The Blind Date

Say Yes

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes once more after hearing the reason why the giant Park Chanyeol called him, Chen and Lay. “So this is you’re exciting news? You set us up in blind dates?” he had to clarify it first before he snaps. The tallest guy nodded and that was it. Kyungsoo slapped him across the face. “Ooouuuccchhh!!!!” Chanyeol growled as Lay and Chen just looked somewhere else. “I’m older than you.” He reminded. “And yet you act like some teenager.” The shortest guy replied. Chanyeol just kept quiet and regretted inviting the devil. It was supposed to be Sehun but the maknae was busy helping out his older brother, Kris in their company. The poor guy went through hell all his life just because he’s the younger brother of Kris, the perfect son and man of the world. “Chanyeol we’re not interested in dating you know.” Chen told the guy and Lay added saying “You don’t even know these girls. You said you just met them online.” He sighed and placed a hand on the taller guys shoulder. “What if they’re not people whom we should be associating ourselves with? You know a lot of murder cases come from eyeballs and such.” The taller guy shook his hand and eyed them one by one. “I know what you mean. I thought about that as well. That’s why we have the four of us to be safer. Besides we’re meeting them in a restaurant.”

The four men settled on the table Chanyeol had reserved and quietly waited for their dates. “Excuse me are you Chanyeol?” A lady in black dress asked and was immediately identified by Chanyeol by the name Saeron through the dress she told him she was going to wear. The other girls were behind her showing their smiles. Well, except for the other one who had an expressionless face.  The boys stood up and helped them in their seats. “Hi I’m Miyoung.” The brunette girl shook hands with Chen and the funny guy introduced himself as well. “Kyungsoo.” He coolly said and nodded at the girl with red lipstick. “Minji.” She replied feeling nervous. “Good evening. I’m Yixing. Call me Lay.” Lay enthusiastically introduced himself as the red-headed girl just raised an eyebrow. The four boys grew curious of her as she seemed familiar. The Minji girl fidgeted even more when she saw the guy opposite her squint. Typical Kyungsoo. “I’ll help you. The name’s Krystal Jung, younger sister of Jessica Jung.” Chanyeol, Chen and Lay muttered an “Aaahhh!!!” as Kyungsoo slightly nodded in recognition. “So, are you four friends?” Chen had to ask. “No and for your information it wasn’t me who signed up for this crap. It was my unnie.” Krystal Jung rolled her eyes and looked outside the glass window. She’s so bratty. Chen thought and pouted.

Two pairs managed to come up with a conversation while the other two, namely Kyungsoo and Minji and Lay and Krystal, just quietly ate their food. Minji had tried her best talking to Kyungsoo but he would just dismiss her with nods and sometimes raising an eyebrow. The same situation happened to the other pair but it was the other way around this time as Krystal was the uninterested one. “Excuse me for a while.”  Minji excused herself and went off to somewhere to answer her phone. When she came back, she had her troubled expression displayed to the others. “What’s with the long face?” Kyungsoo asked his date in an irritated manner. “Oh it’s nothing. Just my bestfriend is creeping me out.” Chanyeol got curious and asked to elaborate her story. “Well, she just called to tell me that her boyfriend will come back to her and then hung up on me. I can sense that she’s doing some crazy stuff to win this man she really likes.” “Like what?” Chen asked. “She wouldn’t tell me but she’s always talking about how she knows he loves her back and that he’s just distracted. I mean I, myself know that the guy never liked her. She’s just too pushy that I feel bad for the guy. And when he finally broke up with her she locked herself in her room for a couple of weeks then gone off to somewhere and then when she came back she’s suddenly an angel. I thought maybe she finally realized everything but just listening to her say that she’ll have him back is rubbing me off the wrong way. I feel like she’s on something.” She sighed and drank her water. “That woman is crazy I tell you.” Krystal suddenly spoke. “Yeah really.” Lay seconded. “No not that kind of crazy like how other girls act all brokenhearted and but a mentally disturbed one.” The rest furrowed their eyebrows with what she said. “Excuse me but you don’t have the right and the proof when you labeled my friend as mentally disturbed!!” Minji defended her friend as Krystal just shrugged her shoulders.

“It was fun meeting with you guys.” Saeron said and bowed before leaving to the car waiting for her. Minji bid her farewell as well but before she turned, she heaved out a sigh and nervously told Kyungsoo that she had “fun” talking to him. Kyungsoo smirked knowing that she was lying. “Miyoung-ah you take care!!” Chen said feeling friendly towards the equally enthusiastic girl. “You too Chen. See you guys around.” Then she ran to her car. Soon it was the boys and Krystal who were left with the girl some distance away from them and angrily shouting at the person she was calling. “We better go now. Told you it’s fun.” Chanyeol said knowingly and the guys gave him their nods hesitantly. Baekhyun had gone with him as they were just in the same subdivision. Lay and Chen looked back to Krystal who was at the moment rolling her eyes and cursing as she placed her phone back to her pants’ pockets. “Should we give her a ride or not?”  Chen asked as Lay raised an eyebrow to him. “Is that even a question Chen?” Chen sighed and eyed the grumpy girl again. “It’s not that I don’t want to help her but I doubt she’ll take our offer. So why bother?” Chen defended himself. “She’ll accept it for sure.” Lay smiled as he dialed numbers in his phone.

Krystal just fired her driver through the phone call when she sensed footsteps approaching her and she immediately turned to the two men with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms. “We already called your sister and she said it was okay to send you home.” Lay said as he showed her his call history. “Fine. Make it fast. I’m already tired.” She bossily said and followed him to his car. Chen escorted her to the passenger seat before he climbed to the backseat of Lay’s car. As Lay was driving, he glanced numerous times to the girl whose eyes were on the road. “What is it?” Krystal said and turned to face Lay. Lay watched the road he was driving on and released a nervous laugh. He sighed and bit the inside flesh of his lower lip. “About what you said earlier, what made you think that Minji’s friend is a bit insane?” Chen’s head popped in between them as he glanced at Krystal with an expectant look. “Oh that? Just my hunch. But if you think about it, she’s her best friend and she sensed something weird meaning something is really happening within her friend. And did her friend just call her just to say she’ll win the guy back? What’s her purpose in telling Minji this when she wouldn’t tell her friend her plan? Maybe she’s a little sick in the head?” Lay and Chen nodded acknowledging her point.

“Well that friend of hers needs help if ever your guess is true. She would give trouble to the poor guy’s life.”

_______________________________________________

Hey guys!!! sorry for not updating sooner. being an engineering student is tough..huhuhuhuhuh