Chapter thirteen

I love you (more)

 “I don't want to go,” Jonah sighed.

“You have no choice,” Sungjong, who was driving her to the place Myungsoo should be waiting for her, chuckled, “it's too late now.”

“But what if it goes wrong? What if once again I'm not good enough for him?”

“Jo... you're perfect.”

“I... I don't think I can make it anymore, I should just call him and tell him to go back home.”

“You can't always run away, you know?” Sungjong moved away his right hand of the wheel to grab hers, his thumb slowly caressing the back of her hand, “I know you're scared but hey, you're going to be perfect and your charming prince will treat you like a princess and you'll have the date every girls dreams of.”

 

She weakly nodded but kept panicking inside. When they arrived in front of the restaurant her husband had chosen, which was actually the one where he had proposed to her officially, she went out of the car and walked to the other side to meet Sungjong. He kissed her forehead and checked her hairstyle and make-up.

 

Since it was a special night, Jonah had pulled out her most beautiful dress, shoes and jewels she had but which had been hidden in her messy house. With Sungjong's help, she ended up wearing a knee-lengthened dress made out of a beautiful metallic strappy burgundy colored fabric. It had a thin but detailed black belt to take in at the waist. It also had a V neckline cut at the front which showed not more than what Myungsoo needed to see, and since it was sleeveless, her arms and shoulders were visible. She didn't really like it but Sungjong had told her it was really y. The dress was also embracing her curves perfectly though it wasn't totally skin-tight. With this, she was wearing her favorite black high stilettos from a really famous French brand, a long light pink and extra-large coat, and she had a thin black choker around her neck with a white pearl on it with diamonds earrings. And obviously she was also wearing her wedding ring.

With this, Sungjong had insisted for her to get her hair done by a hairstylist which resulted with her having her hair perfectly tied in a neat and tight bun on top of her head. With mascara and eyeliner on her eyes and lashes, pink on her cheeks and red on her lips, Jonah was as beautiful as ever and Sungjong felt really proud to have a best friend as beautiful and gorgeous as her.

 

“Just go now,” he said, “he is waiting for you.”

 

She nodded and gathered her strength to walk toward the restaurant. The doorman opened the door and she stepped into the luxurious and huge hall of the four-star restaurant Myungsoo had chosen. Jonah loved this place, but she didn't really like the fact that the staff knew who she was since Mr. and Mrs. Kim were important clients here. The receptionist greeted her with her biggest and fakest smile.

 

“Your husband is already waiting for you, Mrs. Kim. Please follow me.”

 

Jonah nodded and gulped nervously as she followed the young lady until the table where she would met Myungsoo, and once she would be here, she wouldn't be able to run away. She just had to face him. When she finally saw him, sitting alone at a table, she really tried to smile.

 

“O-oh,” he stood up and weirdly smiled when she stopped next to him, “you're here.”

 

The young lady helped Jonah to get rid of her jacket and then she sat in front of her husband.

 

“Do you perhaps want to drink something?” a waiter asked them and Myungsoo ordered a bottle of red wine since they both loved it.

“Did... did you have a nice day?” he asked her since they hadn't seen or talked to each other ever since he had left for work early in the morning.

“I did,” she admitted while looking at the menu she had in her hands.

“Oh... that's good.”

 

She looked up to see him nodding frantically while biting on his lower lips. He seemed to be as nervous as she was except that she was expressing her anxiety by being cold and keeping a perfect straight face.

 

“You... you are really gorgeous tonight,” he said, “I-I mean... yes, you're really stunning.”

“You're not bad yourself,” she vaguely answered. He was wearing a simple tailored navy suit with a white shirt under and his hair were neatly styled. He looked good but not completely different from when he was going to work. Somehow, she felt disappointed about it.

“Thank you... I guess?” he frowned.

 

She gulped and kept looking at the menu to look for what she wanted to eat but since she had a lump into and she felt nauseous, she didn't feel like eating at all.

 

“You took care of Jisoo, right?” he asked.

“Obviously I did, duh,” she rolled her eyes, “I wasn't going to let him stay alone at home.”

“Right, I know, but that's not what I mean, who is he with? That was my question.”

“Oh, that. Oppa was supposed to take care of him but he is busy doing I don't know why, so Dongwoo sunbae accepted to stay with him until oppa comes back home.”

