 

Later in the evening, after their meal, Howon decided to meet friends in town and Jisoo went to bed since the little boy was exhausted after his long but exciting day. “I had so much fun mom! I wish uncle Hoya was bringing me to the amusement park everyday!” he had told Jonah.

 

After a phone call with Woohyun who needed information about a meeting he had the next day, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face but when she opened the door, she faced Myungsoo, standing completely in the middle of the room. She automatically closed her eyes and cursed out loud.

 

“Can you just... wear clothes for God's sake?!”

“Why? I have the right to get if I want to.”

“There are other people in this house.”

 

She quickly opened one eye but since he wasn't getting dressed, she kept them closed.

 

“Yes, there are, but you weren't supposed to enter the bathroom.”

“Then you should have locked the door like you usually do!”

 

She was about to leave when he called for her.

 

“What do you want?”

“I'm putting my clothes on, just do whatever you want to do.”

 

She frowned and entered the room, making sure she wasn't seeing him. She even brushed her teeth while looking at the sink since she didn't want to look at the mirror and see him still . Once he was fully dressed, he stopped next to her and brushed his teeth too.

 

“Hey... Jo,” he asked her, “can we sleep together tonight?”

 

She spat all the water she had in on the mirror and chocked. When she was finally able to breath correctly again, she punched him hard into the shoulder.

 

“I nearly died because of you!”

“It's not my fault! You shouldn't have been surprised!”

“You asked me if we could sleep together!”

“I'm your husband! I wasn't even supposed to ask!”

 

She opened to answer, but no word came out. He was right. Even though she didn't want to admit it, Myungsoo was right. They were married and had shared the same bed for years now, yet, he had to ask her if they could sleep, just sleep, together in the same bed.

 

“I don't want to sleep with you,” she mumbled.

“B-but why?”

“Because now I'm mad at you. Good night.”

 

She grumbled and went out of the room. Myungsoo followed her and even when she entered the bedroom, he followed her.

 

“I told you I don't want to sleep with you.”

“I don't want to sleep on the sofa, my back hurts.”

“You're the man, you must let me sleep in the bed. Go now. I'm tired and I don't want to fight with you.”

“Then what are you doing now?”

“Go away!”

“No!”

 

She grabbed his arms and pushed him toward the door but he was stronger then her and didn't even move.

 

“Kim Myungsoo I swear if you don't move I'll-”

 

He pushed her and she fell on the bed, Myungsoo falling on top of her. She was about to complain as usual but instead, he prevented her from talking by kissing her. But not on the cheek, no: his lips were sealed with hers.

 

When he pulled back, she slapped him.