Revenge

Say Yes

The next day just as planned, they all went back to the hospital to visit Sooyoung. Suho had gone earlier to check her in her own room and to tell the rest where it was located. The girls brought flowers and fruits and the boys happily brought themselves. Taehyung was also brought from the orphanage by Kris and immediately asked Kris to carry him up so he could sit on Sooyoung's bed. “Omma wake up!!” Taehyung tugged her hospital gown. He noticed the tubes connected to her mother and he wondered what were these. “What are these tubes for?” He asked as he wonderingly stared at the alien things.  The adults looked at one another and exchange telepathic messages to each other. Tiffany sighed and walked to the child. “Taehyung honey, you're omma is still sleeping. Help me arrange the flowers instead?” Taehyung was disappointed that he could not talk to his mom yet but it was a relief for him to know that his mom wasn't dead. Just sleeping. He pouted before he smiled at Tiffany and nodded in agreement.

“They bought so many fruits for noona but she can’t eat it. So what's the use?!” Tao blurted out as he was nonchalantly picking on random fruits. Baekhyun smacked his head and scolded him for being too blunt. “They might hear you!!! Especially Taehyung!!!” He whispered. Tao glanced sideways then turned to the shorter guy. “They didn't.I'm sorry hyung.” he apologetically said. The door pushed open and revealed Sehun that was still in his suit and tie. “Sehunah!!!” Tao exclaimed happily and the EXO boys crowded over him. “It's been a long time since you hung out with us.” Baekhyun commented and the rest nodded their heads. “I've been busy in the company. But Kris hyung talked to father already and assigned it to a substitute so I can visit noona and hang out with you.” “Have a sit Sehun.” Taeyeon offered the space on the sofa beside her. Sehun smiled and nodded at her. Kris had told him already that he was finally gaining the courage to talk to the woman and Sehun felt proud of his brother. “How's noona?” He asked and thanked Kyungsan who out of nowhere threw him an orange fruit. “She's fine now. We’re just waiting for her to wake up now.” Yuri whispered the second sentence of her reply. Sehun nodded and called for Taehyung. The child ran from Tiffany, still holding an unwashed apple to Sehun and Sehun carried him to sit on his lap. “How are you?” “I'm good!!!” Taehyung exclaimed.He ruffled the child's hair.

---------

“Ms. Park!” Luhan called for his secretary from his office to tell her to cancel his appointments for that day. But after a few minutes when she didn't come in, Luhan doubted she heard him so he called for the second time. “Ms. Park!” Still no sign of her entering, Luhan decided to go out and tell her. She wasn't in her post but the opened computer and her leather bag showed that she wasn't absent. Luhan looked around and seeing that she wasn't in sight, he walked to her table and looked for the files he needed. Fortunately, the top drawer was left open and it contained the documents he needed. As he was about to close the drawer, he found it hard to budge. He took a closer look and found a plastic stucked so he tried to pull it free. The plastic got torn and he was surprised to see the contents. Pills of different shapes, sizes and color were inside the transparent plastic mixed together. “What is this?” He wondered and opened the drawer fully. There he saw a crumped paper with red stains blotted like spots on it. He took the ball of paper to throw it away. She shouldn't mix office documents with trashes. He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head sideways. When he was about to put it in the trash bin, something fell from the ball of paper and he was again shocked to see a broken blade with rusty stains. He picked it up and observed it. Blade? He was confused as to why Minah had a blade in her drawer. What is this? blood? His eyebrows furrowed even more and he quickly placed the broken blade back inside the ball of paper where a lot more broken blades and what he assumed was dried blood were contained. He quickly placed the ball of paper and plastic of pills back in the drawer. He stopped for a few seconds and had second thoughts. Finally, he decided to take one broken blade to have it checked to see if the stain was indeed blood and one of each kind of pill to know what they were for. Luhan knew it was not good to meddle in other people's personal lives but the things he saw were alarming and he just needed to make sure there wasn't anything to worry about. He then went back inside his office.