“That's really nice of him.”

“He is a nice man anyway.”

“He is, you're right.”

 

They didn't say a word for the ten following minutes. They only spoke when a waiter came to ask if they had chosen or not. While waiting for their first plate to arrive, they looked at the people busy eating and laughing out loud around them and looked at the decoration of the big hall.

 

“It feels weird to be here, don't you think?” Jonah asked.

“It does, indeed,” he nervously scratched the back of his neck.

“Weird or wrong?”

“What do you mean?” he raised a brow.

“I personally think that it feels weird, but don't you find that it also feels wrong?”

“N-No I like to be here with you, it reminds me of the good old times.”

“Really?” Myungsoo nodded, “alright.”

 

Silence.

 

“You don't seem so happy about it,” he cleared his throat, “you don't want to be here, do you? You wish you didn't come.”

“No, I'm fine.”

“Jo...” Myungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes, “I know you. You don't have to lie or to try to be too happy about it. If you want to leave, then go, I won't hold you back. But if you leave, don't tell that I didn't try or invest myself into this date because-”

“I know you did your very best,” she cut him, “but it doesn't feel right.”

“Why?!” he raised his voice a bit yet he wasn't being too loud, after all, they were in a luxurious restaurant, “why that?!”

“I'm not sure it's what I wanted when I meant a date...”

“Then what were expecting?! Tell me!! If you don't tell me anything how do you expect me to seduce you again?! How can I know what you want?!”

“You're supposed to know,” she said coldly with knitted brows, looking for something to say since she didn't want to be left speechless, “we're married, after all.”

“But we don't talk anymore!” he slammed his hand on the table and when most of the people around them looked at them, he blushed and apologized, “we don't talk anymore!” he repeated but with a hushed voice. “You told me you wanted to have a date and that's all, you didn't even tell me what kind of date you wanted. How was I supposed to guess?!”

“I wanted you to surprise me! And look where we are?! It's not surprising at all! How could I be seduced or charmed by this?!”

“Then again I couldn't know!!”

 

She was about to answer but Myungsoo's phone which was one the table since the beginning rang. When she saw “Dad” written on the screen, she sighed and emptied her glass of wine in one go.

 

“Answer,” she said.

“Jo...”

“Just answer, I don't want you to get scold by your dad because of me.”

 

He cursed under his breath, stood up and went to the bathroom.

When he came back five minutes later, Jonah wasn't there. He sighed and went to the hall where the receptionist called for him.

 

“Mr. Kim,” she smiled, “Mrs. Kim just left, she told me to tell you that you didn't have to look for her.”

“T-thank you,” Myungsoo's heart started to fasten into his chest and he left the restaurant after he paid for their quick meal.

 

He did a few steps outside to see if he could see her since he guessed she couldn't have ran away too far because of her stilettos, but the street was crowned and it was hard for him to see. Yet he did chose a direction and while walking, he called for her.

 

“Aish Jonah...” he cursed, “answer me please. Jonah...”

 

He stopped somewhere he didn't know, looking around to look for directions but mainly for his wife. Once again, she had ran away.

 

*

 

“Yeah Yeah I'm coming and- Oh! Jo!” Sungjong frowned when he opened the door of his flat, “what are you doing here? And what about you're date?!”

“I've ruined everything,” she mumbled, tears ruining her make-up, “I've ruined everything, he hates me.”

 

Sungjong didn't even have enough time to answer that she collapsed in his arms, hugging him tightly and hiding her face into his neck. He sighed and rubbed her back to comfort her.

 

“He hates me,” she sobbed, “he hates me.”

 

*

 

Oh yeah Myungsoo I thought-

“Sungyeol I've ruined everything,” he started crying and didn't even pay attention to the people around him looking at him, “I've ed up. Jonah and me... it's probably over...”

What? Myung! What are you talking about?!

“She left and I don't know where she is... she hates me... we're going to divorce and-”

Tell me where you are, I'll come pick you up.”

“But I don't need you!!” the young man cried out loud, “I need Jonah!!”

 


so there it is! The infamous date !

Yasinta91 I saw your comment but since I didn't want to say too much I didn't answer to let you discover it by yourself ;)

Don't forget to leave me a comment to tell me what you thought about it !

And big thx to all the subsribers! Thank you so much for following this -crapy- story 

Thx :)

xx

Mae