(12)

Different
===

Taeyeon was utterly surprised when she was greeted with a very affectionate kiss from Tiffany when she opened the passenger’s seat for her. It never failed to make her confuse every time she did such things, like how a gentleman should be, and when the realization hit her, she couldn’t help but want to strangle his brother to death. That stupid little… What the hell, Taehyung?! I can’t believe you’re a total scumbag! 

“Are you okay?”

She shook her head as she tried to get that unpleasant thought out of her head. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Tiffany stared at her worriedly. 

“Yes, I’m totally fine.” The guilt was up there to make her feel bad again so she hesitantly tiptoed a little to kiss the girl’s cheek, hoping it would make her at ease. And much to her relief, it did the trick and Tiffany was back to her smiling self. “Now please get in before we lose our reservation.” She gestured for her to go in and closed the door with a little grunt. She took her time as she went around the car then got into her seat. . What am I even supposed to do? . What if she asks something like… Like… Remember our first anniversary? . How am I supposed to answer that? . I really, really hate you, Taehyung. . 

That day marked “their” fourth anniversary as a couple and Taehyung was kind enough to message her a day before the said date to give her a heads up. Taeyeon almost lost her mind when she received that email from her brother and quickly made a reservation to one of their family’s co-owned hotels for dinner.

“Tae?” Tiffany was startled when Taeyeon flinched at her touch. “Are you really okay? We can stay in your place if you don’t feel well.”

“No, no.” Taeyeon shook her head before starting the engine. “I-I guess I’m just a little nervous.” She laughed awkwardly and drove away.

===