Chapter three

I love you (more)

 

“Why aren't you trying to do a marriage guidance?” Sungjong asked his best friend.

“What is this?” Jonah answered while stuffing some pop-corn into , a lot of them falling on her clothes and the sofa.

“Well, you know, someone who helps couples to find what are the problems between them and who finds solutions.”

“Don't want to.”

“Why?”

“Because. I don't need someone to tell me how to manage my love life.”

“Jo...” Sungjong sighed and rolled his eyes.

 

She didn't answer and yawned loudly, stretching her arms above her head at the same time. The movie they were watching was really interesting and Sungjong was only bothering her by talking about her life with Myungsoo. This night was one of those nights when her husband was absent, stuck at the office, so she had invited her best friend to a kind of pajama party: they were watching movies all night, drinking beers and eating pizzas and pop-corn. Jisoo, the poor little boy, was peacefully sleeping in his bedroom and Jonah and Sungjong were always making sure they weren't disturbing him.

 

“Do you really want to divorce?” She nodded. “Are you sure it's what you want?”

“Yeah.”

“Why? Don't you love me anymore?”

“That's not it,” she took her beer bottle and drank half of it in one big swallow.

“Then what is it?”

“Yah, Lee Sungjong,” she frowned, “what with those weird questions tonight? I'm trying to watch the movie.”

“Myungsoo hyung loves you, you know,” he said with his sweet tone and a sad smile on his lips, “he really does. You should think twice before getting a divorce.”

“I've been thinking about it for two years now, trust me, I know what I'm doing.”

“I still think you should go and see a marriage counselor. I know one, if you're interested.”

“Oh...?” she looked at him and raised a brow, “really? You know one?”

“Hum,” he nodded, “my parents saw one before they divorced.”

“So it didn't help them since they ended up divorcing,” she tsked, “such a waste of money.”

“Jonah... think about it, not only for Myungsoo but for Jisoo too.”

 

She shrugged and took a handful of pop-corn. Before she could put it in , Sungjong punched her in the shoulder and all of the pop-corn fell on the carpet. She cursed out loud and put her greasy hands into his hair, messing with it while he was begging her to stop touching his perfect hair he loved so much.

 

“Hum,” she hummed when she finally let go of him to admire what she had done, “don't mess with my food, Jjong.”

“Sorry,” he said in a broken English and hid his hair under the hood of his red sweat.

 

Since he knew he was going to sleep at her place and even probably sleep on the carpet, as usual, he was wearing very casual clothes, just like Jonah who was only wearing one of Myungsoo's old tee-shirt which was too large for her. She had underwear, but didn't have a short on. Sungjong didn't really care to have her half- in front of him, since he was 'more into the D thing' as he was saying himself. He was gay but only Jonah knew it. Which is the reason why Myungsoo would probably be mad at him, as usual, when he would go back home and see his wife sleeping with nearly no clothes on by his sides.

 

Sungjong had told his best friend a few times to wear more clothes, or at least to cover her legs a bit, but she had always refused without giving him any explanations. Yet, as the time was passing by, he ended thinking Jonah wasn't wearing much clothes voluntary only to make Myungsoo jealous and if he was right and if it was her main goal, then Sungjong wanted to told her she had won, because obviously Myungsoo was jealous to see her be so close to him.

 

“What time is it anyway?” she mumbled next and stood up to go to the fridge, looking for something to eat, “I'm like really starving now.”

“It's going to be two am soon,” Sungjong answered and looked at the two empty pizza boxes they left on the ground in the middle of the living room.

“Hey, he should be home already.”

 

Sungjong didn't have to ask who she was talking about because the answer was obvious. She took a yogurt and came back next to him, slowly eating even more. Once she was done, she yawned once again and lay on the sofa, using his laps as a pillow. He didn't complain since he was used to it anyways and put his hands on her waist, his other finding her way up to Jonah's forehead and he started gently caressing it. A few minutes later, she was fast asleep.

 

Because he was a nice boy and loved Jonah so much, he slowly moved away and went to her bedroom to take a pillow and a cover from the bed. Then, he put the pillow obviously under her head and the cover over her body for her not to her to cold and he threw away all of their garbage. He even put some of Jisoo's toys back into theirs boxes. Once he was done, he sat on the carpet, leaning against the sofa and watched the end of the movie he already knew.

 

One hour later, he heard the heavy door being opened so he stood up and tip-toed to the hall, welcoming Myungsoo who looked exhausted and awfully pale.

 

“Oh, Sungjong,” the older one weakly smiled and let his shoes and coat in the hall, “how are you?”

“I'm fine, what about you? You seem... tired.”

“Because I am.”

 

Myungsoo sighed and unfastened his tie and his shirt, breathing a bit more now that he was able to relax. Because of the TV still on, he walked toward the sofa and when he saw his wife's sleeping figure, he smiled fondly, Sungjong looking at him with a little smile on his lips, and then Myungsoo walked toward the fridge, talking the only slice of pizza Jonah had especially left for him. He didn't even put it in the micro-wave and ate it cold.

 

“So, did you tell her?” the older man asked.

“Yes, but she doesn't want to go.”

“Aish,” Myungsoo sighed, “I knew she wouldn't... it was a stupid idea. I'm sorry for bothering you with something this useless.”

“Actually,” Sungjong bit his lower lip, “I think this is a good idea. You should take an appointment and force her to go with you.”

“You really think so?” Sungjong nodded, “how I am going to convince her? She is just so stubborn...”

“You're the man in the relation. Just tell her to go with you and even if she refuses, just drag her there. I know it sounds a bit violent,” Sungjong smiled when he saw Myungsoo's panicked face, “but believe me, she's going to like it.”

“Me forcing her to go somewhere she doesn't want to?” Myungsoo frowned.

“No,” Sungjong's smile turned into a slight smirk, “you taking the control and being a bit bossy. She likes that.”

 

Sungjong wasn't so sure Myungsoo had understood what he meant at first, because he just looked at him with his brows knitted, but then, his eyes opened wide and he nodded vigorously and blushed a bit, which made the younger one chuckled.

 

“You sure? I don't want her to be even madder at me than she already is.”

“Trust me, hyung, if you do that, she's going to follow you.”

 


Third chapter 

I hope you liked it and like the story so far even though things only starts moving slowly.

Thank you to all of you who subscribed and commented, please once again don't forget to tell me what you thought about this chapter and you can subscribe and upvote if you want to :)

thx

xx

Mae.