Chapter six

I love you (more)

Double update ~ made sure you've read chapter five before :)


 “So you're jealous, I was right,” Sunggyu smiled, proud of himself.

“Yes,” Myungsoo sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

“Jonah, you've just heard the whole story, is there something you want to tell your husband?”

“Why are you jealous of my boss? It's only my boss! I'm not cheating on you or whatever!”

“I don't like you being close to him.”

“I don't like you being close to other girls and yet I don't make a fuss out of it! I'm married to you, you're my husband, why should I go and see other men?! This is so stupid... and it angers me.”

“Why?” Sunggyu asked.

“It angers me to know he doesn't trust me.”

“I'm sorry,” Myungsoo looked at her, “I'm sorry, alright? Since the situation is complicated between us I was scared you would... go away and cheat on me with Nam Woohyun. I do trust you, but I was scared.”

“You're stupid, Kim Myungsoo, and-”

“Jonah,” Sunggyu cut her, “talking, not screaming.”

 

She bit on her lower lip and didn't say anything.

 

“Myungsoo, do you have a question you want to ask her?”

“Have you ever cheated on me with Woohyun?”

“Oh for God's sake!” she shouted and sighed, completely defeated, “you know what, this is exactly why I want to divorce! I just can't stand your stupidity anymore!”

“No, Jonah, we don't talk about divorce her either,” Sunggyu corrected her, “you're here to find solutions in order not to divorce.”

“No, we're here because I want to divorce but he won't so he is trying to find solutions to convince me not to do this! But I'm not stupid you know, I ask for the divorce because I'm sure it's what I want.”

“What are you reasons?”

“There are a lot.”

“Tell us.”

“I can't tell them just like this, it's... it's complicated.”

“Why? You're so sure of yourself, it should be easy though.”

“It's not.”

“Myungsoo, why do think she wants to divorce?”

“I don't know either. I mean... I know it's complicated. But we love each other, right? Divorce shouldn't just be a solution to our problems.”

“Jonah... what do you think of that?”

“I don't think anything,” she rolled her eyes, “stop asking me about my opinion.”

“It's important for me to understand what you're both thinking to help you. I need to ask you things which correspond to both of your personalities and which will satisfy both of you. By the way, have you listened to him once just like I asked you the last time?” she shook her head, “why?”

“Because he didn't try to talk to me.”

“Myungsoo, is she telling the truth?”

“Hum... well... yes, I was busy at work this week.”

“Alright!” Sunggyu clapped his hands, “next question for both of you. When was the last time you had a meal together?”

“With our son?” Myungsoo titled his head.

“Yes, like a real family. When was it?”

 

The couple both looked at him. Myungsoo kept on blinking while looking straight at him with his black eyes, which was a bit scary for the counselor, while Jonah had a raised brow and her hands were clutched in tight fists to the point that her knuckles had turned white. Apparently, the words 'real family' weren't her favorites.

 

“So...?”

“A few weeks ago, I guess...”

“Months,” Jonah cleared , “months ago...”

“Alright, so this week, I want you to have at least one real meal together with your son! Do you think it's possible?” They both nodded but didn't actually answered with words, which the counselor noticed, “Myungsoo, even if your boss calls for you, you don't go, alright?”

“Y-yes,” the young man stuttered.

“Jonah, you're not going to run away.”

“I won't.”

“And, I want a proof that you really did it! I want you to take a picture!”

“We... we will,” Myungsoo forced himself to smile.

 

*

 

After they talked a little bit about it, Myungsoo and Jonah decided to have their family meal on Wednesday. Jonah wasn't working this day and Myungsoo didn't have much appointments, so he decided to let his phone in their bedroom for a few hours. After Jonah explained Jisoo that they were going to eat all together, the boy was running around screaming with happiness and followed his father in the kitchen and helped him to cook (even though he was more there to taste the dishes) and later he helped his mother to put the table. When they finally all sat around the table, Jisoo on the side and his parents facing each other, the weird and cold atmosphere quickly surrounded them. Because the adults didn't know what to talk about, Jisoo was the only one talking.

 

“-and then the teacher told me I was good at drawing! So I draw a lot of things!”

“Where are they, your drawings?” Myungsoo asked his son, smiling fondly, “I really want to see them.”

