Love Sick

Say Yes

Love Sick

 

"Omma! Omma!!" Kyungsan called as he pushed and pulled his mom to stir from her deep sleep. The latter was really hard to wake that morning. "Omma!! Taeyeon auntie is here!"

"Omma!!"

Taeyeon leaned by the door frame and guiltily watched over Seohyun. The younger woman clearly had a hard time going to sleep. I really don't want to be involved in this situation. She thought. But that wasn't an option. She was needed by her friend.

Seohyun groaned as she started to wake up; aware that she was feeling heavy physically and emotionally. I feel like . Probably look like one as well. Seohyun thought. She forgot the exact time she was able to sleep but was sure she did not have enough.

"Seohyunie?" Seohyun jerked out of her thoughts and looked up to Taeyeon feeling surprised of her presence. Taeyeon gave her a sympathetic smile that made Seohyun feel a lot more worse. How could she be able to hide from her unnie?

 

"Omma?" Kyungsan pouted as he confusedly eyed his mother. "Are you okay?" He asked. Seohyun gave her son an assuring smile before looking up shyly to Taeyeon.

"Kyungsan honey. Your mom and I need to talk. Go eat the choco pie I brought you." Kyungsan instantly forgot his worry and lit up with the mention of food. After the child excused himself, Taeyeon closed the door for a private talk.

"How are you?" She sat at the side of the bed. "Take a guess." Seohyun joked say sarcastically.

"Seohyun you're not planning to ditch the gathering later are you?"

Seohyun raised an eyebrow. "So you want me to see the man I love being lovely-dovey with another woman?" Seohyun voiced out her true feelings.

"That's not it Seohyun but if you want to be happy again, you should go." Taeyeon grimaced at her poor choice of words. I really don't like this. She thought to herself.

"Happy? How is that thing gonna make me happy? Depressed you mean. Luhan doesn't have to say more, I know he likes her. Talk about real heartbreak." Seohyun scoffed.

"No Seohyun!" Taeyeon interjected; feeling alarmed but abruptly calmed herself.

"You know why I'm saying that this gathering will make you happy?" Seohyun waited for her to continue.

"I think it's time for you to make your move." Taeyeon said that made Seohyun look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Even if the chance of regaining his love seems blurry now, you have to try if you really want to have him back." Taeyeon paused and looked Seohyun straight to the eyes. "In a relationship, it's not enough that only the other half exerts effort to make things work. It's like partnership. Look I'm not saying that you didn't do anything for Luhan but can you try comparing that to what Luhan has done for you?" Taeyeon took a long look at the younger woman making sure that she got her point. "Yes he did more than anything I could ask for." Seohyun closed her eyes feeling the guilt rise up and form tears around her eyes. "And he probably got tired already." Seohyun's lips trembled and she abruptly looked away from Taeyeon.

"That is not what I want you to realize. The fact that he did all those things for you, do you really think all his love for you will just vanish just like that after a single meet up?"

"Maybe? Maybe not?" Seohyun shrugged. "But to answer your first question, no. I don't plan to skip that gathering. No matter how I dread that moment. I still have my pride to save. If I don't show up they'll all think that I'm drowning in tears. Which is double humiliation for me."

Taeyeon scratched her head as she scrunched her face in frustration. I knew this is stupidity. She thought.

___________________________

"I don't want to do this. No." Luhan shook his head as he paced back and forth in Suho's living room. "Well, just to remind you. You're responsible for all of these. I feel bad for Seohyun. She's probably devastated by now." Chen said and was immediately nudged by Chanyeol. Luhan stopped walking and squatted down the floor. Thanks to Chen he felt like the biggest jerk that ever lived all over again.

"Look what you've done!" Baekhyun hissed at Chen. "Sorry." Chen murmured remorsefully.

"Luhan why don't you just clear things up with Seohyun now? Tell her that it's still her." Lay said and received a sideways shake of the head from Kyungsoo. "Uncle's gonna kill him."

Luhan felt like losing his mind. Seohyun was out there devastated all because of him. How Luhan wished he didn't talk to his father.

"How about the woman?"  Suho inquired.

"I don't have an idea."

_____________________________

It was exactly 2:30 in the afternoon when Seohyun and Kyungsan arrived in the Lu's. Seohyun grabbed the small hand of her son who was skipping with excitement. Well he was oblivious of his mother's pain after all. Seohyun on the other hand, was dying inside. Her feet felt so heavy for her to walk in normal pace and as they neared the entrance, her knees felt week that she badly wanted to take a run.

