Start

Say Yes

“Park Minah.” Luhan called quite startled by the woman standing before him. “Hi Luhan.” She gave him a shy smile that got him curious. She was never shy with him. The boys excused themselves to give the two a time to talk. “I thought you’re in Europe.” That’s what her father told him when they had a board meeting three weeks have passed. “Oh I took care of something important abroad.” She replied softly that got him more surprised. “So do you have anything to tell me?” he asked as he offered her to sit opposite him in a table by the doorway. “I won’t take much of your time seeing you have something to do.” She sighed and he nodded. “I just want to say sorry to you. I realized I’ve been selfish the entire time. I never considered your feelings and opinions. It might have been the reason why you never really loved me.” She lowered her head and Luhan reassured her that it was nothing to him. It was all in the past as well. “I’m not asking you to come back to me by the way but I hope you can let me at least become a friend?” she looked up and smiled when Luhan gave her a smile. “Why not? We can be friends.” He held out his hand and she shook it happily with tears in her eyes. “And oh!! I just want to let you know that by next week I’ll be working in my father’s company.” She said proudly. “That’s good Minah.” She nodded before saying “I can’t always be a princess and spend off money I didn’t work for right? I need to do something as what you’ve told me.” Luhan was touched that she actually took his words by heart. “And I’m so happy to hear all of these from you. So I guess I’ll be seeing you lurking around your father’s office and mine too from now on.” She nodded. “It was nice seeing you again Luhan and you better go now. You’re friends are waiting.” Luhan agreed and left her inside the café. He jogged towards EXO and they all went to play soccer.

While the EXO boys were playing soccer, the Girl’s generation squad was at Kris’ orphanage with their kids helping out by feeding the other kids. Hyoyeon groaned and eyed her son who was busy disturbing a girl who was eating. She stomped her feet towards him and scooped him up. “What are you doing young man?” she asked holding him up in the air by his armpits. “Omma I want to eat.” He replied. “No. these are not for you.” She put him down and gave him a little push outside the dining room. “Go back to the kid’s playroom and play with your friends.” She said and watched as little Namjoo turn around a corner. “Miss Hyo we have enough food for your kids. It’s okay you know.” A short and frail-bodied lady told her and her friends. “No it’s not okay. They’re disturbing our work.” Hyoyeon replied. “Hyoyeon don’t be strict with Namjoo. He’s just four.” Yoona patted her back. “But I think Hyoyeon’s right. And besides, we already gave them their food.” She then added.

They finished feeding the kids and now it was time for their afternoon rest. “Let’s take some rest now dearies.” Taeyeon called and lead the children to their bedrooms. “Unnie I’ll call the kids. They need to rest as well.” Seohyun then went to fetch the nine kids that were tired of playing. “Omma!!” Kyungsan exclaimed and ran to Seohyun. Seohyun giggled and caught him in her arms and carried him. “Kids it’s time to take a rest.” She motioned for them to crowd around her.  She shifted Kyungsan to her left and carried Sarang by her right. The rest of the kids clutched her long flowy skirt. When they reached the bedroom, Seohyun told them to be extra quiet as the other kids were already sleeping. She slowly opened the door and one by one, the kids went to their mothers who were busy arranging pillows for them in a spare king-sized bed. Tiffany carried Sarang from Seohyun and thanked the younger girl. The kids, still maintaining the silence, made their way up the bed with the help of their mothers. “Everything settled?” Sooyoung asked the kids and their mothers. “Nope. Not yet.”Jessica replied while crossing her arms. The other 8 ladies turned to her and found her glaring at her daughter Jimin who was clinging onto a bedpost of one kid. “Come here now. You’re gonna wake her up.” She said softly careful not to awaken the sleeping kids. “Omma I want to sleep beside her.” She pointed to the girl sleeping on the bed. Taeyeon went to them and asked “Why? Don’t you want to sleep with your friends?” Jimin shook her head before saying “Jimin always kicks me out of bed.” She pointed to Taeyeon’s son who happened to share the same name with her. “Okay. We’ll move you next to Hayoung okay?” then Jimin let go of the bed post and let her mom carry her to their assigned bed. “Why’d you have to be so hyperactive Jimin-ah.” Sunny giggled as she caressed the boy’s face. “Okay no noise from you guys.” Taeyeon reminded and they all left their kids to sleep.

