Chapter seven

I love you (more)

 “So he is your son?” Kim Sunggyu smiled while looking at the photography, “he is really cute. He looks a lot like you, Myungsoo.”

“He does, indeed,” the proud father answered.

“And so, did you have a good time? How was it to eat together? Jonah?”

“It was fine.”

“Just fine?”

“Jisoo talked with him but we didn't actually talked together.”

“Why?”

“Because,” she frowned and crossed her legs.

“And you, Myungsoo, what did you think about this?”

“I had fun and I felt... happy to be with my family. I didn't have my phone with me and for a short while, I forgot about my job. I liked that.”

“Good, that's very good. Now it would be even better if you could have meals like that once a week, and then the final goal is obviously for you to take all of your meals together whenever you are together, of course. And it would be even better if you could actually talk during this times.”

“We'll try,” Myungsoo nodded.

 

Kim Sunggyu smiled and looked at his notes for a while.

 

“Alright, there was something I wanted to talk about today. Myungsoo you are really to close to your family,” the young man nodded, “what are exactly your relations?”

“Well, I work with my father so I see him everyday, and my mother often comes home whenever I'm here to see us. When she can't come, she calls for us and always buys presents for Jisoo.”

“And what about your younger brother?”

“He sometimes texts me when he needs something and I sometimes go and pick him after school.”

“And what else?”

“That's all...”

“Jonah, what else can you tell me about his family?”

“His parents paid for our wedding even though they were mad at him for marrying me. His mother had chosen my dress. They prevented me from going to the university after our wedding. We called our son Jisoo because it was the name of his grand-father and because his father wanted us to call his only grand-son like this. They own our house and pay for the bills. His father hates me and whenever he can, he insulted me and put me down. His mother used to check my timetable and bawled me out several times when I was coming home after 10 p.m.. For a few months after we moved in in the penthouse, she would always got mad at me and said I was a bad mother and wife and that I didn't deserve her son. As you can tell, they are quite conservatives and they are really annoying.”

“Jonah...” Myungsoo sent her a deadly glare.

“But they loved their precious little son very much, I can't tell the contrary.”

“Oh that's... well,” the counselor cleared his throat, feeling suddenly uneasy after listening to her version, “I can tell you and your in-laws have a very complicated relationship.”

“We have.”

“Myungsoo, did you know about this?”

“No I-”

“Liar!” Jonah reacted as soon as he opened his mouth and turned to him, “you're lying! You know! You know everything! I've told you about it a hundred times!”

“Jonah,” Sunggyu sighed.

“He was always there when his mother was looking down on me and was insulting me! He was always avoiding my eyes whenever she was doing it and he didn't dare to take my defense! He wasn't even stopping her!”

“Myungsoo, is that real?”

 

The young man looked down and blushed, embarrassed before he nodded.

 

“One time she even slapped me because I came back home too late for her liking and Myungsoo didn't even try to prevent her from doing so, he watched his mother slapping me before she forced me to kneel down in front of her to apologize. Do you know how bad and insulting this was?! After that I spent three days crying and he didn't even try to comfort me or to apologize on behalf of his mother!”

 

A tear ran down her cheek and she didn't even try to hide it. Myungsoo was looking away, his fists curled into tight ball as he probably tried not to get mad at her. Sunggyu simply gave her a tissue and waited for her to relax a bit before talking again.

 

“Myungsoo,” he caught the young man's attention, “is Jonah telling the truth?”

“Yes,” he admitted.

“Why didn't you try to stop her mother whenever she was being mean to your wife?”

“I... I can't do that. She's my mother.”

“But Jonah is your wife. While marrying her you promised to take care of her in any situations.”

“But my mother is my family.”

“And Jonah isn't?”

“She's my wife.”

“Isn't that the same? She became your family when you married her.”

“My mother is always going to be my priority, alright?!” Myungsoo snapped his fist against the counselor's desk, “I won't ever contradict my parents! I owe them everything and everything that I've got today is because I had them!!”

 

Jonah picked up her bag and left the room, ignoring Sunggyu begging her to stay.

 

“Do... do you realized what you've just said?” the counselor asked Myungsoo.

“I'm sorry I-” Myungsoo cut himself and stood straight on his chair, “I didn't mean this... well, I meant it, but Jonah is also very important to me but in another way. For me, my parents and my brother are my family, and Jonah is my other family. The love I feel for them is different. Do you understand?”