"Seohyun." She froze when she heard that voice behind him. Luhan was scared. How will he talk to Seohyun? Jerk say something. He thought but was beat by Seohyun when she turned around and gave him a smile. "Hi Luhan!" She chirpped but her voice cracked. Seohyun! Not now!

"Appa!!" Kyungsan cheered and ran to Luhan's arms. "Hi baby." Luhan took the boy in his arms and kissed each of his soft baby cheeks. "Appa you look nice." The boy referred to his styled hair. "You too." Kyungsan giggled and asked to be put down and went back to Seohyun.

"So, where's she?" Seohyun wandered her eyes around the area as if looking for someone. Actually she was avoiding eye contact as much as possible."Not here yet." He replied shortly. "You did not fetch her?" Seohyun asked.

 "Seohyun about that. I-

Luhan paused when he saw eyes glaring at him from Seohyun's back sending a warning. Don't you dare. Luhan got it clearly. "Han oppa?" Seohyun was confused and craned her neck to see what Luhan was staring at. But before she could even do so, Luhan grabbed her shoulders bringing her gaze back to him. "Wh-what?" Seohyun was wide-eyed in shock. "No-nothing." Luhan replied. "Tiffany and Sooyoung is inside your room." Seohyun nodded and excused herself leaving Kyungsan to Luhan. ! When will this day end? Seohyun thought as she sighed.

 

Kyungsan noticed the sadness in Luhan's eyes. "Appa are you sad?"

"Disappointed with myself baby."

"So is omma also disappointed in herself? She looks like that before we arrived."

Luhan carried his son in his arms and walked towards the garden. "Baby I need to tell you something. Will you listen to me?" Kyungsan nodded.

_______________________

"Seohyun you're here!!" Tiffany cheered as Sooyoung gave her a bright smile. "Hi." Seohyun replied and settled beside Tiffany on the edge of the bed. "I wonder who that woman is?" Seohyun looked to Tiffany who was all smiles. "Me too. I bet she's beautiful." Added Sooyoung. Seohyun remained silent as she felt sad with what Sooyoung said but most of all with the evident excitement of the two over the prospect of Luhan's new found love. Did they just forget that she was Luhan's original love and that she loved that chinese piece of ?

Seohyun jerked when she felt Tiffany's hand over hers. "Let's go. The others are already here." Seohyun nodded her head lost in fear of what's coming next.

When they reached the garden where Luhan decided to hold the gathering, everyone is already present except the woman. Again, everyone was excited of meeting the mysterious lady. What the hell's wrong with you people? Seohyun thought. But maybe they're also keeping an act like me. She thought once more but when she went to sit beside her son, she was shocked to see that he was sharing the same excitement.

"Appa said he met a pretty lady omma. A really pretty and kind lady. I think he is in love." Kyungsan said over his mouth full of chocolate ice cream. "Oh really?" Kyungsan nodded happily. "So you like your appa to be with another woman?" Seohyun lowered her voice when she asked the question. Luhan nodded again. "Because she makes him happy." Seohyun's son just stabbed her already aching heart in broad daylight with his words. "Joohyun." She turned around and met her father who was standing behind her. "Appa!" Seohyun unintentionally exclaimed in surprise as she abruptly stood up. Mr. Seo replied with a sweet smile. "Oppa since when have you arrived here in Seoul? Why didn't you tell me so I could've just given you a ride." Mr. Seo patted her head and settled on the seat she earlier occupied. "I can't miss this gathering. Your friend's introducing someone to us for the first time." Mr. Seo replied as he wiped the ice cream stains from Kyungsan's mouth area. He stood up after some time and faced his daughter.

"Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while." Seohyun met her father's gaze and quickly understood what he meant. She gave him a pained chuckle. "From where did you get that from?" Mr. Seo laughed. "Just random sites from the internet you know." Silence enveloped them for some time before Seohyun opened once more. "I'm gonna be okay." She said more to herself than to her father. Mr. Seo chuckled that got Seohyun confused. "My dear daughter you will if you know what to do." Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows in confusion whereas her father gave her a look that is undecipherable. "What do you mean?"

"Ask yourself what you would do." With that Mr. Lu left her in her thoughts.

____________________________

Luhan did not approach Seohyun anymore after their meeting in the entrance earlier that day. He quietly observed her who was seated three seats from the across the table. Seohyun. He called in his mind. Seohyun was oblivious as she was in her own thoughts.

