UNEASY

Say Yes

Seohyun heaved a frustrated sigh as she heard the loud crying of her son from the second floor. She tiredly stood up from the wooden floor and quickly went down from the attic -leaving the opened boxes of her old and unused stuff- to attend her impatient child. “Hussshhh now Kyungsan-ah omma is here.” She cooed as she patted the crying child who was having an early morning tantrum. The sound of the doorbell caught Seohyun’s attention as she wondered who would pay a visit that early in the morning. Looking back to Kyungsan who wouldn’t stop crying, she decided to carry him and walked down to check the person outside. She opened the door with her left hand as her right one secured Kyungsan on her right hip. “Oh! Sooyoung unnie!” Seohyun exclaimed happily. “Seohyun-ah good morning. Sorry I didn’t inform you about me coming over. Oh why is the little angel crying??!!” Sooyoung said as she held her arms out to carry Kyungsan. “Ah it’s okay unnie. I was just cleaning the attic. Baby, meet aunt Sooyoung.” Seohyun said and let Sooyoung carry Kyungsan to her arms. “Come in unnie.”

Seohyun did not need to be told and quickly scurried to the kitchen to prepare snacks for her guest. She placed the hot chocolate drink and her newly-baked raisin cookies that the older lady was patiently waiting for on the center table and sat down beside Sooyoung on the sofa. “Unnie is there anything I can help you with?” Seohyun asked softly that amused Sooyoung. Instead of answering her question, Sooyoung gave her a loving look while carrying Kyungsan who calmed down after having a taste of his mom’s cookies. “Nothing really maknae. I just wanted to make up the time lost between us. And just look how much change that time brought you. I’m still too overwhelmed with the Seohyun beside me now.” Sooyoung said and Seohyun smiled in return. “Oh by the way, what are you doing in the attic?”

“I was looking at my old stuff. Just reminiscing the past.”

“Oooohhh. I love reminiscing past. I’ll join you.”

“Let’s put Kyungsan to the playroom first.”

After leaving Kyungsan to play on his own, the two went to the attic where Seohyun left some of the big boxes opened. “You’ve quite a lot of stuff here.” Sooyoung commented. The two rummaged over the boxes of different sizes. Sooyoung felt touched when she found that Seohyun managed to keep the presents she and the rest of Girls Generation gave her when they graduated from high school. Seohyun gathered the books she was planning to give out to the orphanange when she found one that immersed her to a particular event in her life. She ran through the pages and just like what she expected, a photograph was secured in between the pages. She took it out and immediately smiled. “What’s that?” Sooyoung asked after noticing that the younger one had stopped her work. She walked towards her and sat down beside her. “Awww both of you are too cute for words.” She said as they looked at a picture of Seohyun and Luhan during their Foundation Anniversary celebration back in high school. Seohyun was in her element as she crossed her arms and smirked in the photo- her long straight hair and bangs were wet with sweat while Luhan who was wearing his sparkly jacket coolly draped his arm around her shoulders. The photo was taken by Mr. Lu after their group performances. Seohyun performed “Into the new world” with her sunbaes whom she learned to call unnies and Luhan performed “MAMA” with his own group called EXO whom he could not care less. “Those were the times.” They both managed to say at the same time. Yes, those were the times when they were ones so carefree and free-spirited. Now those times are now part of the sweet past as they are already adults with children to look after.

 

It was already nighttide and Sooyoung was still hanging out with Seohyun in the younger girl’s house. Seohyun was preparing dinner in the kitchen when Sooyoung noticed a red car parked just a few meters away from Seohyun’s house. She went down to ask about it. “Seohyunah!” She called while carrying Kyungsan. “Yes unnie.” “Do you know whose car is outside your house?” She asked. “What car?” Seohyun turned to her still sautéing beef in onions and garlic. “I saw a red car parked a few meters away.” Sooyoung replied and placed Kyungsan on the counter. “Auntie water please!!” Kyungsan told Sooyoung and Sooyoung quickly got him a glass from the ref and pinched his cheeks. “Maybe the neighbor’s. I’m not really aware what kind of cars my neighbors use though.”

“I don’t know maknae. I feel uneasy with that car. I feel like someone’s inside watching over your house.”

“Unnie you’re being paranoid like Han oppa. It’s nothing.”

“Just be careful.”

“Okay.”

Sooyoung left her house by 8:30 and saw that the car was still there. As her car passed by the red car, she contemplated whether or not what she was right. Through the tinted glass of the red car, vaguely, she saw a man grinning at her.

___________________________

this is a short one.