School Administrator

Say Yes

Seohyun was driving with Kyungsan at the passenger seat who was munching on a cookie to her old house where her father was still residing. She makes sure that she visits him at least once a week because she felt sorry and at the same time worried for her father’s state. Most of the time Luhan would visit with them but work sometimes prevents him to do so and this day was one of those unfortunate moments. Seohyun was wearing a white maxi dress and black flat sandals. She carried with her a red sling bag and she wore black sunglasses and she let her long wavy hair dangle. On the other hand, Kyungsan was looking cute with his navy blue sweater over his green shirt and cream colored pants paired with his brown sneakers.

After an hour and a half, Seohyun and Kyungsan finally arrived at her father’s house.  She smiled seeing the renovation her dad probably did. The wooden house that was once all dark brown was now white-washed; totally eye-catching. She also noted the well looked after flower garden that had various flowers blooming. The fences were also repainted with white to compliment the house’s look. “Grandpa!!!!” Kyungsan yelled and ran off with his short legs to his grandfather who was sipping his tea and reading newspaper by the porch. Kyungsan, who was a few inches shorter than the wooden gate called cutely for his mom to open it. Seohyun waved to her father who was waving back before going to her son and opening the gate. Kyungsan ran and jumped to his grandfather and Mr. Seo laughed when the little boy literally clung to him like a koala. “Hey buddy!!” he said then ruffled the boy’s brown hair. “My princess.” He then said as he hugged Seohyun. “The house looks new. I thought I lost my way.” Seohyun and her dad laughed.

The inside of the house was still the same. Seohyun’s amateur paintings were still proudly attached to the wall, the grand piano was spotless and was as good as new and her old room was still blue. “Don’t ever think of changing the wallpaper of this room into pink.” Her father said placing a hand on her shoulder. Seohyun smiled. “As far as I remember, it was you who was always begging me to have a more girly theme for my room.” She snickered remembering the old days when her dad would just come in her room and roam his gaze around it while shaking his head sideways for her to know he didn’t like a single bit of it. “Well I miss that boyish girl. She’s a grown up lady now.” Mr. Seo caressed Seohyun’s face as she patted his hand.

Seohyun and Mr. Seo spent the whole afternoon teaching Kyungsan how to paint and play the piano. They had their usual tea and cookies for snack that they all made. By the end of the afternoon, the two boys decided to have a grandfather and grandson bonding while Seohyun took the opportunity to stroll around her old neighborhood. She waved at familiar faces as it was reciprocated with wide smiles. They would complement her for growing up well and she would shyly brush it off. Seohyun stopped in front of the private backyard she used to play with her guy friends and reminisced her past. She remembered how rash she was with all her actions and how she was so carefree. The old times are amazing. She thought to herself.

Suddenly, an old woman in her mid-sixties approached her. “Seo Joohyun? Is that really you?” Seohyun turned and was shocked to see Mrs. Song standing there with an equally-shocked expression. Mrs. Song was one of the notable figures of her childhood. She was the owner of the private lot and would always yell at them for breaking things during their playtime. Seohyun remembered how the old grumpy lady called her a rascal for being unfeminine before. She must be shocked because of Seohyun’s transformation. “Yes it’s me ma’am.” She replied in a soft feminine voice not like her loud ways before. Seohyun was sure she saw tears from the old lady for a second before she wiped it off with her white handkerchief. “Oh how time flies so fast? I can’t believe you became like your mother. Am I dreaming?” She smiled. The two continued to talk mostly about their lives after she left. When Seohyun showed a picture of Kyungsan to the fine lady, Mrs. Song giggled because she immediately deduced who the father was.

“I always knew you and that boy would end up like this.” Seohyun glanced to her before shyly looking down. “It’s not like that ma’am. Luhan and I aren’t together. We’re just best friends like before.” Mrs. Song gave her a confused look. “You’re not together? Not married?” Seohyun shook her head. “We never saw each other more than friends. And if you ask about Kyungsan….” Seohyun breathed in and out heavily before continuing. “It was an accident when we both got drunk.”

Everything was silenced. Not a single noise was heard and Seohyun was feeling too uncomfortable with the lady who she knew was a fine and proper one. To her surprise, the old lady only sighed and tucked her hair behind her ear before saying “It did you good though. You finally found the woman in you.” Seohyun faced her and the lady smiled. “What happened to your relationship afterwards?” Mrs. Song asked giving Seohyun a loving gaze as she caressed the younger lady’s hair. “We remained very close. In fact we’re closer now than before because of Kyungsan. He once offered me marriage but I refused. I don’t want to have us marry each other just because I got pregnant. It’s enough that he makes time for Kyungsan and he supports us both as a best friend and a father.” She replied feeling grateful to the said guy. “So you don’t see him as a man?” Seohyun didn’t answer for she was pondering about it.