"Aww" Luhan caressed his stinging nape and looked to his left side where Kyungsoo was settled. Across Kyungsoo was his father who was shaking his head. "Don't be too obvious. You're making it hard for us to act." The younger man hissed. "Who is the woman anyway?" Luhan shook his head then gave an inquiring look to his father. "You will know later on."

Throughout the duration of the wait, Seohyun remained silent in her seat taking glances every now and then to Kyungsan and her happy friends. Even Jessica and Taeyeon were bright as the sun. *Now what the hell is happening here?*

"Mr. Lu, miss Jeon has arrived." A young maid announced and exited as fast as she entered.

 

Jeon? Everyone had the same thought in their heads with the exception of Mr. Seo and Mr. Lu. Everyone's eyes were on the empty intersection where the unknown woman will take a turn and therefore reveal herself. The wait was killing Seohyun. Who was she? Was she beautiful, y and tall? Just like Luhan's exact taste?

 

"It's nice to see you again everyone." Eyes bulged and mouths hung open at the revelation of the mysterious woman. "Oh Minji-ssi you have arrived." Mr. Lu greeted and kissed Minji in the cheeks. "I'm sorry I was late. You know traffic and all that." The two exchanged a friendly laugh before Minji turned to the bewildered Luhan. "Hi Luhan."

"Ha-hi." Luhan stumbled to stand up before giving Minji a hug. When they parted, Luhan sent a confused look to her. Minji gave an apologetic face in return.

Seohyun did not expect that the woman was Minji. Could this mean that Luhan had started liking the woman even before their meeting the other day? Seohyun thought deeper. The idea wasn't far-fetched at all. Minji was there when Luhan needed Seohyun so bad. Minji was there when she couldn't care about Luhan. Seohyun closed her eyes hoping to suppress her pain.

Minji settled beside Luhan and tried her hardest to avoid Seohyun. Somehow she was getting comfortable in her seat when she happened to meet Kyungsoo's piercing stare. They seem to be saying What the hell is this? Minji stared back and hoped that Kyungsoo realizes her inconvenience as well. Kyungsoo sighed and resumed eating.

Luhan on the other hand was starting to get pissed at his father. He wanted to end it all now but the man was as hard as a diamond. He received a glare telling him to be more hospitable to Minji. Minji looked to Mr. Lu and received the same glare.

"Lu-luhan how are you?" She nervously asked and placed a hand over Luhan's that was placed on the clothed table. She felt him twitch and apologized in her mind. "I-im fine Minji." Luhan replied. "Well I need to go to the rest room." Luhan excusee himself. "Me too." Xiumin said and followed Luhan.

________________________

"Luhan!!" Xiumin hollered and walked faster to grab Luhan's shoulder. "Look I need time to be alone." Luhan replied. "Get your acts together will you? Just play uncle's game for now.  If you continue showing weaknesses, what will that do to you? To Seohyun? Remember she is already suffering so might as well get on the ride like the rest."

"But I hate to hurt her like this. Why does this have to happen? And of all people why Minji. That's gonna hurt her more."

"I don't know. It's all your father's doing. Let's go Luhan. Do it right. Even if its hard."

_______________________________

Seohyun wanted to run away. Luhan and Minji were hard to watch. What's with the sweetness? She thought after seeing Luhan tuck some lank hair behind Minji's hair.

"Appa you two look cute." Kyungsan said earning nods and laughter from everyone else. Well damn thank you son. Seohyun thought and felt the rising irritation in her head. She looked up and saw her father smiling at her. Not a sad one but an encouraging smile. And then there was Taeyeon and Kris giving the same smile before looking away.

I think it's time for you to make a move. Taeyeon's words rang in her head.

Ask yourself what you would do. Then her father's came in next.

What will I do? Seohyun asked herself. What will Seohyun do in times when everything and everyone has their backs turned to her? What will the stubborn Seohyun do?

I fight. Seohyun told herself inwardly with conviction. She sighed and looked up to Luhan. Almost immediately, Luhan met her gaze. They stared for a while before Seohyun looked down again and shuffled things from her bag. She took out her phone.

Can we talk? Just the two of us. Meet me in my room. She sent the message to Luhan before excusing herself.

______________________

Seohyun nervously paced back and forth in her room. Luhan was taking too long. Did he not notice her text message? But no. She clearly saw Luhan checking his phone while she was leaving. Did he perhaps ignore the text. Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows. That son of a ! She spun around and made it to the door. But before she could even dash out in anger, the door swung open revealing Luhan wearing a frown. She didn't like it.

"What is it Seohyun?"

"I believe we need to talk."

"About what?"

