Chapter ten

I love you (more)

 “Where are you going?” Myungsoo asked when he saw his wife coming out the bathroom.

“Woohyun wants me to come with him to a meal with one of his partners,” she fixed her necklace, “how am I?”

 

Myungsoo frowned and took some times to check her out. She was wearing a simple black skin-tight dress which stopped just above her knees. The decollete wasn't too important, yet her collar bones were popping a lot and even though he personally found it y, he didn't want some others men being able to look at it. She was also wearing black stilettos which she loved a lot and which matched perfectly with the dress and she had tied her hair in a messy yet styled bun. Jonah wasn't wearing a lot of make-up, just a bit of concealer to hide the dark-circles she had under her eyes and had a bit of mascara on her lashes and red on her lips. She was also wearing simple golden earrings and a long necklace. Myungsoo felt really proud to have a wife who was this beautiful.

Yet, he didn't want her to actually go out with his outfit to be with her boss since she wasn't even wearing things like that when she was with him (more like she stopped wearing this kind of outfits whenever she was with him). Once again, he felt really jealous of Nam Woohyun.

 

“So?”

“You shouldn't go out like this,” he frowned.

“Why?” she looked at her dress, “is it a bit too much?”

“It is.”

“But Woohyun said we were going to some fancy restaurant in Gangnam, I just can't wear trousers.”

“Well, you should.”

 

She sighed and walked by him to go to their bedroom. Myungsoo smirked, somehow proud to know she was actually going to change her clothes and he went to the living room where Howon was busy playing video games with Jisoo. He sat next to his son and watched the game, supporting the little boy who was winning anyway since his uncle was letting him win. Ten minutes later, Jonah came back and he frowned once again when he saw she hadn't changed her clothes at all.

 

“I told you you-”

“I don't care about your opinion,” she didn't even look at him, busy looking something on her phone, “I'll go dressed like I want.”

“Where are you going?” Howon asked.

“Eating with my boss.”

“What?!” he paused the game and turned around to look at his younger sister, “just your boss?!”

“And a business partner, duh,” she rolled her eyes.

“Oh... alright,” he shrugged and started to play again.

 

Myungsoo wanted to add something but the bell rang. Jonah smiled and opened the door. A few seconds later, Nam Woohyun, wearing a plain black tuxedo and a perfect white shirt entered, greeting the other persons who were into the house with a polite bow.

 

“Are you ready to leave?” he asked Jonah.

“Just a second please.”

 

He smiled. Jonah disappeared into her bedroom and came back again wearing a navy blazer this time.

 

“Well,” Woohyun grinned, “you're really beautiful wearing this dress.”

“Oh,” she blushed, “am I? I mean, isn't it too much? I didn't really know what to wear.”

“Don't worry, you're perfect.”

“Thank you.”

 

She kissed the top of Jisoo's head and made Howon promised he wouldn't forget to put his nephew at bed too late. Because she had forgotten her phone into her bedroom, she quickly went for it but Myungsoo stopped her.

 

“I don't want you to leave dressed like that,” he said with a cold tone, holding her by the arm.

“Why?” she dared to answer.

“No men should see you like that, I should be the only one.”

“But you're not the only one, Myungsoo.”

“He doesn't have the right to say you're beautiful,” his hand clutched even tighter around her arm.

“But at least he says it. You don't.”

 

She bumped into his shoulder and left. When he came back to the living room, she had already left.

 

“You know,” Howon said, “she won't spend the rest of her life waiting for you.”

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo sighed.

“She claims she wants to divorce because she doesn't love you anymore.”

“Uncle, what does divorce mean?” Jisoo innocently asked.

“Nothing, don't worry,” Howon ruffled his hair before looking at Myungsoo, “the two reasons why a girl doesn't love a boy anymore is first, it's because her love had faded or second, because she thinks you don't love her anymore. Since Jo obviously still loves you very much, she wants to divorce for the second reason.”

“And what do you want me to do? She knows I love her.”

“Just try to prove it to her. Try to seduce her like you did when you were younger.”

 

Myungsoo frowned, really thinking and considering his brother-in-law's words. Indeed, what Howon was saying made sense to him.

 

“I-I don't remember doing something special though,” Myungsoo sighed, defeated.

“Yet you did since you two ended up together.”

“No I mean... we just met once, talked twice and that was it. There was nothing exceptional or-”

“Just ask her then.”

“Aish...” Myungsoo ran a hand through his messy hair, “I can't do that.”

 

Howon didn't answer. After all, if Myungsoo didn't want to seduce Jonah once again and to prevent the divorce, it was his problem. All Howon wanted was to prevent Jonah from getting hurt since he was sure she didn't really want to divorce.

 

*

 

Your brother-in-law is actually right,” Kim Sunggyu told Myungsoo over the phone, “you should totally try to seduce her like you did before.

“But I didn't do anything!”

Then try to seduce her like again like you would seduce any other girl today.

“But I don't know how to do that...”

 

Myungsoo sighed and paced back and forth into his living room, his phone still stuck to his ear ready to listen to the counselor's advice. After the talk he had with Howon, he couldn't help thinking about it and had to call Kim Sunggyu to have answers even though it was nearly one am.

 

Ask your friends.

 

Sungyeol, his only friend, was more into one-night-stands. Howon was gay (even though he didn't like to talk about his uality). Obviously his younger brother was too young and his father was too old. He didn't have an uncle or a cousin he could ask either. He had nobody.

 

“I... I don't really have one who could possibly help me...” he admitted and sat on his sofa.

Then...” the counselor thought about an answer for a while, “ask Jonah's friends. If she has something she wants you to do, like... you know, a fantasy, she probably told her friends.

“You're right!” Myungsoo stood up, Sungjong's face suddenly popping into his mind, “you're right! I'm going to do that! Thank you very much, Mr. Kim.”

“Just call me Sunggyu, Myungsoo,” the counselor chuckled, “and you're welcome, that's my job to help you!”

 

Myungsoo thanked him once again, calling him by his name and as soon as he hung up, he called for Sungjong. The younger boy answered with a tired and hushed voice.

 

Hyung?

“Yeah Sungjong I'm sorry to bother you but it's really important,” he said, “do you know if there's something Jonah wants me to do?”

What are you talking about?” Sungjong sighed.

“Has she ever told you about something she wants me to do to her?”

Hyung I swear-

“Just answer!” Myungsoo urged him.

But I don't know! She wants you to do what a husband would do to his wife!

“What does it mean? Explain.”

Be nice with her, kiss her good morning and good night, surprise her with cute message, offer her presents, make sure to prove her you're always by her sides, cross any hardships with her... these kind of things.

“But that's already what I do...”

Well, no, you don't.

“I told you it's what-”

Then just do it harder. Good night.

 

That was rude, but at least Myungsoo knew what he had to do.

 


So we reached the middle of the story since there are twenty chapters, i hope you liked it and I'd like to have your opinion about the whole story so far, it would be really nice if you could let me a comment :)

Thank you to all of you who subscribed and upvoted !

And starting from next Monday, I'll post three chapters a week for this story not to last too long since it was made to be a short and simple story. So I will post a chapter on Monday, Wednesday and  Friday. Do you think it's too much? Should i keep the "two-chapter-a-week" rhythm? Please tell me.

Thx

xx

Mae