(19)

Different
=== 

Tiffany had been constantly reminding her, or more like nagging, to invite Taeyeon over for them to officially meet. She had tried her best to dodge the situation, but she never knew Tiffany could be this persistent. So there she was, seated in a table for two in a cozy café, carefully planning her next move. After half an hour of scribbling in her notes, she finally decided that she would do it. I mean… It would be suspicious if I refuse to see her, right? And why the heck does she want to meet me now of all the freaking time? The light tap on her shoulder startled her and she quickly closed her small notebook and shoved it into her bag. 

“Have you been waiting?” Tiffany sat across her and placed her drink on the table.

“Not really. I actually came earlier to get some fresh air.” Taeyeon took a sip from her mug to avoid any unnecessary eye contact.

“Okay.” The two remained quiet as they both busied themselves with their own thing. Tiffany checking her phone for some emails while Taeyeon flipped through the pages of the book she’s desperately trying to read. When Tiffany was done with reading all the important mails, she glanced at the girl in front of her and couldn’t help but smile as Taeyeon cutely furrowed her brows while reading. Wait. Since when did he start to read books? The thought started to bother her and as if it wasn’t enough, she saw Taeyeon absently tucking her hair behind her ear and saw a glimpse of a small tattoo behind it.

Taeyeon must have felt the eyes on her so she looked up and wondered what Tiffany was thinking when she saw her staring with knitted brows. “What is it?”

“Do you…” Tiffany reached out for the girl’s hair and brushed it aside. “You have a tattoo?”

Taeyeon froze in place momentarily. “Yeah…?” She swatted the hand away and tried to cover her ear desperately.

“But you’re afraid of needles.”

. SHE’S RIGHT. THAT STUPID TAEHYUNG IS AFRAID OF NEEDLES! ! “Hah…” She let out that awkward laugh again as she tried to come up with a very convincing explanation. “You see… My sister convinced me to get one.” She nodded absently and tried to remain calm. Yeah. That’s it. Go on. You can do better than that. “She said I should face my fears or something. We even got matching tattoos.” She shrugged nonchalantly and laughed again, a little too forced, and swore to the universe that after all of this was done, she would kill her brother with her bare hands for real.

“Oh.” Tiffany was utterly surprised. “Well, that’s great.” She reached out to pat Taeyeon’s cold hand and diverted their talk to a much more interesting topic.

===