Chapter two

I love you (more)

 

“I'm tired...” Myungsoo sighed and lay on the ground.

“No joke, dude,” Sungyeol panted and stopped next to him, “we've been running for the past two hours, obviously you're tired, so am I.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and gladly welcomed the bottle of water his best friend handed him. After he drank half of it, he lay still and closed his eyes, listening to the sounds surrounding him. They were in a park by the sides of the Han river and a group of children were playing not so far, so he could hear their laughs and shouts. Also, since it was a bit windy this day, he could hear the wind blowing on the poor trees which were little by little losing their yellow, red and orange leaves. Autumn was his favorite season.

 

“And you know, if you were sleeping in your bed and not on your sofa, you would actually rest correctly,” Sungyeol looked away to avoid his friend deadly glare.

“Yah.”

“What?!” Sungyeol tried to look offended, “you know I'm right!”

 

Myungsoo didn't answer because, yes, indeed, he was right.

 

“Jonah went to bed at five pm yesterday,” he explained to give himself a justification, “I didn't want to disturb her.”

“So,” Sungyeol tapped a finger on his chin, “you didn't want to sleep in your bed because you're wife was sleeping in it. You didn't want to sleep with your wife. This is so stupid!”

“I know,” Myungsoo sighed and stood up again, “want to come home with me? Jonah will have probably cook something.”

 

Sungyeol agreed just because he was hungry and wanted to spend some more time with his best friend, and not because he wanted to see Jonah. To tell the truth, he had never loved her. He didn't have a particular reason for not liking her, she was a nice and respectful, but he had never been able to accept her as Myungsoo's wife.

 

They reached the rich boy's house an hour by foot later and indeed found Jonah cooking, Jisoo helping her. The little boy welcomed his father with a big hug and a kiss and also hugged his 'favorite uncle' before he went hid between his mother's legs. The two young men changed clothes in order not to eat with smelly and dirty clothes and then sat around the table, waiting for the food to be ready.

 

“So, when are you leaving for Japan again?” Sungyeol asked Myungsoo.

“On Wednesday. I still have two days to rest a bit. My dad promised me he wouldn't bother me with useless meetings during these days.”

“And so? What are you planing two do? You won't spend these days at home watching TV, will you?” Sungyeol raised a brow.

“I still don't know,” Myungsoo shrugged and looked at Jonah who was really concentrated on his cooking and who didn't seem to be listening to them at all. Yet, he wanted to make sure she wasn't, “I was thinking about inviting some of my coworkers here for a dinner but I still don't know if it's a good idea.”

 

Sungyeol frowned, surprised to hear something which seemed to be really nice coming out from the mouth and brain of Myungsoo: the young man had never really loved to hang out with people from his father's company. So discreetly, Myungsoo designed Jonah with his head and Sungyeol seemed to understand.

 

“Oh! Really? It's a good idea, after all, they've never officially met Jonah yet.”

 

Hearing her name, she looked up but Jisoo caught her attention. Myungsoo clicked his tongue and bit his lower lip.

 

“And... who were you thinking about?” Sungyeol winked at him.

“I don't really know but... hum... you know, Yoon Sunmi, the trainee from the management department. Well, I think that would be like a welcoming party for her.”

 

That's right, Jonah,” he thought and hid his smirk behind his hand, “I have other girls around me. I can have whoever I want”. She quickly looked at him but when their eyes met, she looked down. “That's it, be jealous. Just be jealous, Jonah, show me that you don't want me to talk to the other girls”. Even though she stopped moving and kept looking at her dish, she had her poker face on and Myungsoo couldn't read it and guessed what she was thinking about.

 

“What do you think, Jo?” he suddenly asked her.

“Hum?” she looked at him.

“Do you mind if I invite people here on Monday for example?”

“I don't care,” she shrugged, “I'm going to a dinner with Woohyun and one of the company's associate.”

“What?” he frowned and straighten on his chair, “you didn't tell me.”

“As if it matters to you anyway,” she mumbled but he still managed to hear her.

 

Sungyeol felt the atmosphere of the room changing into something even weirder and colder. He knew his best friend well enough to say that the boy was getting mad. “Obviously it matters,” he shouted inside his head but didn't say a word out loud, “you're my wife! We're married! You should stay with me and not have a dinner with your boss!”.

 

“Daddy.”

“What?!” Myungsoo said with a cold tone, not even realizing that the person talking was his son.

 

Before he could react and apologize, Jisoo was already back by his mother's sides. He cursed under his breath and folded his arms on his chest.

 

“Daddy is mean to me,” the boy pouted and send him a deadly glare, the one that he got from his mother.

“Don't mind him, okay?” Jonah smiled and gently pinched his chubby cheeks, “he's too busy with work to think about us anyway.”

 

Sungyeol wanted to leave his seat to grab her by the collar of her shirt and to punch her but Myungsoo kicked him in the leg to prevent him from even standing up.

 

“But Myung she-”

“Don't,” was all Myungsoo answered.

 

He glared at his wife who was laughing with his son, his precious and innocent baby. “I love you so much, Jonah, how can you do this to me? How can you do this to someone you're supposed to love?! Do you even still love me, Jo? Or do I love you more than you do?

 


Second chapter to have Myungsoo's point of view.

I hope you liked it :)

Thank you for subscribing and for reading this story. Don't forget to leave a comment to tell me what you think about it and you can upvote and subscribe if you want to. 

Thx

xx

Mae.