“I do,” Sunggyu nodded and smiled at the young man who had tears in his eyes, “I perfectly understand, but Jonah didn't. So now go and run after her to apologize and to explain her what you've just said to me.”

“But... she won't listen to me.”

“Then force her to do so. After all, she still has to listen to you without running away: it's the mission I've given her.”

 

Myungsoo nodded, thanked the counselor and left, running out to stop his wife.

 

*

 

“Hello? Sungjong?” Myungsoo answered his phone.

Yeah, hyung, I've got a question. Do you mind explaining me why Jonah just arrived at my home crying and saying you were the worst man on Earth?

“So she's at your place, keep her there. I'm coming.”

Hyung, I don't think-

“Just do what I say,” he quickly hang up.

 

It took him twenty minutes to arrive at Sungjong's flat. He didn't waste any second and took the stairs instead of the elevator and once he finally reached the tenth floor, he knocked like a mad man on the door until Sungjong finally opened him. He pushed the younger man out of his way and rushed to the living room where Jonah was, sitting on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate while watching TV. She wasn't crying but her eyes and cheeks were still red.

 

“Jonah,” he grabbed wrist but she snapped it away, “follow me.”

“Leave me alone.”

“Come with me, right now.”

“Jjong, can you ask him to go away please? I don't want to waste my energy one him.”

“Jonah I-”

 

He grabbed her wrist once again, and he forced her to stand up. Because of his strength, she did stand up, but she didn't exactly react the way he expected it. The mug she was holding flew somewhere in the room and broke into little pieces, the hot beverage spilling on the ground much to Sungjong's despair. Husband and wife stood in frond of each other, staring straight at the other and when Myungsoo took her hand in his, she stepped back and slapped him hard, the sound of her hand slapping his face even made Sungjong shivered. Myungsoo brought his hand on his red burning cheek.

 

“Don't ever tell me what to do, Kim Myungsoo. You don't have the right to do that.”

“Jonah I-”

“Go away, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Not without you and-”

“Go away!!” she shouted.

“No you listen to me Kim Jonah!!” he shouted back at her, “the counselor told you to listen to me without running away so now you shut up and you listen to me!!”

 

Sungjong moved around Myungsoo and sat on the sofa to be next to Jonah.

 

“You're my wife, Jonah,” he said, “I've chosen you because I love you and I still love you, that's why I don't want to divorce you. And we won't divorce.”

“We-”

“Listen to me! I'm the one speaking! You're my wife, you're my family and no! Don't say anything!” he cut her before she could actually talked, “My parents and my brother are the family, and you are my other family. I grew up with my parents and they gave me everything, I just can't turn against them and got mad at them. I know my mother wasn't the nicest with you, but I can't say anything to her because I respect her too much. And also, I didn't chose my parents. Yet, you're the person I've chosen to create a family. With Jisoo, you're my family. Without you, nothing would exist and I would be nothing. I know I said a horrible thing earlier, but what you said about my mother made me mad. Yet, I know I shouldn't have said what I said, I'm sorry, Kim Jonah. I'm really sorry! Alright?! I love you and you're my family!”

 

All of them stayed silent for a while. Myungsoo and Jonah stared at each other, looking for something to say and Sungjong looked back and forth at them, expecting the coming moves.

 

“I'm sorry, Jo,” he did one step closer.

“You're an idiot, Kim Myungsoo,” she sobbed, “you're really an idiot.”

“I know,” he took her in his arms and hugged her tightly, “I know.”

 

Jonah started crying and hid her face into his neck. Myungsoo kissed her cheek and than whispered a few words to sooth her and for her to stop crying. Sungjong just looked at them with tears in eyes and a fond smile.

 

“Let's go home, alright?”

 

She nodded and swept away the tears still running down her cheeks. While she was walking toward the door where she had left her jacket, Myungsoo leaned forward Sungjong to tell him a few words.

 

“I'll call you later.”

“Take care of her, hyung.”

“I will,” Myungsoo patted his shoulder before following his wife, a genuine smile on his lips.  

 


This is quite an angsty chapter, but this won't be the last one. Sorry for all the people who don't like it

I hope that you liked this chapter and also the story, please feel free to leave a comment to tell me your opinion so that it would help me a bit to see what I should change or add into this story 

Thank you to all of you who subscribed :) 

Thx

xx

Mae