Sooyoung's Accident

Say Yes

Christmas was nearing, the season everyone had been patiently and eagerly waiting for. And this year, it was extra special for Chen and his loved ones. “Congratulations Chen!Chen!” everyone surprised him as he entered his house. Aside from the twinkling Christmas lights and giant white Christmas tree with glittery leaves and balls as embellishments he took part in putting up with his family, the room was jam-packed with gifts, flowers, dark blue colored balloons, food and a huge dark blue banner that ran from one wall to the railings of their circular staircase carried the words CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SUCCESSFUL DEBUT OF OUR SWEETY CHEN CHEN! He gasped and shed a tear as he was welcomed with warm hugs from his family and friends. “I’m proud of you son.” His father told him even though he could be a potential threat to his company since Chen had been garnering attention from the mass giving his rival company a point against their family talent agency. “Thanks dad.” He thanked him. “Now we have two superstars in the group!!” Tao exclaimed as he giddily hugged Chen. ‘We ain’t superstars.” Lay quickly told Tao and hugged Chen. Then Chen’s father told all of them to settle down so that they could start eating dinner together. It wasn’t really a grand party as Chen and his family wasn’t fond of extravagance despite being utterly rich. They all just had dinner and talked randomly while the kids enjoyed themselves with the balloons scattered on the floor and sticking up on the roof although they can only stare at them. “I was really shaking on stage really. I thought I would piss my pants.” Chen announced and they laughed. “But you looked really comfortable in the live broadcast though.” Joohyuk commented and Chen thanked him. They were now eating desserts and watching the rerun of Chen’s performance earlier that day. The stage had a dark theme and Chen was styled in smoky make-up and jet black suit to match the powerful song he was singing. In some instances, the camera shifted to the audience and most of them had their mouths hung open and hands clasped as if praying. Their faces intense and as the song finished, they all erupted with positive remarks. Watching himself on TV, Chen felt light-headed and nervous at the same time. Does Lay hyung feel this way everytime he performs on stage? He thought to himself as he took a glance at Lay who was busy admiring at the virtual Chen. Lay always seemed to be confident on stage and often times Chen would wonder what the guy had taken before every performance as his aura drastically changes from shy and gentle to a confident fired-up beast on stage.
The speakers boomed with loud music and all of them stood up to dance to a funny song. Kai was best at monkey-dancing. Being so full, Sooyoung had to pass and just watched everyone dance and have fun while she stood at the balcony feeling the cool breeze of the December night. Her eyes wandered from the children running around the adults as they were playing with each other, a loud bursting of a balloon came from the other side of the room that she couldn’t see. Then she looked at Yoona who hadn’t given up on her plate of cake yet and to Luhan who just went back to work, talking to his secretary Park Minah about something and lastly to Seohyun, Jessica and Joohyuk talking and laughing at each other as they grooved their bodies lightly to the music. The three noticed her looking at them and they waved at her. She waved back and they all smiled to her but something caught her attention and she felt an uneasy tingling in her stomach. She turned around and focused her gaze down to the line of cars outside the mansion. “What was that?” she muttered under her breath and rubbed her palms for warmth thinking all her might why she felt alerted and scared. Some random people were walking down the road brushing their hands over the line of cars. Her eyes widened as she remembered a not so distant memory. She turned around and scanned the room; the people had gone to different places. Some had sat down probably because of tiredness while the others walked to another side of the room and chatted. She caught sight of Baekhyun disappearing to another room and she quickly followed him.
“How’s work oppa?” Seohyun asked when she noticed Luhan hovering over her and Kyungsan. “Tiring as usual.” He squat down and took Kyungsan from her and took an inspection of the child’s face. “Gosh what happened to you little man?” he asked Kyungsan though he knew the child would not give him a rational reply. Kyungsan giggled at his parents as Luhan wiped the ice cream that stuck like glue across his left cheek and nose with his coat. “Ahhh!!” Kyungsan exclaimed when Luhan rubbed his face with too much pressure it hurt him. “Oppa you’re hurting him.” Seohyun told Luhan and turned Kyungsan and wiped his face with baby wipes. “I was about to clean him up you know.” She chuckled as Luhan completely sat down on the floor. “Oppa sit on a chair.” She told Luhan but it was as if Luhan didn’t hear her and just watched her as she cleaned their child. “Kyungsan?” Luhan called and the child turned to face him. “You want me as a daddy right? Not any other guy?” Seohyun glared at Luhan but he didn’t pay attention to her. “Yes!!” Kyungsan happily replied not truly understanding the question. Luhan smirked and ruffled the child’s healthy and thick hair. He turned to Seohyun and wriggled hi eyebrows. “Remember what our baby said Hyunie.”