“Minah seriously what are these flowers for?!” Minji asked suspiciously as she was again asked by Minah to buy a bouquet of red roses. “Minji You know what this is for.” Minah took the flowers from the skeptical girl. “Luhan? Seriously?! But he's not your boyfriend anymore Minah!!” Minah’s hand swifty slapped the woman across the face and Mini stumbled to one side as she caressed Her stinging cheek. “Shut your ing mouth because you don't know a single thing!!!!” Minah glared as she angrily spat at her. Minah controlled herself and breathed deeply. “It’s you not me Minah. You are delusional!! You believe in things we don't!!!” Minah squeezed Minji's shoulders and harshly shook it. “It's because you are a dumb !!!! Luhan loves me!!! He loves me and you're just jealous because he doesn't spare a single glance at you!!!” Minji gasped and was surprised with what she heard. “WHAT???!!!! What are you talking about???!!” Minji's voice roared and she was too overwhelmed with Minah's accusation. Minah smirked. “You're surprised? Guess you thought I hadn't noticed.But you always wanted his attention. So good bye now !!!!” Minah pushed her and she fell on the ground wide-eyed and gaping. “Minah!!!!!” She called but Minah did not look back to the cramped isle they secretly met.

Minah hurriedly walked to her car when the rain started to pour. She hadn't suspected Minji to have a liking of Luhan when they were still in a relationship honestly. But when the idea crossed her mind, she automatically believed in them and recalled the instances when they talked. Now I see why she doesn't want Luhan to love me. She stepped on the gas pedal and drove as fast as she can to the company building where Luhan was “waiting” for her. Not minding the stares of the other employees, Minah confidently walked passed them and to Luhan's office. “Come in.” she heard him say and she smiled as she carried with her the flowers inside the room. “Mr. Lu, another bouquet of flowers has been sent to you.” Luhan sighed and crossed his arms. “Didn't I tell you not to bring any more of those inside? Throw them away!!!” Minah gasped and walked nearer. “But you did not say anything like that!!” She exclaimed and her face was troubled. Luhan stared at her suspiciously. “Ms. Park are you sick?” Minah's eyes widened and she produced incoherent words. “What is that?!” Luhan asked once again. “I am not sick!!!!” Minah pointed to herself and glared at Luhan. The intense eye contact lasted for a few seconds before Minah clapped her hands and laughed. “The flowers!! She might have PICKed them herself!!!” Luhan was baffled by her drastic change of mood and at the randomness of her words. “And did you hear the door CLICK open??!!” Minah pointed to the doorknob. “Oh! And I remember Aurora PRICKed herself!!!” She continued with her rhyming. “Ms. Park!! Ms. Park!!!” Luhan had to yell twice when Minah didn't stop from talking randomly in such a fast manner that he couldn't keep up. “I'm going to give you a forced leave. You need rest.” He told her. Minah stood their motionless as her thoughts fought against each other. “Ms. Park please.” She heard Luhan speak so she bowed and went to her post to retrieve her things.

She drove fast to her home and dashed to her room not even sparing any word to the maids. Her tears rolled down her cheeks as she was growing frustrated with the thoughts in her brain. She hurriedly opened her computer and typed the password to her online journal.

Luhan asked me to take a leave. What was that all about?? I don't understand!!! I don't......

-------------

Tiffany turned the television on and settled on the floor beside Jessica as they waited for the live television interview of Chen. “I'm so excited!!!” Tao happily clapped his hands. Soon the cooking show that was before the show Chen was appearing ended and they all cheered when the soundtrack of the popular entertainment show played. “Good afternoon South Korea!!!” The female host started. “Today we are going to have a fun talk with the celebrities that came like tornado this year. We’re going to ask them questions that we've all been waiting to be answered. Both as a celebrity and as their personal selves. Today's guests are:...” Images of popular celebrities flashed and Chen's picture came as the third and last of them. “Chen! Chen!” They all cheered. “It's such a waste that Kris, Luhan, Lay and Baekhyun hyung aren't here to watch.” Kai commented. Baekhyun had left to take Taehyung back to the orphanage where the rest of the kids including the SNSD's children were playing. “Baekhyun 's surely watching the broadcast in the mansion.” Xiumin said and Kai nodded. Two commercial breaks passed before Chen was up in the lights. “Chen what can you say about the amount of fans you have garnered in such a small period of time?” the host asked and Chen chuckled cutely. The audience squeeled and his friends who were watching on the t.v. shook their heads at Chen's charm. “I am seriously so surprised. And overwhelmed.” Chen turned to the audience, stood up, and bowed. “Thank you.” He said. “What a nice guy you are Chen.” The host commented.

“Moving to the next question, rumors have spread that you are indeed the son of Mr. Kim the owner of KM entertainment agency. Is their legitimacy to that rumor Chen?”

“Yes. It is true.”

“So you're a Kim?”

“Yes, my real name is Kim Jongdae and I used to be a trainee at my father's company.”

“So what happened? Why hadn't you debuted under your family's company? Especially with that talent!”

“Well they were really planning to put me and Lay sunbaenim in a duo. But there were issues from the other trainees so I pulled out myself and totally stopped being a trainee.”

