Bad Love

Say Yes

Seohyun thought of her conversation with her unnies earlier that day. They were right. Absolutely right. She had pushed Luhan in the losing end unintentionally in her overprotectiveness towards their son.   After their small talk, she made her way to check on Luhan with the boys drinking beer at the backyard of Kris' orphanage. She caught him sharing light talks with the boys and didn't seem to be in a downpour. As sadistic as she may have felt, she was disappointed that Luhan was quite fine not being with her. What the hell’s wrong with me?

 

Breathing slowly to calm a little bit, she then walked straight towards Luhan recognizing everybody else as they called to acknowledge her. "Oppa." She called and they both smiled towards each other. Hers though twitched almost right after seeing his "sunny" face. "Yes Hyun?" Luhan gave her a handsome bachelor smile. Almost irritating her. There she was worrying for him and admittedly missed him so much but he, on the other hand, looked like a freshly graduated who passed with low marks in which he got out of cheating his way 'til graduation.

 

"Kyungsan and I'll leave now. It's getting late."

"You want me to drive you home?" Luhan inquired as if in doubt.

Well if we’re not so much of a bother jerk!!!  Seohyun scowled in her head.

"No need I can drive." She said and received an airy smirk before he patted her right hip gesturing for her to take her leave. Seohyun just murdered Luhan a million times in a million ways in her head. She faked a smile as she bid farewell to the rest.

"Text me when you get home."

No way you er!!  Seohyun cursed in her head.

"Yeah sure."

 

When he was sure that she had completely left, Luhan chuckled to himself. The rest of the boys who did not miss his cockiness earlier gave him confused and unsure looks.

"Luhan hyung what are you trying to aim here actually? You're irritating us." Chanyeol said.

"Yeah I was even shocked that Seohyun didn't get annoyed and beat the out of your ty face a while ago hyung. She must be immuned by now." Kyungsoo commented.

"Oh, dear friends. I bet all our lives she's more than beating the out of me in her head right now." Luhan saif in between giggles.

"May I ask what is your point in getting on her nerves a while ago Luhan hyung?" Suho inquired.

 Luhan gave them all a naughty smile before sipping on his beer. Gone was the demented Luhan just a few minutes ago. Here was the demon with them.

"Simple. So she'll dream of me when she sleeps." Luhan let out a loud hearty laugh as his friends groaned and eyed him grudgingly.

__________________________

"Well he's an ugly smelling rodent!" Seohyun kicked her blouse on the tiled floor and ped her pants. "Okay!!! So he isn't infact affected in any way. Seohyun you're such an annoying loser!!" She stepped into the glass shower cubicle and turned the shower lookwarm. She needed to calm her nerves down especially that Kyungsan is not asleep yet.

"Son of a ." She muttered under her breath. She wanted to feel remorseful for cursing but to hell with that! Luhan just stepped on the line whether he did it on purpose or not. Ransacking her brain for noble insults would only be tiring and unsatisfactory. " you Lu!!!"

 

Seohyun groaned as she found her self wide awake all of a sudden. Her phone had been ringing for who knows how long. She looked at the caller ID and immediately scoffed although she wouldn't deny that she felt excited knowing that he called.

"Hello." She said in a low tone making sure her excitement was hidden by her tone of annoyance. "Oh feisty!!" Luhan teased from the other line.

"What do you want?!" Seohyun looked to her digital clock by the night stand. "It's effing only 3 in the morning oppa!!!" She heard him chuckle and instantly her stomach dived into twists and turns that she can't help but feel the heat rush to her cheeks that stretched the ends of her lips into a smile.

"Look I'm sorry. I just wanted to check on you. You didn't send me a message."

"And you decided to inquire at 3 in the morning?" Seohyun rolled her eyes.

"Okay. It's not only that. I want to tell you something." Seohyun didn't know but she found herself unable to breath. Was it because she was anticipating something? Maybe an apology? or her hand perhaps? The latter made her heart beat so much faster and harder to breathe properly.

"Wh-what is it?" She stammered.

Luhan suddenly went silent for a good moment. Seohyun realized it was serious business when he took more time in dead air than whenever he was teasing her.

