Chapter five

I love you (more)

 “So, it's been a week now, what's up?” Kim Sunggyu asked the couple in front of him, “huh?”

“Nothing much...” Myungsoo sighed and ran a hand thought his light brown hair.

“Did you talk about what we've said last time?”

“Not at all.”

“Why?”

“We didn't have enough time for this,” Jonah answered this time.

“Really?”

“Well, actually, I tried to talk with her,” Myungsoo didn't look at her but he could feel her glaring at him, “but every times I tried to approach her she ran away.”

“I ran away?!” she scoffed, really offended, “I ran away?! Me?! You're kidding!”

“On Wednesday I tried to come and speak to you while you were watching a movie but as soon as I opened my mouth, you said you were tired and went to bed!”

“Who's the one who had to left me like an idiot in the middle of a conversation about Jisoo because his boss was calling for him?!”

“It was my boss!” Myungsoo shouted back at her, his fists curling around the handles of the armchair.

“It's your father! You could have just tell him to call you back another time!!”

“But it was important!”

“More important than Jisoo??”

“Hum, excuse me,” Kim Sunggyu cleared his throat to catch their attention, “can you please... not shout at each other like this? You're here to listen one another and to talk about your problems calmly, like adults.”

 

Myungsoo shook his head and Jonah folded her arms over her chest, glaring not only at her husband but also at the counselor.

 

“So... I guess this is how all of your conversations end, am I wrong?”

“No,” Myungsoo mumbled.

“You must really stop this, this is only going to ruin you more. Talking is about listening and understanding each other. You're married, guys, talking is primordial in your relation. So, Myungsoo, please tell me what you did this week, what were all your intentions you had toward your wife and Jonah, just listen to him, even if you don't agree.”

“Well,” Myungsoo crossed his legs, “just like I've said, on Wednesday, she was watching a movie. Because I wasn't working, I sat next to her and I said 'hey, about our appointment with the marriage counselor' and she cut me and left.”

“What did you do then?”

“I followed her to her bedroom and I sat on the bed, but she asked me to go out. She said she didn't want to see me.”

“Forgive me but... you said her bedroom. Don't you share a bedroom?” Kim Sunggyu frowned.

“Well, yes, it's our bedroom but we don't sleep together.”

“Why?”

“Because-” Myungsoo stopped and looked at his wife, who was waiting for his answer, “just because. I don't really know, it's just that.... we don't sleep together.”

“Not at all?”

“At all,” Myungsoo sighed.

“How do you explain this, Jonah?”

“Our schedules are too different. Because of his business trips, he often goes home really early in the morning, when I woke up.”

“But when he is at home, you can sleep together, right?”

“When he is at home, I'm not. I work a lot too and spend a lot of times at the office.”

“You work at night?” she nodded, “well, your boss might like you a lot, it seems like you are a very devoted secretary.”

“I am.”

“And... can't you try to work a bit less?”

“Why should I be the one doing this? Why not him?”

 

Sunggyu frowned, taken aback by her answer. Then he chuckled, thinking about how hard it was going to work and to help a couple like them: Myungsoo was clearly too absorb by the amount of work his father was giving him and Jonah was doing her best to avoid her husband. Yes, in only a single session, he had understood quite a lot about them.

 

“Myungsoo, what do you think about your wife staying at work during the night? After all, she's just a secretary.”

“I don't like it.”

“Why?”

“Just like you've said, she's just a secretary. She's just supposed to give her boss his papers and to remind him of his appointment. Sometimes she has reports to do, but she could do it at home too.”

“Who's her boss?”

“Nam Woohyun. He's a self-made-man and owns the company which is my father's rival.”

“How old is he?”

“25,” Jonah answered.

“Oh, I get it. Myungsoo, are you perhaps jealous of her boss?”

 

The young man frowned and froze on his chair. Sunggyu watched his reaction and smiled.

 

“W-what do you mean?” he blushed.

“Well, Jonah's boss his young, he owns his company so I guess he's rich and famous. And his company can possibly be a bother for your father's. He has everything to make you jealous.”

“But... no, I'm not jealous,” he laughed nervously, “it's not that!”

“He even has Jonah's attention and time she could spend with you.”

“I said it's not that!”

“Then what it is?”

 

Myungsoo mumbled a few words which made Sunggyu laughed a bit.

 

“Just try to think about it a bit, Myungsoo, and the next time, you'll tell me about how you feel about your wife's work and relation's with her boss.”

“But-”

“No, the next time.” Myungsoo sighed loudly, defeated. “So, Jonah, since I've just gave a mission to Myungsoo, I'm going to give you one too. During this week, I want you to listen to him. I don't want you to answer or anything, but when he'll come to talk to you, listen to him. Don't run away, alright?”

“Alright,” she vaguely answered.

“Good, then I'll see you next week.”

 

*

 

“Hum... Excuse me,” Myungsoo smiled nicely at the receptionist, “Can you tell me where I can find Mrs. Kim Jonah?”

“Mrs. Kim is busy right now.”

“I'm her husband, I really need to see her.”

 

The receptionist couldn't resist his handsome smile and let him go to the last floor of the huge building. He took the elevator and once he finally arrived, he walked toward his wife's office. Since she was Nam Woohyun's personal secretary and almost personal assistant, she had the advantage of having her own office. He was about to knock but the door opened and he faced Jang Dongwoo.

 

“Oh! Myungsoo! What are you doing here? It's a surprise for sure! Do you want to see Woohyun?”

“No I-I came for Jonah.”

“She's on a meeting right now.”

“Really? Well... I'll just wait, I guess.”

“Alright, you can wait for her in her office, I'll tell her you're here.”

“Thank you.”

 

Myungsoo entered Jonah's office. It wasn't a big room but was clearly big enough for her to work. The huge desk was occupying most of the space and it was covered by files and papers she needed to take a look at. On the wall, there were also a couple of pictures of Jisoo during the years, the most recent one dating from his fourth birthday which was only a few months ago. Also, the most interesting thing according to him, was the big wall made of tainted glass. He could see everything going on in the corridor without being seen. Myungsoo smiled and sat on her chair and started playing a game on his phone while waiting for her.

 

However, ten minutes later, the doors of the elevator opened and Myungsoo saw Jonah, but also Nam Woohyun coming out of it. They were talking and laughing, Woohyun being way too close to his wife for Myungsoo's liking. They stopped just in front of the door, just where he could see them and actually faced each other. Myungsoo could feel his anger quickly building up into his chest. He was Jonah's husband, she had chosen him to be by her sides and yet, he hadn't seen her smile in ages. But there she was, smiling and even laughing playfully with her flirty perfect and handsome boss. It made Myungsoo go crazy and really mad.

 

And when Woohyun actually bended a bit forward to push a strand of hair which had fallen on Jonah's face, Myungsoo went out, the door banging against the wall. He glared at Woohyun who was just smirking, not even surprised to see him, contrary to Jonah who was sightly blushing.

 

“Myungsoo,” she titled her head, “what are you doing here?”

 

Woohyun actually said something and disappeared in his own office. Jonah pushed her husband into her office and locked the door behind them.

 

“What are you doing here?!”

“I'm jealous,” he whispered, “I'm jealous of Woohyun.”

 


Sorry I couldn't update on Monday so here's the chapter :)