“What was the issue?”

“They begrudged me saying I was being pampered and given special treatment but that's not true. I trained as much as they did but you know.”

“I see, I see. it would have been nice to watch you and Lay perform together on stage.”

“Well if our companies allow us then both of us are really willing to. Lay sunbaenim is actually a really close friend of mine.”

“Chen another malicious issue has been thrown to you about being lazy and full of yourself. Mind giving your side?”

“I think that issue started yesterday when another show announced that my guesting got cancelled. Yes it's true that I was the one who cancelled it but I asked permission properly and my manager and the team behind the show agreed. I had a serious family matter that I had to attend.”

“So is there anything you'd like to say to those you are bashing you?”

“Well, I never really had serious enemies in my life so far so these things are new to me. Even having fans is new to me. To those who hate on me, I can't help you if you don't like me but I'm just gonna do what I know is right and more important. To my fans, thank you for coming and supporting me especially to my number one fan, my father. Thank you appa. And to my friends who are judging me right now in the orphanage, in their houses, and the hospital, I love you all. Sooyoung noona, please wake up now. Merry Christmas everyone!!!”

“Merry Christmas Chen-ssi. Let's give a round of applause to our rising superstar Chen!!!”

SNSD and EXO joined the audience in the TV in clapping their hands and cheering. Afterwards, they listened to Chen singing his rendition of the song I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.

“Chen looks so good in that hairstyle.” Hyoyeon commented as she stood up from the floor and grabbed a can of cola from the mini ref. “What is taking Chanyeol and Suho though. I'm hungry already.” Tiffany said and grimaced. “I'll call the orphanage and check on our kids.” Seohyun excused herself and went to one side and made a call. A few more minutes and Chanyeol and Suho came in with plastics of drinks and disposable utensils in hand. “Chicken!!!” Kai, who, self-proclaimed have a chicken-radar, childishly cheered. “Oh please Jongin. Calm down.” Kyungsoo crossed his legs and locked them at the ankles.

------------

Luhan went off from work earlier being free from his appointments. He immediately drove off to the hospital and went to Sooyoung's room. “Hyung!!!” “Sehun!!” Luhan was surprised to see the younger man in the room. “I've been waiting for you all day!” Sehun hugged Luhan and Luhan hugged him back and patted his back. “You've been here all day?!” Sehun nodded and told Luhan they all watched Chen’s interview together. “Man I missed his interview.” Luhan placed a hand on his nape. “That's all right. Kris hyung missed it too.” Luhan asked of Sooyoung's condition and they told him it was the same as before. “How about Hyunie?” He turned to all directions looking for the said woman. “She's at the rooftop calling uncle Seo.” Yuri answered him. Luhan nodded and exited. Jogging to a nearby elevator, he got in and pressed the button leading to the rooftop. “I forgot to eat dinner.” He told his reflection in the metallic wall.

“Hyunie.” Luhan softly spoke from behind. Seohyun turned around phone in her hand and smiled at him. “You're here. You finished work early?” Luhan nodded and dragged Seohyun to one corner and they both sat on the cold cement leaning on the cold railings. “What did uncle and appa say?” He asked as he wrapped Seohyun's frail shoulders with his coat. Seohyun thanked him and hugged the cozy jacket. “They're visiting next week after they finish the seminar they're attending now.” Seohyun replied. “Seminar? What kind of seminar?” “A seminar for planting sweet potatoes. They've been eating them a lot lately and now their planning to plant and sell sweet potatoes.” The two laughed. “Our fatherS are silly.” Luhan commented. “But cute.” Seohyun pointed out and faced Luhan. She then placed her head on his shoulder and stared at the phone in her hand.

----------

Minah stood up from her muddled thinking and decided to ask Luhan the problem. Why did he get mad at her? What did she do wrong? Probably Seohyun or Minji told him lies. She grabbed her car keys, ran to her car, and drove to the hospital where she was sure he was at. With sweats on her forehead and face paled with worry, she half walked half ran to Sooyoung's assigned room after she asked it from the front desk. The lady behind the desk noticed her depressed face and shrugged it off thinking she was another worried relative. “Excuse me!” Minah said as soon as she entered the room. “What is it Minah?” Jessica, shocked and weirded out by her just like the rest, asked. “Mr. Lu, where is he?” Minah was gasping for air. “Minah-ssi are you fine?” “Don't touch!! I'm fine!!” Minah smacked Suho's hand and yelled at him. “I-Im sorry. It's just urgent so I really need to talk to him.” “He-he's at the rooftop with Seohyunie.” Suho replied quite stunned. As soon as she heard that Luhan was with Seohyun, her blood boiled and she clenched her fists in anger. “Thank you.” She managed to give them all a smile before she ran once again to a nearby elevator. “What was that?” Kai and Baekhyun chorused.

