(16)

Different
===

It was one of those Saturdates. After too many unnecessary arguments, Taeyeon had finally convinced Tiffany that they would spend their dates at her (technically her brother's) place on Saturdays. So here they were seated side by side, of course Taeyeon tried to sit as far away as she could but Tiffany would not let that happen, as they waited for the cupcakes. 

She felt that eerie vibe that sent cold chills down her bones as they watched a random show on TV. The feeling was quite familiar to her, it was as if something bad would happen. And when she decided to turn to Tiffany and their eyes locked in an instant, she knew she was going to get into trouble again.

"Oppa."

"Huh?"

"I've been meaning to ask you this." Tiffany's voice was filled with worry that made Taeyeon even more uneasy.

"What is it?" Taeyeon shifted in her seat and was about to successfully make a few distance away from the girl when Tiffany conveniently placed her hand on her knee, immediately stopping her. 

"Did you get sick when you were overseas?"

"What?"

"Because I've noticed you lost a lot of weight." Tiffany gently reached out for the girl's arm.

"D-did I?" . But Taehyung wasn't fat! He doesn't even have that bulky body! . 

"Yeah. I think you lost about 10 pounds." Tiffany caressed her arm lightly which made Taeyeon shiver. 

"Okay, okay. Stop that." Taeyeon squirmed out of her hold and sat at the end of the couch. "I'm not sick, okay?"

"Then why are you skinny like this." 

"Because...!" . Think. Think Kim Taeyeon. Think fast! Think like your stupid twin brother! "I've been eating fruits and vegetables for most of my visits there." . But Taehyung loves meat! .

"Really? How come? You love meat too much."

. She knew! Stupid, of course she would! She's his girlfriend, you ! "I tried to stay away from it."

"Why would you do that?"

"I met this grandma on one of my trips and said I should eat more fruits and vegetables since my skin was getting dry." . THAT'S THE LAMEST EXCUSE EVER!!! 

"Oh." Tiffany furrowed her brows for a while but it was quick to disappear. "Ah, I think you mentioned that before. I can't quite remember it well but you did mention about someone who changed you or something." 

"Hah..." Taeyeon could feel the cold sweats running down her neck as she laughed awkwardly. "Yeah. That must be it." And as if on cue, the timer dinged and she stood up in an instant. "Last to get into the kitchen will clean the pans!" She ran to the kitchen as if her life depended on it, leaving a very amused Tiffany behind.

===