Chapter eighteen

I love you (more)

 “Jisoo baby just go to bed already,” his mother ran a hand through her hair and sighed, “I'm tired you know? I'd also like to go to bed.”

“Then just go,” the little boy didn't look at her, “but I'm not tired.”

“You may not be but you have to listen to me! I'm your mother! If I say you go to bed you go!”

“I don't want to!”

 

He pouted and folded his arms over his tiny chest. Jonah cursed in her head and decided it was time for her to act since he wasn't listening to her. She walked up to the TV and turned it off. Jisoo whined and threw the pillow next to her, missing his target by only a few centimeters.

 

“Kim Jisoo!” she shouted, “it's ten already! Go to bed right now!”

“I don't want to!” he stood up on the sofa.

“Kim Jisoo I swear I'm going to get really mad if you keep-”

“I don't want to go to bed without daddy! I want to see him!”

“Hey!” Jonah put her hands on her hips, “you've been here for three nights now and you've handle it very well! You only have four nights without him! It's not too long!”

“But I miss him very much!”

“Your dad is at his home! You know where he is so you don't have to worry about him!”

“But I want to see him! I don't want to go to bed without him! I want my dad!”

 

The little boy started crying and Jo only rolled her eyes. She walked toward him and took him in her arms to drag him to his bedroom. She let him on the bed but he fought and tried to run away so she had to hold him.

 

“You even sleep in uncle Hoya's bedroom, what else do you need?”

“Daddy! I want my dad!”

“You stay here and you go to bed!” she shouted.

“No I want my dad!”

“KIM JISOO!” she shouted, going really crazy.

 

He cried even louder and started rolling on the bed. She gave up, left the room and closed the door (she didn't lock it though) to go to the bathroom. She wanted to have a warm shower to relax so that she would go to bed and would have a perfect and restful night, but Jisoo's cries were unbearable for the upset mother. He kept calling for his dad and kicked the door for at least twenty minutes before he went out and stole his mom's phone. Jonah reacted a bit too late and before she could stop him, he had already locked himself into his bedroom and had found his father's number into her repertory.

 

“Daddy!” she heard him though the door, “please come here! I want to see you! I don't want to go to bed without you please save me!” he sobbed even louder, “yes! Mom is mean with me! She doesn't want me to see you! Yes please come here and save me! Daddy please!”

 

Jonah cursed against him and begged him to open the door except that he didn't even answer him. She ended taking her shower and took medicines to calm her nerves and mind. Except that a few minutes later, she felt light-headed and her vision became blurry. She shouted at Jisoo as much as she could and she also ended crying, feeling sad and useless. Her son opened the door a few minutes later and she just had enough time to kiss him and to tell him she was sorry and loved him a lot that she out.

 

*

 

“Jisoo!” Myungsoo knocked on the door, “Jisoo please open the door! Jonah! I'm here!”

 

Jisoo opened the door barely a few seconds later and Myungsoo felt his heart go crazy when he was his little boy crying.

 

“M-mom!” he sobbed, “Mom she is dead!!”

 

Myungsoo frowned and entered the house, Jisoo following him closely. He found Jonah lying unconscious on the ground, looking lifeless. He knelt next to her and shook her gently but she didn't move at all. He slapped her cheeks and called for her, speaking both Korean and Japanese in case it was just that she wasn't understanding him, but since she wasn't answering or even awakening at all, he started panicking for real.

 

Next to him, Jisoo was also crying and was telling that it was his fault if his mom wasn't moving anymore.

 

“Jo! Jonah please! Kim Jonah open your eyes for God's sake!”

 

He pinched her cheeks and her eyes fluttered open. He let out a nervous laugh and quickly lifted her head so it was resting on his lapse. He didn't even hesitate and kissed her on the lips, breathing in and out loudly to calm down. Next to her, Jisoo jumped on her legs and begged for her to apologize him.

 

“W-what happened?” she weakly asked.

“You don't remember?”

 

She shook her head and tried to stand up but he prevented her from doing so and only brought her closer to him so that she was lying against his torso with her head resting on his shoulder.

