Chapter nine

I love you (more)

 

 “Myungsoo! Jonah!” Kim Sunggyu welcomed them with a warm smile, “come on, take a seat.”

 

The couple sat in front of him as usual, Myungsoo on the left and Jonah on the right.

 

“So, how are you? Myungsoo?”

“I'm fine, thank you.”

“And you Jonah?”

“I'm doing great.”

“You're smiling, it's a good point I guess.”

“I... I guess, yes,” she smiled even more and blushed.

“Is it because you're brother is currently in Korea?”

“How do you know?”

“Oh that,” he simply shrugged, “Myungsoo told me on the phone the other day. Don't worry, I'm not spying on you. What's your brother's name already?”

“Howon.”

“And how old is he?”

“25.”

 

Sunggyu looked down at his notes and after a few seconds he nodded.

 

“I knew I had it written somewhere. He lives in Japan with your father because he had chosen to. Is he here on holidays?” she nodded, “does he stay with you?”

“Yes.”

“And what are you going to do during the times he is here? Are you going to spend all your free times only with him or are you going to spend some times with you and your husband?”

“Actually,” Jonah titled her head, “Howon really appreciates Myungsoo, so I guess we're going to spend some times all together.”

“That's a very good thing, I was expecting this answer,” Sunggyu smiled at her and wrote a few thing on his papers, “what are relations with your family? I asked Myungsoo the last time but didn't have exactly the chance to ask you.”

 

Sunggyu knew it was a dangerous question especially since he didn't knew how their argument from the last time had ended. Yet, none of them really moved or reacted so he guessed they had talked about it and had found a solution to deal with their problem like adults.

 

“Your father is Japanese and your mother Korean. Was the mix of the two different cultures hard to handle for you?”

“Not at all. My mother teaches Japanese language in a high school. She loves Japan and its language, culture and everything.”

“And your father, what he is doing?”

“He is lawyer but he is soon going to retire.”

“So you had an easy life, no? I mean... both of your parents have nice jobs which make quite a lot of money.”

“My brother and I had everything we asked for but we had to fight for it and to prove we deserved it. Modesty and hard work were important for my parents.”

“It must have been hard for you to marry Myungsoo since from what I've understood, he also had everything that he wanted just by asking for it and even had things he wasn't asking for. Am I wrong Myungsoo?”

“No, no you're right.”

“I didn't know it was like this at first, it's only once we started living together in the penthouse that I realized it.”

“Weren't your parents against your wedding?”

“At first they were obviously, but I told them I was of age so they couldn't tell me anything and then they quickly understood I was happy with Myungsoo so they didn't really mind.”

“And what did they say about your pregnancy?”

“My mother told me I was too young contrary to my father who was more than happy to have a grand-son.”

“Are they perhaps still talking to each other?”

“My parents?” he nodded, “yes they are but only when it comes to my brother or I.”

“That's a good thing for you I guess, so that it's not too traumatizing for you.”

“Their divorce didn't affect me this much,” Jonah admitted, “I was just sad that I had to chose between living with one of them which meant leaving the other. But I didn't regret leaving with my mother for Korea.”

“And how often do you see your mother?”

“Don't know... once or twice a month? It just depends...”

“And your father?”

“He comes to Korea once a year for Christmas.”

“Myungsoo,” the counselor turned toward the young man, “what do you think about your wife's family?”

“Her mother is an angel. After I asked Jonah to marry me, my parents, well, my father kicked me out and her mother welcomed me at her home. So I lived with her and Jonah for a while. Her father is a bit colder with me and I understood why. After all, I married his daughter. You know what I mean?” Sunggyu smiled and nodded, “and I like her brother. We actually met a lot when I go to Japan.”

