(10)

Different
===

Ring, ring, ring

Taeyeon almost threw her phone in surprise when her call was answered.

“Hello?” Came out the all too familiar voice of her brother.

“FIRST OF ALL, I HATE YOU. SO MUCH!” She didn’t even bother to greet him properly and went straight to it. “AND SECOND.” She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. “Thank you so much for the new car. I’m totally in love with it.”

Taehyung chuckled at his sister’s mood swings before speaking. “I’m glad that you liked it. I’m sorry if it took me so long to get one.” 

“What? It’s totally fine.” Taeyeon waved her hand dismissively and almost forgot why she called him in the first place. 

“So what made you call me?” The young man gasped dramatically through the phone. “Oh my! Did you miss me Noona~” 

Taeyeon grimaced at the grossly-try-hard cute voice. “NO.”

“Then why did you call?” She could totally imagine him pouting sadly and pretending to sulk. 

“What the hell have you been telling your clingy girlfriend?!”

“But Fany isn’t that clingy, Taengoo~”

“Really now?”

“Okay, maybe she is.” He chuckled, much to his sister’s annoyance. “So how are you guys doing?” He asked in a very teasing voice.

“I HATE YOU.”

“Oh, please. No you don’t~” Taehyung laughed hysterically on the other line. “So? Tell me.”

“You should be telling me things, stupid! Not the other way around.”

“Fine.” He sighed dramatically. “I told her I went to the tropics to handle some business over there.

“What?!” Taeyeon pulled back her phone to look at it in disbelief. “And what kind of business do we even have there, huh?!”

“Uh…”

“What the hell?! You’ve been lying to her all this time?!”

“Well, technically no… But…”

“You’re a stupid, douchebag!” Taeyeon cut him off before he could say a word. “Just break up with her already!”

“But I can’t~”

“What?! Why?!”

“Just because~” He chuckled and Taeyeon wondered if her brother was even sane in the first place. “Oh! I have to go now. Talk to you some other time, Taengoo~ Please take care of Fany, okay~ Bye~ I love you lots~ Mwah!” He made a smooching sound before the call was ended.

“What the freaking hell, Taehyung?!” She almost screamed at her brother’s caller ID in her phone.

===