They were now taking a break with two workers by the kitchen of the orphanage. “I’m so surprised by the details of this orphanage.” Yuri commented as she roamed her eyes to the kitchen and drank her hot tea. “Yeah I know. It’s feels like a real home with really big rooms. I wouldn’t mind living here.” Hyoyeon also voiced her opinion. “Did you help Kris oppa with the construction of this orphanage unnie?” Seohyun asked Sooyoung knowing that they were business partners in the school. “Oh no. This orphanage is by Kris only. It’s his passion in life. And I myself am shocked. I never thought he would really build a mansion for twenty kids.” Sooyoung replied. “Kyungsan even told me once that he wants to live here.” Seohyun said to which her unnies nodded. “Yeah the bedroom is so big and full of colors. Plus there are other kids to play with so it wouldn’t be boring.” Hyoyeon said. “Madam Min is it hard taking care of kids in such a big house?” Sunny asked the middle aged woman. “Well, looking after kids is always hard but I love kids. Besides, young master always checks on us. We practically live like the owners of this mansion.” Madam Min replied and the frail-bodied girl with the name Jiwon nodded. “So you applied to be workers here?” Tiffany asked and the two shook their heads. “No Miss Tiff. Madam Min and I are originally maids at young master’s family’s house until he recruited us here.” They nodded and proceeded with other topics.

Later on, they all decided to take a rest at a guest room. Seohyun excused herself saying she wants to work on her novel. She brought with her her drabble notebook and pen. She went out of the subdivision and walked to a nearby park that had a lake that Kris’ once told her. She sat down under the shade of a tree and watched families having a picnic on the other side of the lake. She sighed and examined the peaceful surrounding around her. To her right, there was a curved bridge that connected the two soils in each side of the lake. It had railings with ornate carvings. She found that it was newly renovated by the fresh-looking varnish. The lake had steady ripples that Seohyun observed for quite some time. Finding her inspiration already, she wrote down on a blank page of her notebook.

The lady who was mad found her peace as she felt the nature caress her tired body.

She smiled as the gentle cool breeze kissed her face. She thought of what her friends told her.

‘You ought to find someone to caress you when you’re tired. No one lives without yearning for love.’

They were wrong. That’s what she thought.

She opened her eyes and saw teenage girl fall out of her bike then a boy came up to her and they smiled to each other.

‘Success is not everything in the world. You need to find your happiness and feel like a true woman.’

The lady who wasn’t mad anymore smiled and shook her head.

They were wrong. What do they mean by ‘feel like a true woman?’ She is a woman.

It was her dream to become successful and she felt satisfied that indeed she was. Nothing can satisfy her more.

She shifted her gaze to the lake’s water. It was calm. Like her. And clear.

But it was also visible that there were some trashes in its soil. It was visible to her eyes.

The lake was beautiful but it had no life.

Somehow she felt the same deep inside.

“Wow you’re quite an emo.” Seohyun gasped and turned to see who the intruder was. “Hi! You’re in my usual spot.” The unknown man sat down beside her. “Did you read?” she asked giving him a horrified look. The man faced her and gave her a sweet smile. Seohyun looked away feeling flushed. “I can’t help it. I’m sorry.” “That wasn’t so nice of you.” She replied still looking away. “I know. Anyways, you seem to be new to this place.” He said in a friendly tone that even though Seohyun knew talking to strangers is not good, she felt comfortable with him. “Yes. I was just taking a break.”

Soon, the two chatted and found that they shared quite a lot of interests. They both like reading, kids, writing, and so much more. When it’s almost five, Seohyun stood up and told the man that she needed to go. The man quickly offered to walk her and she reluctantly nodded. “You don’t need to fear me. Do I look like a criminal?” he faced her and extended his arms sideways as if telling her to have him body-checked. “Well, the most wanted criminals don’t look like criminals.” She said and told him to stop gathering attention. “Oh. Is that so?” he pouted and scratched his head. Seohyun found it cute and giggled. As they were walking back to the subdivision, the two kept talking like long-time friends. Seohyun was surprised of herself that she felt really comfortable with him. She felt like he knew everything about her already. “This is your stop.” He said and gave her his farewell. “Wait!! I realized we haven’t introduced ourselves to each other.” Why did we even forget that? She thought to herself. “I’m Seo Joohyun by the way. Call me Seohyun.” She extended her hand and the guy shook it happily.

“Nam Joohyuk.” Then they separated with wide smiles on their faces.

__________-

Park Minah is back!!! and i hope you know who's nam joohyuk..kekekeke. and about the last chapter...i wanted to slap myself for making that flashback part but i think it's essential for character development especially on Luhan's part.