Don’t I see him as a man? I don’t know. He’s my best friend for sure and my feelings for him are the same as ever.

The question was left unanswered and the two separated after talking about other topics. When Seohyun reached home, she immediately changed clothes and made dinner. By 10 pm, they all slept. Mr. Seo was in his room, while Seohyun and her son were in her room.  She was humming a lullaby for Kyungsan when her phone beeped signaling that someone was calling. Luckily, Kyungsan already drifted off to sleep. Seohyun checked the caller I.D. and immediately answered when she found out it was Luhan. The two chatted for a while before Luhan told her to sleep for it was already late.

The next day after eating breakfast at her father’s house, Seohyun with Kyungsan went home. On their way, Seohyun’s phone beeped. She saw that it was Luhan so she answered it right away. “Good morning oppa.” She said brightly. “Joohyun-ah I’m already outside your house. Where are you?” Luhan asked. They were planning to check out nearby preschools for Kyungsan that day because they will be sending him to school the next year. “Almost there oppa. Oh!! I see you now!!” Seohyun cheered and Kyungsan followed suit. “I see appa!!! Omma appa!!” Kyungsan shouted in joy to his mom as he pointed his father through the glass window of their car. Luhan laughed as he waved his hand to the car approaching.

Luhan and Seohyun decided to leave Kyungsan to Luhan’s father as they went to look for nice schools. The old man gladly accepted feeling even with his best friend who got Kyungsan all for himself the day before. The two went off to a newly built nursery school located just a little bit away from Seohyun’s house. They both thought that the location of the place was a lot safer as it was located in a subdivision where only 3 buildings occupied. Also it had a large playground where students can play around. “Hhhmmm.. I think this is good oppa. It’s not that far from our house and I have more than enough time to drop Kyungsan here every day.” Luhan nodded. He too was convinced that the school was indeed a good choice. “Now we’ll have to talk to the administration.”

Luhan and Seohyun made their way across the hallway full of butterfly and flower cut-outs. They were both amused of the colorful artworks hanging on the rainbow-colored walls and the classrooms that had all types of kids’ toys. “I’m sure Kyungsan would love it here.” Luhan commented as Seohyun tugged his shirt while squealing at the sight of children singing the alphabet song in a classroom.

They reached the office where Luhan intended to have some inquiries. Seohyun felt like roaming around more so she asked Luhan if he could just enter the office alone. Luhan agreed and soon Seohyun left him to do the questionings.

Seohyun took out her phone and took multiple shots of the kids’ artworks in display. She remembered her childhood. She saw two little girls in pigtails and asked them to do a pose for her. The girls happily agreed and made hearts with their arms and hands curled over their heads while tilting their head and smiling. Seohyun thanked them and the little girls waved to her while shouting “Pretty unnie thank you!!!” Seohyun waved back as she was looking over her back to them. Because of this, she accidentally bumped into a hard-as-rock figure that was apparently on her way. “Oww owww owww.” She stumbled backwards almost falling if not for the big hand that grabbed her’s. “Watch out.” The man said with his deep voice while pulling her to stand up properly. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking.” Seohyun bowed feeling embarrassed.

“Seo Joohyun?” Seohyun’s ears perked after hearing the voice call her name. Not just her name but her complete name. She abruptly looked up and gasped while covering with her hands at the familiar figure in front of her.

“Kris sunbae?” she asked softly. Kris laughed which made her confused. “OMG!!! Is that really you spunky Seohyun?” Kris asked totally amused. He never thought they will see each other again after nine years. “Yes. People change over time you know.” Kris nodded as his curiosity aroused.

 “What are you doing here by the way?”

 “Oh checking out the school for my son.”

“You have a son?”

“Yes.”

“Well then I can assure you that this institution will take care of him and that he’ll have a great time.”

“How do you know? Does your child go here?”

“I don’t have a child. I’m still single. I own the school.”

Seohyun was amazed that she couldn’t help but clap her hands. Who would’ve thought that the cold-looking Kris had passion for kids?

Luhan glanced to all his directions while walking around the campus. He had already finished talking to the secretary and he was about to tell Seohyun about the school’s requirements for enrollment but she wouldn’t answer her phone. “Where is she?” He asked to himself. After a while he heard a familiar voice chuckling at the intersection towards the cafeteria. He sighed in relief. He then pursued the direction where her voice was heard.

