(13)

Different
===

So far, dinner was pleasant. They were seated in a private booth, dim lighting, soft music in the background, and delicious food were served. And that’s the reason why Taeyeon couldn’t seem to digest the food that she had eaten. She felt like it was too good to be true. It was too calm. Too suspicious.

“Tae?” Tiffany held the girl’s hand on the table. “Is something bothering you?”

Of course there is! It’s you! YOU! Why are you so calm?! And what the hell is wrong with this peaceful atmosphere?! “I’m totally fine.” Taeyeon was able to respond with steady voice before sipping her drink.

“Okay, if you say so…”

“Um…” Taeyeon felt extremely guilty after seeing the girl’s dejected face. It was a special day for them after all, the last thing that she wanted was for Tiffany to get upset because of her silly behavior. “I have something for you.” She inwardly patted herself at the back when Tiffany instantly looked alive upon hearing those words. “Here…” She took out a small box from her jacket and slid it across the table.

“Y-You bought me something…?” Tiffany’s eyes twinkled at the sight of the girl’s present. 

“Yeah… It’s not much, though. Don’t get your hopes up.”

“Thank you so much, Tae!” Tiffany leaned across the table to hug the other girl’s neck. She quickly pulled back and stared at the small box with genuine happiness. “Can I open it?”

“Of course, you can. Go ahead.” Taeyeon waved her hand off as she gestured for her to unbox it. Seriously, what the hell have you done to this girl, Taehyung?! She couldn’t help but wonder how big of a jerk her brother was upon seeing Tiffany’s reaction when she saw what’s inside the box. “Do you like it?”

“I totally love it!” Tiffany half squealed, half giggled as she held out the necklace with a heart-shaped locket. “Can you put it on for me?”

“Uh… Sure…?” Taeyeon walked around the table and sat beside Tiffany. She carefully unclasped the lock and gently placed it around the girl’s neck. “Okay, done.” She looked up upon finishing her task and saw Tiffany’s loving gaze again. . Don’t look at me like that! Don’t make me feel any guiltier than I already am! ! Tiffany! Stop it! The words kept on chanting in her head and didn’t realize the girl had leaned in to kiss her.

“Thank you, Tae. I love you so much.” Tiffany whispered against her lips before turning away with slightly reddening cheeks.

OH . SHE DID NOT. OH . WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY?! . I HATE YOU TAEHYUNG! Taeyeon remained still in her seat as she tried to think of the most appropriate thing to do. ! DO I HAVE TO SAY IT BACK?! DOES TAEHYUNG SAY I LOVE YOU TOO?! ! “I…” She cleared awkwardly and reached out for Tiffany’s hand. The girl timidly turned to her and refused to make eye contact. “I love you too, Fany.” Taeyeon said in a squeaky, tiny voice. . IT’S A MISTAKE! . She held her breath as Tiffany stared at her with wide eyes and thought she must’ve made the wrong move until familiar soft lips met hers for a passionate kiss. . NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE. . I DON’T DESERVE THIS TORTURE. . 

===
A/N: Okay, a few updates before I go to work. LOL Imma just leave these updates here and let's all pray that I could update again before weekend comes. XD