Yearning for Love

Say Yes

Seohyun smiled, bowed and greeted every employee as they did the same to her. She was heading to Luhan’s office to discuss about their plan that evening. She stopped at Minah’s desk and they both greeted each other. “Do you need something Seohyun-ssi?” Minah asked politely. “Is Mr. Lu free? I just want to talk to him about something.” She asked, not forgetting to address Luhan  formally. Hopefully he is. She thought but felt disappointed when Minah shook her head. “Mr. Lu is quite busy this week. His schedule is loaded.” Seohyun felt sad immediately. “Even tonight? Didn’t he mention anything about going out with a friend?” She asked hoping he did but she was then again saddened when Minah said no. “Oh okay. Then I’ll just talk to him when he’s free.” Seohyun was disappointed but still showed her brightest smile to Minah and left. She thought it was best if she doesn’t disturb him. Minah watched her as she vanished from her sight. Good.

“Ms. Park!” Minah flinched and immediately fixed herself before entering Lu Han’s office. She heaved a sigh and straightened her slightly wrinkled pencil skirt before entering his room. “Yes Mr. Lu?” she asked ever so softly. “I’ll leave the office early today. If anyone wants to talk to me, just tell them to schedule it on another day.” Luhan said as he fished his phone from his table. “You’re leaving sir?” Minah asked and gulped down saliva. “Yes, I’ll meet Seohyun. Didn’t I tell you? That’s why I had you clear my schedule for the rest of the day.” he reminded and saw Minah checking her phone. Minah gasped as she placed a hand on her gaped mouth. “What is it?” Luhan asked and she looked up to him in guilt. “I’m really sorry sir. I forgot about that.” She reasoned and looked down. Luhan sighed and said it was okay. “I’ll just call her.” But before he could do so, Minah stopped him saying “Sir! Actually Seohyun-ssi came and I think she has something else to do. I noticed she dressed herself extra beautifully.” “Well we’re having a date remember?” Minah shook her head and told him that Seohyun looked like she was gonna ask permission from him. Luhan’s brows furrowed. “Did she tell you what she came here for then?” Minah giggled before saying “I think she has a date.” Luhan sprung upwards as he yelled a “What??!!” Minah was shocked of his action. “I’m sorry.” He cleared his throat and said “What made you think so?” Minah, then again, smiled shyly and told him how Seohyun glowed when she met her. “A woman can sense a fellow woman who is in love. I think she found someone.” Minah said. Luhan kept quiet and decided to reread some paper works.

A little lie wouldn’t hurt. Minah thought as she laughed inwardly.

Yoona sighed as she watched her younger friend sulk while stirring her melted ice cream in a bowl. “It’s okay Hyunie. There’s always next time.” She patted Seohyun’s head. “But next time is a long wait unnie. Tonight’s the only one this year.” She sulked even more remembering the supposed plan with Luhan. Actually it has been months since they had planned to spend Saturday to attend a one-night-only concert of their favorite foreign band. And it’s quite frustrating that of all the days he could be packed, it had to be in line of that promised day. “Well I’m willing to join you. And I think Yuri is free as well.” Seohyun nodded feeling thankful although she still felt sad. Yoona’s eyes looked through the glass window of the ice cream parlor and smiled. “Or…….. Maybe someone else can join you.” Yoona said playfully making Seohyun curious. Yoona pointed somewhere behind Seohyun with her puckered lips and Seohyun turned to see what she was referring to. There, by the counter playing with their kids, is Joohyuk in his casual clothes. He turned to their direction and waved his hand with outstretched arms like a child. Yoona and Seohyun giggled as they waved back. Seohyun turned back to Yoona and said, “Why do we always run upon each other these days?” she pouted while thinking. “Maybe because you’re fated to meet each other.” Yoona said in a singsong. “You know that’s what happened to me and my husband. Fate always brought us to each other.” Yoona clasped her hands as she reminisced her dating days with her husband. Seohyun flushed and looked back to the man who was pinching Kyungsan and Jihoo’s cheeks. He’s so fond of kids. She smiled unknowingly and snapped off her thoughts when he together with the kids went to their place.