Sooyoung was utterly overwhelmed and frightened with what she heard and witnessed. “Choi Sooyoung!!” Minah, who announced that she was leaving about half an hour earlier, alarmingly walked towards the shocked woman. “You’re crazy!!” Sooyoung walked backwards bringing herself to the edge of the staircase. “Guar--- Minah quickly covered Sooyoung’s mouth before she called attention and eventually tell her to the rest. “Shut up !!!” she hissed as Sooyoung squirmed with all her might. She tried to remove Minah’s hand but Minah had a tenacious hold of her and even placed her other hand on top of the other that was covering . Sooyoung tried to kick her but she was punched hardly on the stomach and in one quick push, she fell and rolled down the stairs right before she could yell for help. Her body landed on the cold floor with a smooth finish and her limbs spread awkwardly and her eyes were half-closed. Minah was stupefied at first with what she had done and nervously glanced at the walls looking for CCTVs. Gladly there was none. She quickly took an expensive china plate on display and descended the stairs. “It was nice playing with you Choi Sooyoung-ssi.” She genuflected at Sooyoung’s twitching body as a mock and laughed as she went out.
“Don’t you remember you told me you love me baby~” Baekhyun sang and whistled as he washed his hands in the restroom and headed out to go back to the gathering. As he turned to the intersection, he caught sight of a diamond pin by the staircase so he went to pick it up but as his eyes looked over the end of the staircase his eyes widened at the sight. “Sooyoung noona!!!!!” he half-yelled half-whispered as he lost his balance and fell on his feet. “Help!!!!!” his alarmed voice boomed and everyone had stopped for it. They all ran to him and saw him trembling while sitting on the floor pointing down the stairs. “Sooyoung!!!!” Taeyeon screamed in horror followed by the rest. The horror of seeing Sooyoung’s unmoving body awkwardly lying on the floor below them as blood pooled around her drained all the blood from their bodies. “What is omma doing?” Taehyung asked helplessly as his tears streamed down and fear imminent from his eyes as well as the other kids. “Sehun take the kids away from here!!” Kris ordered his brother and Sehun with Tao quickly obliged. “Sooyoungah!!” Jessica cried as Krystal worriedly rubbed her back. “Let’s call an ambulance.” Krystal said. Though she was frightened, seeing her sister crying, she decided to brush off her own worries and focus on her more. “No no no!!!” they all turned and saw Taeyeon palming her head as if she was suffering from a terrible headache. “Taeyeon!” Kris hurriedly went to her and steadied her as she was looking like she was about to pass out. Hyoyeon jumped from her seat and helped Kris. “Chen can you give Taeyeon a room? She needs to rest.” Kris asked and Chen quickly escorted them. Chen’s father asked the rest to go home but they wouldn’t so he told them not to move Sooyoung’s body as it might worsen her condition. They just sat at the top of the staircase crying.
The ambulance had arrived and Sooyoung was carefully put to a stretcher and carried to the ambulance. Chanyeol and Sunny went with them while the rest of Chen’s relatives went home leaving the EXO boys and SNSD girls. The police also did an investigation and found out that a limited edition china piece had been stolen. “We are suspecting that someone or maybe more had sneaked in to rob the plate. Unfortunately, this mansion doesn’t have any CCTV cameras. We’re going to inform you once our investigation comes down to a definite conclusion.” An officer said and Chen’s father decided, though he wasn’t a fan of cameras in his house, to follow the police’s advice. He had a point when he said that huge houses really need CCTVs as they’re more of the target among burglars. “Oh how horrible is this!!” Chen’s mother exclaimed.