Seohyun's ears perked. She wasn't dumb not to notice how everyone was as if oblivious of her feelings.

"You know what I'm talking about Luhan. I want to talk about the two of us." She gave him a stern look and walked to the door closing it. She went back to Luhan's front and took a deep breath.

"I know that I have neglected you and I'm sorry for that." She started and paused. "And maybe that's the reason why you looked for someone else. But-

Seohyun held her breath and fought the urge to cry. She needed to appear strong. But as soon as she looked back to Luhan's eyes, all her guards shattered and dissolved with her tears. "But I still love you." Seohyun cried hard as she held onto Luhan's arms for support.

"Is-is there still a chance Luhan?" Seohyun went down on her knees holding both Luhan's hands. "Luhan please I can't live without you. Please!!" Seohyun cried her hardest. She felt Luhan's arms around her and his soft warm kissed on her cheeks, forehead and temple. "I'm sorry." She heard him say and couldn't explain how painful it was. Luhan was apologizing. It was over. It was the hardest she cried all her life.

"Seohyun I'm such a jerk for following your father's order." Seohyun was taken aback with what Luhan said. "Wh-what?" She looked up and saw Luhan's pained and guilty expression. Before Luhan could even say his reply, the door opened and Seohyun was surprised to see everyone standing just outside of the room. She looked back to Luhan and received an apologetic look. "You can hit me if you like." He said.

 

"I'm so happy you admitted Seo Joohyun." Her father walked inside and soon the rest followed. Some look apologetic others were smiling at her cheekily. "Appa what's the meaning of this?" She asked.

"Well you've been a very bad girl Seohyun. I don't remember having a coward for a daughter. So I wanted you to prove to me that you're still my daughter who fights for what she wants. You've neglected Luhan too much. It wasn't nice to look at."

Seohyun's forehead was still creased as she stood up. "Luhan came to his father to ask help on how to get back to you and my dear friend her consulted me afterwards" Mr. Seo pointed to Mr. Lu who immediately raised to fingers and mouthing a “peace” to Seohyun. "But I thought you should be the one doing it now. So I had all these planned with Lu."

Seohyun glanced back to Mr. Lu and he gave her a fatherly smile. "Uuhhm can I say something?" Minji raised her hand. "Seohyun I'm really sorry. You're father insisted. You can slap me if you want." Minji said. Minji received pats and smiles. "Sorry Minji-ssi. For bothering you." Luhan said and did not miss to glare at both Mr. Lu and Mr. Seo. Seohyun was most probably mad at him now so he kept his head down. But a smile would always creep its way up. Seohyun confessed. He thought and blushed. Oh how he wished to kiss her now.

"So this was all an act to make me beg?" Seohyun asked irritated and they all nodded. She looked back to Luhan and her frown deepened. "I want to talk to Mr. Luhan alone. Is that okay?" She asked giving deadly glares to Luhan and the said man gulped his saliva. "Appa you can do it!!" Kyungsan raised a fist and cheered for his father before he followed the rest. Soon they were alone again. Seohyun made sure that the door was closed and locked it.

"And you had the audacity to drag my son into this?!" Seohyun exclaimed as she pointed a finger at Luhan. "I-im really sorry. If only you know how much I wanted to stop but your father was glaring at me like a demon. I-i had to follow him." Luhan looked down his shoes afraid to face Seohyun's outraged face. What kind of happy ending is this uncle Seo? He thought.

"Didn't you know how much tears I wasted and sleep I missed thinking of you??!!" Seohyun's voice reached a new height and Luhan wanted to vanish in thin air then and there.

"And now you can't even look at me in the eye?! Look at me!!" Luhan thought for some time contemplating whether to obey her or not.

"I said look at me!!"

Luhan raised his head but halfway through it Seohyun grabbed his neck with her hands and planted a deep and long kiss on his lips. It took Luhan not too long to dominate over Seohyun.  He felt her thumb caress his jawline and tasted the tears that were the mix of his and hers.

"I hate you." Seohyun muttered over his opened lips after he released her lips for air. "I really hate you Lu Han." Seohyun smiled and pulled him closer for another kiss by wrapping her arms around his neck. Luhan chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist.

_____________________________

So here is the last update!! HAHAHAHA!! did I fool you? I never planned to go that route cuz a lot of fanfics used that already. Not that mine is not an overused scenario but you get it.

AND GUYS!!!!! I'm planning to write another fanfic but I'm not sure whether it will be seohan again or seoxOC or LuhanxOC or an entirely new pairing. IDK. If you want to help me decide then please tell me in the comments section. Thank you.