“Hi Yoona-ssi, Seohyun-ssi.” Joohyuk greeted and settled adjacent the two girls when day invited him in their table. “No work?” Yoona initiated the conversation. “Aaaahhh.. actually I took a leave. I’m a model abroad.” He confessed as Yoona widened in amazement while Seohyun glanced at him and raised an eyebrow. “Is it that unbelievable?” he asked Seohyun seeing her reaction. Seohyun quickly shook her head and reasoned that she just didn’t expect him to be a model for the reason that he seemed to look more like an entrepreneur. Joohyuk smiled as the waiter served him his banana split. “Do you like sweets Joohyuk?” Yoona asked and he shook his head while putting a spoonful of icecream in his mouth. “Uhhhmmm… I’m not really a fan of too much sugar. I like it in moderation.” He then said. “Waaahhh!!! You’re so much like Seohyun its crazy!!” Yoona snorted as Seohyun just awkwardly smiled finding the situation awkward.  “Is that so?” Joohyuk asked and Seohyun gave a short nod. The whole conversation was done by Yoona and Joohyuk with a few nods and comments from Seohyun who busied herself in looking after her and Yoona’s child. Seohyun completely evacuated her seat and went to Jihoo and Kyungsan who were poking at the other costumers. “I’m sorry.” She told one old lady who then dismissed them in a cheery tone.

“Seohyun-ah!!” Yoona called and soon Seohyun came to them while holding each of the kids’ hand. “Yes unnie?” she asked and smiled at the tall man who never looked away from her. “I think it’s better for you to go to the concert with a fellow fan. I think I wouldn’t be a nice companion nor does Yuri.” Seohyun opened as she was about to say something when the older woman held her palm and showed it to her face. “That is why Joohyuk is gonna go with you!!” Yoona exclaimed and patted Joohyuk at his left arm. Seohyun shifted her gaze from the smiling unnie to the tall man who was scratching his head. “You’re a fan?” she asked. Joohyuk nodded and showed a ticket he bought just a few days earlier. Seohyun smiled and agreed to join him when he asked. “Then I’ll pick you up later?” Seohyun nodded before asking a favor from Yoona to take care of her child. “No problem maknae. We’ll just stay at Yuri’s house.” Yoona waved her hand and ruffled Kyungsan’s hair.

Yoona went out of the ice cream parlor with Jihoo and Kyungsan. She carried the two children to the back seat and went to the driver’s seat. She took her phone from her red hand bag and called Yuri. “Oh Yoona!” Yuri greeted. The sound of hissing oil can be heard from her line. She must be cooking. Yoona thought and smiled triumphantly. “I can hear food all the way from here. Guess what? I and the kids are dropping over. Got something to tell you. See yah!” Yuri was about to object but Yoona hang up on her as fast as her stomach recognized the food she was cooking. She brought her phone to be held by her two hands and typed a message to Yoona. ‘Fine. Just don’t bring Sooyoung over here. I can only feed one monster.’ Then she placed her phone back to the pockets of her apron and finished cooking while shouting “Yobo!!! Yoona’s coming!!!”

It was already 6 o’clock and Luhan was still in the conference room thinking why he suddenly had to attend a meeting. If only Minah didn’t forget to clear my schedule today. He glanced to his secretary sitting straightly on a chair at the side of the room. Minah saw him glancing at her and bit her lips while looking guilty. Aiiisssshhh!!I shouldn’t get mad at her!  When Minah looked back to him, he quickly gave her a reassuring smile and Minah responded with a nod and a shy smile. He looked down to his lap and sneaked his phone out of his pocket. Why isn’t she answering my calls? He asked himself after his call was, yet again not answered by Seohyun. Is she really on a date? Can’t be. She wouldn’t ditch me especially since we planned this date for a long time already. He thought and frowned. Minah silently eyed him in a smug manner. Everything will fall into place. She thought.

 ‘Anything for you my love.’ Minah read the message she just received and smirked.

“Stop worrying Seohyun. Let’s just enjoy the concert.” Joohyuk said while they were lining up with the other fans outside the concert venue. “But what if oppa calls me?” She warily said looking up to Joohyuk. “You said he’s busy right? That’s why he’s not able to come. He’s not worrying over you.” Seohyun stopped fidgeting as his last sentence saddened her. Right! He’s not thinking of me. Joohyuk saw the sad face of Seohyun and quickly pacified her by pointing out the fewer number of people before them. “We’re gonna get inside in no time.” He said and Seohyun beamed in excitement. “Right. I better enjoy the concert.” “That’s right.” Seohyun giggled as Joohyuk patted her head as if she was a little kid.

“Seohyun?!!”

“Han oppa?!!”

Seohyun was shocked to see Luhan in the concert venue because she thought that he was really busy. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw that he’s with his secretary Park Minah. She shifted her gaze down to their linked arms and felt her lips trembling. She also felt the displeasing lump in as her eyes started to redden. So this is what they meant with busy.