 

“I'm going to take you to the hospital,” he said, “don't worry.”

“No I'm fine it's just... Jisoo he was... c-crying and I was mad at him but I-I... I don't remember...”

 

She closed her eyes again and he felt her tensed-up body relaxing. He asked Jisoo to gather his mom's stuff and to follow him. He settled Jonah at the back of the car and put Jisoo at the front, making sure his belt was very-well fastened. Even though he was driving, he called for Sungyeol, hopping his dumb best friend was going to answer which he fortunately did after three rings.

 

“Myung I hope you have a good reason because-”

“I'm taking Jonah at the hospital, she fainted earlier.”

“What? But how did you find about her? Were you together?”

“Long story, I'm going to bring Jisoo over, just take care of him for the night.”

“What?! Right now?! But-”

“I'll be there in five minutes.”

 

He indeed arrived five minutes later at his best friend's place and left but not he had make sure Jisoo knew his mother was fine but just a bit tired. He also let him his mom's phone so that he could called for him whenever he wanted to.

 

Once he reached the hospital, he took Jonah bridal-style and took her to the ER, asking for a doctor to take care of her. Surprisingly but fortunately, the doctor who was also his family's official doctor was working tonight and as soon as he stopped the young Kim, he came toward him and took care of Jonah.

 

“It's just a lack of sleep and nutriments,” Dr. Lee patted his shoulder, “she's doing fine, she just needs to sleep.”

“Thank you doctor, thank you very much.”

 

He just checked the IV one last time and left. Myungsoo who was also feeling exhausting and drained from energies simply sat next to Jonah's bed and looked at her sleeping face. She was pale and had dark bags under her eyes, and perhaps her cheeks were hollowed a bit, Myungsoo couldn't really tell. What he could say however, is that she was still looking as beautiful as always.

 

They hadn't seen each other for months now and hadn't talk to each other too for this same amount of time, and now they were meeting again and were reunited though he would have liked to see her at any other place than a hospital. He dared to take her hand into his since she wasn't conscious and rubbed her soft skin with his thumb.

 

“Long time no see,” he weakly smiled, “I see you're not doing very well right. Have you... have you told someone about it? You probably haven't, right? You were thinking that you could handle everything by your own as usual... but duh, look where you are right now.”

 

He sighed and shook his head. With his free hand he pushed a few strands of hair away from her face.

 

“You... you should have someone by your side. You need to have someone, you just can't deal with everything only by yourself. I... I should be the one by your sides if you still wanted me.”

 

He laughed nervously and bit on his lower lip.

 

“You know... I'm sorry I signed the divorce papers,” he sighed, “I shouldn't have done that and more, I shouldn't have gave you back my wedding ring. I feel... I feel so empty without it. Every times I look at my finger to see it's not there anymore, I feel really guilty and sad for you. You must have suffered a lot when you received it, right? I mean... if you still love me of course, you must have suffered.”

 

Silence.

 

“Hey Jo... I saw Sunggyu last week and he told me something which really struck me. He... he asked me what if you were going to leave Korea to Japan? What if you were going there? I was really scared when he told me that, because I imagined you leaving both Jisoo and me here while you would build a new life in Japan but... selfishly I don't want you to have a new life, I don't want you to start again if it is not with me. I-I want you back, I want my wife back.”

 

Because Jonah stirred and opened her eyes, he stopped and closely watched, suddenly fearing that she had possibly been listening to him. She yawned and looked at her surroundings to look where she was and then looked at her right hand where the catheter was, linked with the IV slowly dripping into the white tube. She rubbed her eyes and than locked eyes with him. He froze and didn't even dare to blink, scared she would look away.

 

For a long while, they only stared at each other, forgetting where they were, what was surrounding them and who. It was just them, Myungsoo and Jonah who used to be madly in love and who shared so many things in their short lives.

 

When Jonah raised his hand toward his face, he finally blinked but didn't move or pushed her away. When she grabbed the collar of his white shirt, he stiffened, expecting the upcoming move. Except that she didn't move, but she spoke instead.

 

“You have lipstick stains on your shirt.”

 

Myungsoo mentally slapped himself.