“I left them at school,” Jisoo pouted, “I'm sorry.”

“Don't forget them tomorrow, alright? So that you'll show mom and me what you've drown!”

“I will.”

“And, you know what, I'll pick you up after school,” Myungsoo kissed his son's pout and Jisoo only chuckled, “do you want me to come?”

“Yes! I will show you all my friends!”

“Let's do this!”

 

Jonah couldn't help smiling while looking at her son. Jisoo was really cute and too adorable for her to resist him. And he might have easily understood her weakness since he was always looking at her with pleading eyes whenever he wanted something. He was as sly as his father. Except that Jonah could totally resist and avoid Myungsoo.

 

“Eat now,” Myungsoo ruffled Jisoo's black hair, “it's going to be cold.”

 

Jisoo tried to use his chopstick made especially for young children but he still had lots of troubles when it came to handling it. So his father decided to go behind him and to help him. He explained Jisoo where to put his fingers and how to move them to actually grabbed the food. But since more of it actually ended up on the ground or on Jisoo's clothes, the boy just asked his dad to feed him. Myungsoo didn't complain and did so, Jonah silently observing him.

 

He had always be a perfect father. Even though he was young and she had sometimes thought (especially during her pregnancy) that he wasn't going to assume his role, he hadn't disappointed her once (on this point, at least). They found out she was pregnant after an appointment with the doctor to which he had insisted to come, he wept with joy, contrary to Jonah who refused to believe the doctor and who cried while begging for him to do some other tests.

During her whole pregnancy, he always took care of her and made sure she was fine as well as the baby. Every times the doctor was making recommendations, he would make sure she was listening to it very well. He went to the university during the day but refused to go out with his friend after only to stay with her. Every nights before they went to bed, he would kissed and caressing her round tummy to have contact with his son. So obviously the day Jisoo was born, Myungsoo stayed by her side and never let go of her hand, not even when she nearly broke his bones because she was pressing it too hard while pushing to deliver the baby. When the nurse put the baby on her chest for the very first time, he nearly out and couldn't stop crying. The first time he held Jisoo, he was still crying.

During Jisoo's first year, no matter what the baby was doing, Myungsoo wouldn't stop crying because he was proud and happy. Jisoo was in own blood and flesh and despite Myungsoo being young, he completely assumed his role.

 

However, later, Myungsoo started working in his father's company and spent less and less time at home, with his wife and son. But whenever he was coming back home, whether Jisoo was sleeping or not, he would go and kiss him. Whenever Myungsoo was on a business trip, he would called for his son to make sure he was fine and would always come back with several presents. Myungsoo loved his son with all his heart, Jonah couldn't blame him for that because she would be lying.

 

But he was an absent father.

 

“Mom!” Jisoo waved his hand in front of her face to pull her out of her thoughts and she realized that she had been staring at Myungsoo for the past ten minutes.

“W-what?”

“Daddy say we have to take a picture.”

“Oh yes,” she nodded, “yes. Let's do this.”

“I want to take it!” Jisoo stood up on his chair, “you know! With the thing for the selfies!”

 

Myungsoo left the kitchen for a few minutes and came back with his phone and a selfie stick Jonah didn't even know they had. He gave it to Jisoo who apparently knew how to used it.

 

“Alright, daddy sit next to mom!”

“Why?” Jonah asked.

“Just do it!”

 

Myungsoo obeyed his son and sat next to his wife, his arms automatically curling around Jonah's waist. She was about to complain but Myungsoo prevented her from doing so by kissed her cheek.

 

“Yah!” she blushed, “Kim Myungsoo what ar-”

“Yes! This picture is perfect!” Jisoo laughed.

 

Myungsoo didn't say a word and took his phone, showing her the photography on which he was kissing her cheek, she was frowning and Jisoo was grinning while doing the 'v' pose with his fingers. She shook her head and left the table to go and have a shower: she needed a cold shower to clear her mind.

 


So here's chapter six on a Thursday, as I've planned.

I hope you liked it and if it's the case, please tell me by letting a comment :)

Thank you to all of you who subscribed so far and please do so if you like the story, and you can also upvote if you want to 

Thx

xx

Mae