-----------

Seohyun continued to stare at her phone and tthought of the recent calls and texts she received. She stopped at the last text of Nam Joohyuk and sighed. “What is it?” Luhan asked and she hummed as she didn't understand him. “Is something bothering you?” Seohyun removed her head from Luhan's shoulder and faced him. Luhan did the same and raised an eyebrow. “You're thinking of something and you won't tell me since yesterday.” he pinched her nose. “Joohyuk left. He's in Europe now.” Seohyun started, still staring in to his eyes and she saw the surprise and sadness in his orbs. “Why tell me now only?” She shrugged her shoulders and placed her head on his shoulder again. “Are you sad?” Luhan softly asked. “Disappointed.” Seohyun replied shortly. “You can cry to me. I'm here to comfort you.” Seohyun shook her head creating friction with Luhan’s shoulder. “I don't feel like crying.” “What do you mean?” Seohyun sat properly and wrapped her arms around Luhan's neck. “But if it was you who left, I would follow you and beg you to come back.” Luhan raised an eyebrow as Seohyun removed her arms around him. “I liked him and honestly I had high hopes but he disappointed me. But rather than getting sad and mad at him, I am rather thankful that he left before I completely fall for him. He was good to me and he showed his interest in me so naturally I began to like him. But love isn't proven in calm and happy days. It is only when you're willing to stay even in the angriest tidal waves of life. And he failed there.” Luhan gaped and chuckled as Seohyun whined. “You learned so much in just one heartbreak.” Seohyun slapped his arm and pouted like a kid. “I wont leave you.” Luhan said after a moment of silence. He faced Seohyun and tucked the hair that was blown by the cold wind to her face. “I know.” Seohyun replied still pouting and Luhan chuckled once again. “ Now now look at me.” he clipped his fingers under her chin and gently brought her face to face his. “Because I love you.” He bent down and captured her lips. Tears started to stream down Seohyun's face and she wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. Slowly and silently, they kissed. Taking their time as if they had all of it to spend. Luhan pulled Seohyun closer at the waist and deepened the kiss. Not like their first and certainly not like the way he kissed her when he was sick. Honest and childishly he kissed her and laughed into . Like a fool. He felt her smile against his lips and he smiled himself. What was the kiss for? It's not like Seohyun said the words he wanted her to say. That she loves him and is willing to take him as her man. But she was smiling and now she was laughing with him. Actions speak louder than words. Now that's a pull quote everybody knows and he remembered Seohyun telling him that she wasn't good in putting her feelings into words. “I love you.” he whispered against her lips and she smiled, nodded and kissed him again. “Me too.”

----------

Minah saw it all. Every crash of their lips, the movements of their hands as they wrapped them to one another, when they laughed, paused then laughed again and then kissed. It was too much that Minah froze. She was betrayed. By Luhan. And Seohyun? Seohyun always wanted to see her suffer and she was hurting her greatly. Minah ran and ran as images of them kissing flooded her mind. She slammed her car close and started it. “What should I do?!” She asked herself as she drove in so much speed. They don't deserve to be happy. Remember? I was murdered by your father's mistress. Don't let her take your happiness away. Luhan is yours. She needs to go. There it was again, the voice of her mother who died shortly after she graduated high school. Minah saw and heard the argument of her mother and their maid who was fake crying. ‘Madame please. I am not Mr. Park's anything!’ The maid who was a teenager denied. 'You cant fool me!! I know what the both of you are doing whenever I do my check-ups!!’ her mother yelled, veins popping out of her thin and long neck.'Madam please take your medicine so you'll calm down.’ “No!!” her mother produced a kitchen knife from her robe. Minah closed her eyes and whispered calming words to herself until she fell asleep. When she woke up, she saw the maid running out of the mansion and her mother at the end of the staircase, clutching the knife that was stuck to her stomach. ‘Omma!!!’ Minah ran to her mother who was on the verge of dying. 'Minah, listen to me. Your father is mine.’ Minah nodded. 'You will understand. Someday a will want to take your man but you won't allow that understand? Kill her if you must.’ Minah's mother laughed before finally losing her life.

 Minah nodded her head as she cried. “Yes omma.Yes omma.” Minah wiped her tears and hysterically laughed as she took a dangerous turn and headed to the orphanage.

__________

Second update!!! thanks for reading!!!