Chapter sixteen

I love you (more)

 “A break?” Dongwoo raised his head and looked at her, “for real?”

“Hum,” she nodded but kept looking at her computer's screen since she was working hard on a report she wanted to give Woohyun before he came at the office to work in only a few hours.

“Myungsoo and you are on a break? Whoa... that's unbelievable!”

“Why? You know we weren't getting along very well lately, we tried the marriage guidance thing and it didn't work.”

“So now you aren't together anymore.”

“We still are,” she raised her left hand and showed him her wedding ring, “it's still here, but we just don't live together anymore and we take some spare time from each other.”

“But... and Jisoo? How is the poor boy doing?”

“Well,” she simply shrugged, “I explained him the situation and told him that even though mom and dad weren't living together anymore didn't mean that he wasn't going to see us and that he was going to live for a week for his dad and another with me. It doesn't seem to hate since he spends most of his time with Howon oppa.”

“O-oh Howon,” Dongwoo looked away, “you live with him now.”

“I do.”

 

He kept nodding for a while and then left the office. He came back ten minutes later with two cups of black burning coffee in his hands.

 

“Here,” he put her cup next to her, “drink this.”

“Thank you sunbae.”

 

He sat back on his chair and waited a while before talking again.

 

“Jonah... do you and Myungsoo still talk a bit?”

“No, not at all. Why?”

“Than how did you decide to do this break?”

“We used oppa to deliver our messages. I know this is kinda weird but... I don't have the courage to face him.”

“Oh... alright.”

 

Silence.

 

“And you?” she looked at him with a big smile, “have you finally found someone else?”

“A-ah this,” he laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck.

“Yah! Tell me! I tell you everything! You're being unfair sunbae!”

“It's... it's complicated. Let's say it's complicated.”

“Oh! So you do have someone! What's his name? How old he is? Where does he work?”

“He... he doesn't live here but in a foreign country.”

“Really? Then how did you meet him?” Jonah asked, really curious.

“He is there on holidays.”

“And when he'll left, what are you going to do?”

“That's the problem,” Dongwoo shrugged, “we are taking things slow to learn more about each other and to see if we could possibly become something in the future.”

“I really you find the one this time, you deserve it.”

“I... I think I found not the one, but a good one. He is really nice.”

 

Jonah smiled fondly, feeling more than happy for her superior and she concentrated again on her work, sipping on her coffee from time to time. Ten minutes later, the lights of the office and Woohyun entered the room. Jonah stood up and bowed her head politely while Dongwoo remained still.

 

“Please tell me you haven't spent your night here,” Woohyun raised a brow while looking at his secretary.

“I... I have a lot of work to do,” Jonah laughed nervously, “I had to stay here.”

“Yah,” he ruffled her hair, “I told you not to do that!”

“But-”

“No buts, Jo,” he chuckled, “I don't like to know you're here working hard without resting while I'm peacefully sleeping at home. I feel bad.”

“You really don't have to. I'm only doing what feels right for me.”

“But what is your husband going to think if you don't go back home at night?”

 

Jonah's smile turned into a grimace. Dongwoo cleared his throat and asked Woohyun to follow him since he apparently had something to show him. Jonah sat once again and looked at her phone. She unlocked it and looked at her background picture. It was the picture they had taken during their last meal as a family. Jisoo was grinning while Myungsoo was kissing her cheek in the background. She looked shocked on the picture and when they had taken it, she had been really surprised. The weird feeling of having him kissing her was somehow a foreign feeling but she liked it a lot. She had always liked it when he was kissing her.

 

But now, he wasn't going to kiss her at all. They were over though it wasn't totally official yet.

 

She swept away a tear rolling down her cheek and she dialed Myungsoo's mobile phone number, hopping he was going to pick up.

 

Hello?” a girl's voice spoke.

 

Jonah froze and looked at her phone screen to make sure she had called for the right number.

 

Hello? Who are you?” the girl asked.

“I'm sorry,” Jonah mumbled, tears coming to her eyes once again, “I've got the wrong number.”

Alright.

 

She hung up and quickly gathered her stuff into her bag. She left the office and when she was about to leave, she met Dongwoo and Woohyun who were talking into the hall of the office.

 

“I'm going home,” she didn't even dare to look at her, “something has occurred.”

“Jonah please-” Woohyun tried to speak to her but she left.

 

*

 

“Mr. Kim.”

 

Myungsoo looked up and saw Sunmi at the door of his office.

 

“You left your phone into the meeting room,” she said, “and someone tried to call you. I answered, I hope you don't mind.”

“Who tried to call me?” he frowned.

 

Sunmi stepped inside the big office and handed him his phone. He looked through his phone call records and when he saw his wife's name, his heart missed a beat and he looked at Sunmi with knitted brows.

 

“Did... did she talk? What did she say?”

“That she had the wrong number,” Sunmi answered.

“She... I mean... just go home now,” he sighed and ran a hand thought his messy hair, “just go.”

“But Mr. Kim I-”

“Sunmi. Go.”

 

*

 

“Jonah, you've got a letter,” Howon handed her a big brown envelope.

“What is that?” she raised a brow, “nobody knows I live here.”

“Just open, you'll see.”

 

She nodded and quickly torn the top of the paper. Inside, there were quite a lot of sheets of paper but first, because she bended the envelope a bit something felt on her tight. She looked at it and left out a relief sigh. Indeed, the pendant with hers and Howon's dates of birth were engraved on it.

 

“What's that?” Howon looked at it from above her shoulder, “hey! Where was it? Was it inside the envelope? Did you perhaps lose it?!”

“No no no!” she laughed nervously, “not at all, it just... it just fell of my chain.”

 

He frowned and obviously didn't believe her, yet he helped her to put it back around her neck.

 

“And that?” Howon picked up the ring which had also fallen with the pendant, “what's that?”

 

Jonah frowned and quickly looked at it. When she realized what it was, she felt dizzy and nauseous.

 

“It can't be,” she muttered and pulled out the sheets of paper, “it can't be that it's impossible... no it can't be!”

“Jo, calm down. What is this. What's going on?”

“It can't be Myungsoo's wedding ring!!” she shouted and started crying.

 

She didn't even waste time on reading the first pages and went directly to the last one. On the bottom left corner, Myungsoo's signature was covered under the official stamps of his lawyer who had also signed it.

 

Jonah's vision became blurry and she fell on her knees. Howon was speaking to her and was shaking her, wondering what was going on but Jonah couldn't keep her eyes and thoughts away from the sheet of paper.

 

“He signed it,” she laughed while crying at the same time, “he sighed it.”

“But what are you talking about?!” Howon shouted at her, worried and pissed.

“The divorce papers... we're going to divorce.”

 


Dundundun ! Sad chapter? Or not sad chapter? I let you judge!

Will things get better? You'll know it by the end of the week since now I'm just uploading a new chapter everyday

I hope you liked it

Thx :)

xx

Mae