Because of shock Baekhyun and the kids especially Sooyoung’s son who witnessed the scene had to be briefed. Taeyeon was more terrified than them though being reminded of how her husband was brutally murdered before. Baekhyun and the kids had calmed down but she was still trembling so hard. “Taeyeon it’s okay. Sooyoung will be okay.” Yoona, as hard as she could to be strong and brave, said as she rubbed the older woman’s back. The rest of SNSD-aside from Sooyoung and Sunny- and Krystal were in the room as well looking after her. “Where’s Jimin?!” Taeyeon asked in panic and roamed her gaze around the four walls of the room. “Kris and Chen are tucking him and Taekhyung to bed. Taeyeon you’re staying here for the night okay?” she said and put Taeyeon back to sleep. After a while, when Taeyeon had finally drifted off to sleep, Luhan came in and asked the women to follow him out of the room. They went to the living room where the rest of EXO and Chen’s family were quietly sitting on the available seats. The atmosphere seemed so serious and heavy. “What is it?” Jessica nervously asked as she crossed her arms. “Chanyeol just called. The doctor said that the fall was too bad and she lost a lot of blood.” Kris said and the women expressed their worry and distress. “How’s her condition now?” Hyoyeon, being the strongest person in the group, calmly although an apparent sign of fear was heard from her voice asked. “The doctor said she’s as of now free from danger.” They all sighed and Yoona broke into tears. Having lived with Sooyoung and being closest in age created a nice bond between them all those years. Sooyoung had always been her best friend when she needed one when she was still starting off as an actress in Japan. And now that she is in the hospital, she can’t help but cry. “But whether she’ll wake up or not is something that can’t be answered right now.” Kris added. “What do you mean?” Yuri asked. “Sooyoung’s head is the most damaged after the fall and the doctor saw that blood had accumulated in her brain so she has a high chance of comatose. They’re still running tests on her now and Suho went off to check on her.” He explained. Cries were harder this time from the women as they held onto each other for support. “Guys please the kids and Taeyeon might hear you. Instead of crying, what we all have to do now is to be strong especially for her son who’s obviously suffering right now. Taehyung is a smart child. He knows about his mom and he’s scared. We have to be there for him.” Xiumin told them and they all agreed. “So now we have to go home and take a rest for tomorrow. Sunny,Chanyeol and Suho are in the hospital waiting for announcements.” Kris said and they all one by one went back to their homes.
Seohyun glanced from side to side looking for Joohyuk whom she last saw during the time Sooyoung’s body had been carried away to the hospital. “He already went off. Too scared.” She glared at Luhan as he tiredly pulled her to an embrace and rested his head on hers. His stress-reliever. “Let me take you home. Even if I’m not the one you want to take you home, still I need to.” He told her. “It’s not like that oppa. I was just wondering. Let’s go.” They went to guest room where Kyungan was sleeping and Seohyun carefully lifted him up and drew him to her torso where he continued to sleep. She walked over to Taehyung and Jimin who were peacefully sleeping on the other side of the bed they were sharing with Kyungsan. “Sleep well boys.” She gave each child a peck on the forehead then walked to the door where Luhan was waiting.
Staring at the peaceful face of Kyungsan as he slept, Seohyun sighed as Luhan rubbed her back. “Everything will be okay. We’ll visit her first thing in the morning.” Luhan assured her as he scooted closer and back-hugged Seohyun. Resting his chin on her shoulder, he heard her hum as a reply. “Why does this have to happen? Sooyoung unnie doesn’t deserve this and her son,” Seohyun heaved a sigh “Her family are all in America and Japan so he only has Sooyoung unnie. Oppa I’m so worried.” Seohyun turned to Luhan and tightly hugged him as she silently cried. “I felt so helpless looking down on her blood-drenched body. I wanted to carry her and run to the hospital myself than just stare at her lifeless-like body. I never imagined seeing any of my loved ones suffering such agony.” She told him as quick sobs came from her. Luhan rubbed her back more soothingly and made Seohyun lie down next to Kyungsan. “You sleep I’ll look after you and wait for news.”
The night was cold and the silence was hinting an unsure future. The accident in Chen’s family home troubled everyone and Luhan didn’t feel right about things. It had been a month actually. He received letters with unknown senders, chocolates carefully wrapped in red silk and roses with notes that had intimate messages written. It was unsettling but the happenings that day was more frightening.

 ------------

This is the last update for today guys. And I just found out that some lines (the character's thoughts) aren't vitalized even though I vitalized them when I typed on my computer. Tsk tsk. But anyways I hope you like this and please share you're thoughts. They're major help and encouragements to me.