(5)

Different
===

2 Years ago

Taeyeon dragged her feet as she entered her apartment. It was a long day at work and all she wanted was to get into the shower then sleep. She walked lazily into the living room and screamed her lungs out when she saw the person sitting on her couch the moment she turned the lights on. “Oh my god! What are you doing here?!” She threw her bag at the young man silently laughing.

“Can’t I surprise my dearest sister?” He grinned mischievously and started to rummage through the girl’s bag.

“Hey! Don’t touch my things!” She snatched the bag away and placed it on the coffee table. “What the hell are you doing in here?! You’re supposed to be on the other side of the world!” She looked at her brother strangely when he slowly stood up and placed his arm around her shoulder.

“Well, well. You see, Taengoo…”

“I don’t like that look. What are you up to now?”

Taehyung started to walk towards the window with Taeyeon in tow. “I was idly sitting in my office one day and realized something.”

“You what?” Taeyeon leaned back to take a better look of his dramatic twin brother. 

“I realized that there’s more to life than getting cooped up in the office.”

“What the hell are you even talking about?”

“You see…” He cleared his throat dramatically. “We’re young. We should be exploring the world. Not this.” He pointed at her working clothes. 

“What?!” Taeyeon squirmed out of his hold and looked at him in confusion. 

“Yeah.” Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly. “Anyway. I decided to travel the world. Alone.” He clapped his hand in joy. “Oh, I’m so excited!”

“Wait, wait, wait.” She stopped him before he could say another word. “Travel the world? Alone? What the hell?” She furrowed her brows in thought. “What about your girlfriend?”

“OOOoOOoooHHHhhh.” He made that annoying sound that earned him an intense annoyed eye roll from his sister. “Yeah. About that.” He grinned mischievously.

“Oh no. No, no, no. Don’t you dare say anything stupid!” Taeyeon pointed at him accusingly.

“Oh, you bet I will!” He stuck his tongue out playfully. “Cover up for me. I’ll even pay you twice as much as your current salary.” He pointed his thumbs up. “Great deal, huh?” He even wiggled his brows playfully to convince her.

“What the hell?! No! I won’t do that!”

“But Taengoo~” Taehyung stomped his feet like a little boy. “Treat this like an early Christmas gift!” He snapped his fingers as he thought of an idea.

“What?!”

“It’ll be like you’re on vacation!”

“Then I’d rather help Appa with the company!” Taeyeon flailed her hands in frustration.

“Please~” He moved closer and clasped his hands as he showed his best puppy dog eyes.

“Hell no! Are you crazy?!”

“No, I’m not.” He sighed dejectedly.

“Do you even have feelings for your girlfriend? I mean… Who in their right mind would leave their girlfriend like that?” Taeyeon looked at him skeptically. She knew her brother was a little bit crazy but this was totally getting out of hand.

“Well…” Taehyung crinkled his nose in displeasure. “Fany is really nice. But…” He moved his eyes from side to side which made her confused. “She’s too nice. Way too nice.”

“Then break up with her! Why are you dragging me into this?!”

“But I don’t wanna break her heart, Taengoo~”

“What the hell?!” Taeyeon slapped his hands away when he attempted to touch her shoulders.

“Please~” 

“No.”

“But Taengoo~”

“No.”

“Taengoo-yah~”

“NO.”

“I’ll pay you triple your salary.”

“Nope.”

“Plus a new phone.”

“Not happening.”

“Plus a new laptop.”

“Nuh uh.”

“Plus new shoes. 5 pairs.”

“Still not happening.”

“Plus a cute, furry puppy?”

“No.”

“Plus that latest edition of what’s-that-brand-again sports car.” Taehyung smirked when he saw her open but didn’t say a word. “Gotcha! So it’s a deal!” He quickly grabbed her hand and entwined their pinkies. “Pinky promise! I have to go now. See you, Taengoo~ Say hi to Appa and Umma for me!” And just like that, he went out of the apartment, leaving Taeyeon frozen in place and never saw her scumbag of a twin brother ever again.

===
A/N: So initially, Taeyeon's brother was named Jiwoong. But that would be a total giveaway so I had to come up with a different name. So..... Taehyung it is. XD Gah. I keep on making crazy characters in my stories. XD And oh. I was totally lying when I said chapter 4 was my last update for the week. LOL