(18)

Different
===

"Hi." Tiffany greeted her with a kiss on her cheek, like she always would, before getting into the car. 

Taeyeon quickly closed the passenger's seat and got in as well. "So how was dinner with your family?" She casually asked before driving away. 

"It was fun. I haven't seen my cousins in years and they're all grown up. Last time I saw them, they were still in 5th grade, running around the house, creating a mess out of themselves." Tiffany chuckled as she recalled the last time she babysit her little cousins. 

"Ah, must be nice then." She took a quick glance at Tiffany when she lightly placed her hand on Taeyeon's right hand.

Tiffany only hummed in response and the car was soon filled with silence. "How about you, Tae?" She broke the silence when they reached the red light.

"Me?"

"Yeah. How's it going with your family?" Tiffany leaned a little to take a better look on the other girl.

"They're fine. Busy as always." Taeyeon waved her hand dismissively. 

"Oh. Don't you miss them? I mean, going out with them occasionally?"

"Sometimes I do. It's just that we're all too busy to even have a quick dinner." Taeyeon went back to face the road as the light turned green.

"Oh. That's a little sad." Tiffany mumbled. 

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. Taeyeon is handling the business quite well. When everything's settled, I’m going to invite them out." She offered a small smile to Tiffany and instantly regretted what she said. . Stupid. Stupid! STUPID. .

"Oh, speaking of which. I haven't met your sister." Tiffany sounded a little too excited at the mention of meeting her.

"Whaaaat..."

"I want to meet your family, Tae. How about I start by meeting your sister?" 

. That would be the death of me. "Ah, she’s quite busy these days." She chuckled awkwardly and inwardly sighed in relief when they were a block away from Tiffany's place. "And she lives in the states. She barely comes home."

"How about you invite her for a vacation? Maybe a week or two?"

"Hah..." Taeyeon's grip on the steering wheel was getting tighter at each passing second. "I'll try but no promises." She inwardly sighed in relief, again,when they pulled out in front of Tiffany's apartment. "Okay, you're home now." She quickly unbuckled Tiffany's seatbelt and unlocked the door. 

"But..." Tiffany was quite confused when the other girl tried to get rid of her as fast as she could. 

"I know, I know. Good night. See you when I see you." Taeyeon cut her off and placed a chaste kiss on Tiffany's lips, knowing that it would do wonders.

"Okay!" And just as she thought, Tiffany didn't bother to argue anymore. "Message me when you get home, okay?" She leaned in to kiss her cheek before getting off the car. 

Taeyeon waited until the girl had disappeared into the building before letting out a frustrated scream. "I HATE YOU SO MUCH TAEHYUNG!" She banged her head on the steering wheel a couple of times before driving away.

===
A/N: Okay, so Imma leave this update right here and I'll call it a day. Good night everyone! :)