“So, to summarize the situation, you, Myungsoo, you love Jonah's family contrary to you, Jonah, you hate his family. It's not really surprising in fact,” Sunggyu let go off his pen and joined his hands together, “it happens a lot. In a couple were one of the party is actually wealthier or more powerful than the other, the parents of this person tend to be stricter and even mean to their in-laws. It's a common phenomenon especially here in Korea. But Myungsoo”, the counselor cleared his throat, “if something like this happen in the future, don't you think you should at least help your wife a bit?”

“I will do it,” the young man said, “I won't let my mother hurt Jonah one more time.”

“Good, it's really good to think like this. But yet, it's easier said than done.”

“I'm her husband,” he said while looking at Jonah who was frowning, “I must protect her, I will do so.”

 

*

 

“So my older brother is home but he should be sleeping by now, but... it's just to tell you that I'm not cheating on Myungsoo.”

“Don't worry,” Dongwoo laughed, “hurry now, I'm starving!”

 

Jonah smiled and opened the door. She let Dongwoo entered first, because he was the guest, and they let their shoes into the hall. They moved forward to the living room and they had to suddenly stopped. Indeed, Howon was doing his morning exercises in the middle of his sister's house, bare-chested. When the young man saw his sister with some guy he didn't know, he froze, frowned and glared at the tall man.

 

“Oppa!” Jonah started to panic, “what are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that,” Howon put his hands on his hips, his muscles popping even more.

“I-I was at work,” she cleared and rushed toward, “put a shirt on for God's sake, I've got a guest.”

“Who is that?” he snorted, still looking at Dongwoo who wasn't moving nor looking away.

“My colleague.”

“Are you cheating on Myungsoo while he is peacefully sleeping in your room?”

“He is home?” she asked and he nodded, “well, that's not the problem right now.”

 

Howon walked passed by her and stepped in front of the unknown man. Dongwoo was way taller than Howon, and yet, Howon had a more muscular body so he seemed scarier, especially since he was frowning and had his square jaw clutched.

 

“I'm Lee Howon,” he introduced himself, “Jonah's older brother.”

“Nice to meet you,” Dongwoo smiled politely, “Jang Dongwoo, I work with Jonah.”

“Uncle Hoya!”

 

They all turned around when Jisoo came out of his parents bedroom with his messy hair and drool at the corner of his mouth. He jumped into his uncle's arms and smiled at Dongwoo who ruffled his hair.

 

“How are you doing little boy?” he smiled.

“I'm fine! Are you going to eat with us?”

 

Dongwoo nodded and Jisoo smiled even more. They sat around the table, Howon and Dongwoo facing each other. While Jonah was preparing the food, Myungsoo came out of his bedroom completely dressed. He greeted his guest, kissed his son's forehead and his wife's cheek. She smiled and looked down to hide her red cheeks.

 

They ate while talking, Myungsoo and Howon animated the conversation along with little Jisoo and just when Dongwoo left, one hour later, Jonah received a text message from him. She opened it and laughed.

 

From: Dongwoo J.

Hyun my god! I've just met Jonah's older brother! Damn he is really hot! A freaking eye candy!

 

She quickly answered.

 

To: Dongwoo J.

Hum... I'm sure you didn't mean to send me this message but thanks, now I'll use it to blackmail you.

 

From: Dongwoo J.

You're a real demon. But invite me over more often while your brother's here. You'll be nice.

 

She laughed and when she was about to let go of her phone, Myungsoo came behind her and looked at the screen. Jonah didn't try to hide the conversation and let him read. He chuckled and kissed her cheek and then the back of her neck.

 

“I didn't even have time to greet you politely this morning,” he whispered against her skin and she shivered.

“Well,” she turned around and smiled, “good morning, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Good morning, Kim Jonah.”

 

He leaned forward to kiss her but Jisoo interrupted them, asking her mother to shower with him. 

 


They were about to kiss but then again no, it would be to easy otherwise.

But here's the ninth chapter, i really hope you liked it and if you did, please leave a comment telling me your opinion.

Thank you to all of the subscribers :)

Thx

xx

Mae