"Father. He asked me to meet someone yesterday."

"So?"

"She's the daughter of a business partner."

"Oh." That was all Seohyun managed to say and she dreaded what she knew was coming next.

"You know like get to know her more. I met her earlier today and she was quite lovely. I told her about you and she said she wants to see you. So tommorow? Father's house at around 3 in the afternoon so you can have enough rest. Bring Kyungsan of course she wants to meet my baby." Luhan said in one breath giving Seohyun longer time to process her thoughts.

Our baby. Seohyun corrected him in her head. Seohyun's face crumpled as tears accumulated ready to fall like the Niagra falls from her stinging eyes. She struggled with her sobs though but she was able to utter a quick "Okay."

A brief pause happened again and Seohyun took this time to cry silently out of fear. Jessica was right. Men have limits even her uncle got tired so he looked for another woman to be with his son. And the most painful above all is that Luhan was enthusiastic about it. So you don’t love me anymore oppa?

"Hyun you still there?" She heard Luhan talk so she breathed deeply.

"Yeah. Anything else Luhan?" She was now irritated. Not wanting to hear his voice more. All it did whenever he spoke to her that day was hurt her.

"It's fine with you right?" He sounded so unsure. How could he when he knows she loves him.

"Yeah sure."

Seohyun bid farewell to Luhan over the phone and hung up.

_________________________

"I can't do this." Luhan felt his heart ache. He knew she was hurting. He knew from her voice that he knew so well. "I don't want to do this dad. Let's just cancel everything. Please." Luhan begged.

Mr. Lu felt sad for his son and Seohyun but he had to do this because he made a promise.

"And let me break my promise to a dear friend? Luhan just do it." He turned his back to Luhan giving him the message that everything was final. They're gonna break hearts tomorrow as much as he hated.

What did I get myself into?  Luhan resigned to his bed clouded with thoughts of Seohyun. Was she crying by herself? Or with Kyungsan wrapping his short limbs around her? Perhaps she called her friends for comfort? Luhan didn't know.  But he sure felt like a jerk. No not felt, he was a jerk for agreeing. How could he do this cruelty to Seohyun? All he wanted was to be with her.  *Why did it turn out this way?* He groaned and angrily scratched his head with both hands. How he wished he did not ask help from his father. Now he's got one more problem to deal with. What if Seohyun despises me now? No it wasn't an IF, it was the future. Seohyun will definitely hate him.

______________________

"Seohyun?" Jessica answered her phone.

"Unnie you're right." Seohyun sobbed. Crying her heart out like a child on her bathroom floor. She had moved to the seclusion of her bathroom and turned her shower to cover her sobs. The least thing she wanted was for her child to know she was crying and more the reason behind why she was crying. It was enough that she was in pain but not Kyungsan who from the start was fed by the idea that his parents will eventually be together.  "About?" Jessica asked feeling alarmed of her cries and went directly to their balcony so as not to wake her husband. "Luhan. He found another woman now. I'm too late." Seohyun's tears descended from both eyes in a race. Jessica sighed and clutched the cold railing.

"So you know now huh?"

Seohyun stopped crying as she held her breath. "Wh-what?" Seohyun felt her body tense.

"Luhan told me earlier. Seohyun please don't cry." Jessica felt guilty inside. Seohyun why did you call me? Why me?

"He-he told you? Before me?"

"He told everyone before you. He needed the courage to tell you."

Time paused and Seohyun felt like a fool in all areas. "Everyone is worried of you. Especially Luhan."

Seohyun didn't reply for some time that Jessica thought she hung up. "Seo-

"Unnie you're invited tommorow?"

"Yes. Everybody."

Seohyun scoffed.

"Don't tell anyone about me crying or whatever. Better yet forget this conversation. I'll be fine now." She did not wait for Jessica to say another word and hung up. "I can't cry anymore. They shouldn't know." But it was too late. Her eyes are all swolen.

Tomorrow I’ll have to swallw my pride.

And Seohyun fell asleep dreading the coming day.

____________________________

What just happened?