Prologue.

I love you (more)

 

 

Myungsoo and Jonah met during high school. He was in eleventh grade and Jonah in tenth grade. She was one year younger than him and yet, it had never bother him except from the moment he had to wait for her to be of age to marry her.

 

Myungsoo was a rich man's son, his father owning and directing one of the most famous company in South Korea, Japan and China. So at school, all the people, especially the girls, wanted to be close to him to take advantage of his fortune. During the first years, he was always nice and was always wasting a lot of money to please them, because he liked to have a lot of friends, but in high school, after a bad incident which made him realized they were all stealing his money and abusing of his fame to be friends, he became really cold. He started to bully the youngest ones and stopped working on his homework. Because of his behavior, he was considered as a bad boy which a y face and a cold heart.

 

Jonah had been living most of her life in Japan. Her father was himself Japanese while her mother was Korean. Jonah was born in Korea but at the young age of two, she followed her parents to Japan. She only came back to Korea a few years later, when she was fifteen because her parents divorced and she followed her mother while her father and older brother Howon were staying in Japan. She missed them a lot, but she also loved Korea a lot and quickly adapt to their way of living. In high school, she met Myungsoo, a guy which was one year older than her and who was considered as a bully. Jonah's first friend, Sungjong, had told her to stay away from the boy and Jonah listened to him very well, until she unfortunately bumped into the boy in one of the corridors. That was the first day they officially talked to each other.

 

One year later, they were dating and were one of the most controversial couple of the high school. All the girls were jealous of Jonah for stealing 'their Myungsoo' and the boys were mad at Myungsoo for playing with one of the most 'cute and beautiful girl' of the school. But the lovestruck couple always ignored the rumors and lived their lives as they wanted. Jonah didn't really care about Myungsoo's wealth contrary to what everyone around them were saying, and Myungsoo didn't doubt her when she told him he didn't have to waste money for her. The boy was really in love with her and she had changed him, so he was always thankful for that (in fact, he was more thankful toward her mother for coming back to Korea with her daughter and for putting her into his way, otherwise he wouldn't have met the love of his life).

 

When Myungsoo graduated from high school and was about to start studying management at Seoul National University, he made a promise. He promised to marry Jonah as soon as she was done with school and was of age, so that their parents couldn't prevent them from doing so. Jonah obviously agreed, blinded by love, and for a whole year, they spent a lot of time away from each other, both busy with their different schedules, but it didn't prevent them from meeting from times to times and to love each other.

 

One year later, Myungsoo did come at her graduation ceremony and after a date in town, he asked her to marry him. She hold their promise they had done one year ago and accepted. This night, also, they made love for the first time, because Jonah finally felt ready after two years of dating. Myungsoo was more than happy about it, but during this two years, he hadn't complained and had respected his girlfriend's choice.

 

Myungsoo's parents didn't accept their engagement though. They shouted at their son, both of them, even his mother who had always been very fond of Jonah, and told him he was too young and too stupid and was making the biggest mistake of his life. He didn't agree and fought back until he had to leave the house because his father kicked him out, not wanting to have 'a fool' living under his roof. So he moved in with his fiancée and her mother who treated him as his own son.

 

They got married on a Saturday, in July. Myungsoo worn a navy tailored suit his mother had bought him (because even though she was still mad at him for marrying Jonah at such a young age, she couldn't really stay mad at him for a long time and when Myungsoo and Jonah exchanged their vows, she cried the most) and Jonah worn a beautiful white dress with real pearls on the corset. It was definitely a beautiful wedding, especially for the newlywed who were surrounding by their relatives.

 

As soon as they got married, not before they had their honeymoon on a paradisaical island, they moved in together in a huge penthouse Myungsoo's parents had offered them. Jonah didn't really like the idea of having everything paid and given by her in-laws, but Myungsoo just told her to enjoy it and to save her money for other things.

 

Other things happened to be hospital's bills and babies stuff since Jonah found out she was pregnant a few months after, the baby obviously being the result of their honeymoon. She told her husband she was too young to be a mother and that she couldn't stop studying so that it was better to abort, but Myungsoo got really mad at her and left her alone for two weeks. When he finally dared to come back, she cried a lot and begged for his forgiveness: indeed, after a talk with her mother-in-law, she had realized that the baby was the result of their love and that she didn't have to be upset about the pregnancy or even about becoming a mother.

 

Kim Jisoo was born in March, on a rainy day, two days before his father's birthday. So obviously, Myungsoo was more than happy to welcome his son, his precious little treasure, in his life and he even told his wife that it was the best birthday present he had ever had. Jonah was happy too because her son was handsome and perfectly healthy.

 

However, things did change after Jisoo's birth. Myungsoo got a job in his father's company and was often traveling to Korea from Japan or China to take care of the business. Jonah, whenever he was away, was left alone in their huge penthouse to take care of her son who didn't sleep at night and who was always crying when he wasn't into her arms. She went crazy but never said a word about it, she kept smiling when her family and friends were asking her how she was doing.

 

Myungsoo and Jonah quickly drifted apart. Whenever he was in Korea, he was leaving really earlier in the morning and was not even coming back at night. His work was clearly draining all his strength to the point that he couldn't even spend some times with his son: he couldn't play with him because he was too tired, he couldn't take him to the park because he was too busy, and couldn't even take care of him because he wasn't at home to do it. Jonah never said a word about it and always kept smiling, just like her mother-in-law had told her to do when she was feeling a bit down (a real woman doesn't show her weaknesses, she always has to smile and to stay strong for her family's sake).

 

Myungsoo realized something was wrong with them when he tried to make love to her once but she refused and went to sleep into the living room. He couldn't actually believe his wife he loved so much was turning him down and was sleeping in room other then their bedroom. The following days, he asked Jonah's best friend Sungjong if he knew what was wrong, and the boy only said that he needed to love her more. Myungsoo didn't really understand since he had always given her love and money and a home and even a perfect son, but Sungjong had just told him he was 'too stupid to understand anyway'.

 

Myungsoo did not only got mad at Sungjong but also at his wife. When they actually had time to be together, they were arguing until one of them was leaving. Jonah found a work as a secretary in a company, Myungsoo's father's company direct rival, and she started having her own life too, the one she didn't have earlier because she was too busy being a good wife and mother. When he was coming back in the morning, she was leaving the house and was only coming back when he was leaving, nanny taking care of Jisoo who was still to young to understand what was happening between his parents.

 

Myungsoo didn't really know how they arrived to this situation, but yet, he was still madly in love with her and she wasn't even talking to him anymore. One day, he came back from work and found her waiting for him in the living room, a file in front of her. She didn't have to talk and he didn't have to look at it to know what it was.

 

Jonah wanted to divorce, but he wasn't going to let go of her this easily. 

 

 


So that's the prologue, it's quite long and it only tells Myungsoo and Jonah's life. It helps to understand most of the story though ^^'

I'm sorry if there's any mistakes. 

I'll try to post two chapters a week, on Monday and Thursday.

Leave a comment to tell me what you think about it, subscribe and upvote if you want to :)

Thx.

xx

Mae.