“Seohyun.” Luhan’s brows furrowed seeing the unexpected companion of his best friend. “Oppa.” Seohyun smiled at him before glancing back to Kris. “Oh hi Lu. No work today?” Kris asked. Sometimes they would meet by chance as they’re both in the same business. “It’s not only you who can take a break you know.” Luhan said in his cold manner that Seohyun hated. “Oppa your mouth.” She eyed Luhan in disagreement while Kris just laughed it off coolly. “It’s okay Seohyunie. He’s always like that whenever meet.”  Seohyun glanced back to Kris and gave him a confused look. “We’ll we had some transactions before.” He answered the unspoken question.  Seohyun’s mouth formed an o as she nodded. She looked really cute that Luhan grew uncomfortable seeing her show her cute side to other people especially men. Added the fact that he was always suspicious of Kris’ real feelings and 10 other boys towards Seohyun since senior high school. “Why are you here Kris?” Luhan asked. Seohyun was the one who answered the question and Luhan swore he saw sparkles in her eyes. “Oppa Kris sunbae owns the school.” She showed him her brightest smile as an eyebrow managed to bolt up on his face. She’s acting like a teenage girl who just got her first crush. Tsk.

“Really? That’s great.” He sarcastically remarked. “Oppa I want this school. This is it.” Seohyun said. Luhan too liked the school as much but having Kris as the administrator and thinking of the possibility that he might be always in the school every time Seohyun drops off Kyungsan made him think twice. He didn’t want to give Kris that opportunity. “Well there are still other schools to check.” Luhan’s reply almost drained all of Seohyun’s surging energy. “But oppa I thought you like the school as well.” Seohyun gave him a hopeful gaze. Luhan was tongue-tied. He didn’t want to make her sad.

Knowing the situation, Kris finally decided to help the two. He cleared his throat grabbing the two shorter people’s attention. “Luhan can I talk to you?” he asked and the two gave him a curious look. “I want to show him something. Is that okay Seohyunie?” he asked and Seohyun nodded. “I’ll just stay in the cafeteria.” She said.

Luhan reluctantly followed Kris to a mini playground set. What does he want to show me? As far as I know there isn’t anything to talk about.  They each settled on two swings. “What is it?” Luhan asked. “I know why you’re thinking twice about the school. It isn’t about the facilities but because of me right?” Kris asked making Luhan shocked. Was I too obvious?

“You don’t have to feel threatened or something. Seohyunie to me is like a little sister. I never looked at her the way you do.” Luhan faced him and was greeted with a knowing look. “I don’t understand.” Luhan replied honestly. He never looked at her the way I look at her? Kris sighed realizing that the person next to him is totally unconscious of his own feelings. He shook his head and told the older guy that they needed to head back to Seohyun. He should realize it by himself. He thought.

“Waahh!! This school is so cheerful. I like it so much!!” Chen exclaimed happily as the other EXO boys followed him to the cafeteria. They planned to take a look at the newly built nursery school of their duizhang. “Duizhang also said that they made sleeping headquarters for the kids. I want to check them out later.” Tao giddily said as he tugged Sehun’s shirt. The boys were talking and laughing loudly with each other when they saw someone from high school that looked really different from back then. They stood there for a while contemplating whether or not their suspicion was really true.

Seohyun quietly ate her vegetable salad as she scanned the photos she took on her phone. “Seohyunaahh!!” She choked on her food when someone suddenly yelled her name. She looked up and saw Kyungsoo smacking Baekhyun’s head. The rest of the boys were either shaking their heads to Baekhyun or waving their hands to her. “Hi guys.” She stood up to welcome the approaching boys. “Seohyunah is that really you?” Jongin asked as he circled the lady. Seohyun chuckled. The past few days were spent accidentally meeting people from her past that it wasn’t surprising for her to be told about her transformation. “Yes it’s me. But don’t be swayed I still kick like a horse.” They all laughed and one by one they went near her and pinched her cheeks. “Aaawww Seohyunie is so cute.” They cooed and hugged her afterwards. Seohyun squirmed as she was feeling sandwiched by the men. “Guys I can’t breathe.” She said but the guys only squeezed her more. “Yaahh!!! Suho oppa, Lay not you too.”  She said.

“Omo!!” Kris exclaimed as he and Luhan were surprised seeing the rest of the EXO boys hugging Seohyun. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. He wanted to peel Seohyun off the wolves but he was afraid she might get mad at him so he just thought of what Kris said. She’s just a little sister. She’s just a little sister. He mentally replayed the words again and again in his mind slowly calming down but Kris told him something that set him frantic. “Seohyunie is a little sister to me but I never said she is to the boys. I remember how they admired and fantasized about her when she danced with her group in the school festival wearing her tank top and mini skirt before.” Kris said while smirking at Luhan.

“Yaahhh!!! Let go of her!!!” Luhan growled like a wolf while swiftly advancing to the group. 

_________________________

Hey guys!!! it's me.. please share your thoughts about the fic..thanks.