Luhan clenched his fist seeing Seohyun being intimate with an unknown man. The way she smiled at him when he patted her head. The way she bobbed her head up and down when he was saying something. Who is this guy?! He thought as he looked daggers to Seohyun and Joohyuk.

I knew this is a bad idea. I should’ve pretended to faint. Minah thought while glancing from Seohyun to Luhan then back to Seohyun and then Luhan again. Joohyuk did the same in confusion. “You know him Seohyun?” he innocently asked drawing Seohyun and Luhan’s attention to him. “I don’t know.” Seohyun dropped her words like knife to Luhan’s heart and grabbed Joohyuk’s arm. “Really you don’t know me?!” Luhan angrily asked half-shouting. “Mr. Lu!!” Minah tried to calm him down but he yanked her arm from him and stomped his way to Seohyun. He grabbed Joohyuk’s hand and swung it away from Seohyun. “What are you doing?!” Seohyun angrily asked but he didn’t reply. “We need to talk!” He reached for her clenched hand but was stopped when Joohyuk stepped in between him and Seohyun. “I’m sorry but who are you?!” Joohyuk sternly asked. “WHO. ARE. YOU??!!” Luhan glared and pushed the taller guy to the side. He pulled Seohyun to him as she was struggling to get away from him. “Oppa will you stop?!” She asked almost begging seeing the attention they were getting. Luhan didn’t listen and started to drag her from the place but Joohyuk suddenly pushed him and he went down to the ground.

“Oppa!”

“Babe!”

Both Seohyun and Minah shouted in worry. Minah immediately shut . Fortunately both Seohyun and Luhan were caught up in the intense row to notice her. She caught sight of Joohyuk frowning at her though. . She thought and glared at the man. Luhan immediately stood up and went to Joohyuk. He punched him hard across the face and Joohyuk fell on his knees. “You’re a weakling.” Luhan said. Joohyuk got to his feet in no time and his sudden change of aura terrified Seohyun. “Joohyuk-ssi please calm down.” She went to him but Luhan was faster. Everything happened so fast and all Seohyun could do is just watch the two men at each other’s throats.  She looked to the side and saw Minah quietly observing. She also saw that the people already crowded over them and at the distance, three guards are fast approaching.

Dammit!! She cursed in her head and headed in heavy steps to the two men throwing punches towards each other. Blood was coming out from the two. “Stop you two!!” She shouted and peeled Luhan who was on top of Joohyuk off the man. Luhan charged again towards Joohyuk but Seohyun held him tightly. “You stop this Luhan-ssi!!!!!” Luhan froze at her words. She sounded so cold and distant. He abruptly met Seohyun’s cold eyes. “Seo-

“You just ruined everything!!” Seohyun pushed him with her fists and stormed out of the scene. Joohyuk glared at him and ran off to Seohyun. “Sir you’re causing a scene. You better leave or we’ll detain you.” A guard in midnight blue uniform told him. Minah walked to them and told the police she’ll take care of Luhan. “We better go now.” She held his arm but he removed it and walked out without a word.

The crowd slowly dispersed while Minah was left standing their chuckling to herself. I love you too Luhan. Soon we won’t be hiding our feelings for each other.

Seohyun ignored Joohyuk who was calling her from behind and hailed a taxi cab. She told the driver Yuri’s address slumped down her seat while cursing in her head.

! ! LUHAN! JOOHYUK!

She got down from the cab and walked her way to Yuri’s gate in an unfeminine manner. She pressed the doorbell and the gate was opened by Yuri who slowed down her pace and frowned. “What happened maknae?” she asked and hurriedly opened the gate. “Nothing.” Seohyun muttered in a guttural tone. Yuri led the way to her living room and Seohyun followed without a single word. “SEOHYUN—aahh…” Yoona’s high-spirited greeting abruptly died down seeing the gloomy face of Seohyun. She glanced to Yuri and was replied by a shrug of the shoulders. “I’m gonna take Kyungsan home unnies. Thanks for looking after him.” Seohyun said lifelessly and carried Kyungsan by the armpits. “I thought the concert’s ending by 1. Its still- Yuri zipped after Yoona glared at her. Seohyun looked at each of them and bid her farewell. “Bye bye Kyungsan!!!” Jihoo and and Jiwon waved to Kyungsan. “Bye noona, hyung!!” Kyungsan waved back. “What do you think happened?” Yuri asked warily. “We’ll ask her tomorrow.”

“Joohyun!!” Luhan called from the outside of Seohyun’s house. He was standing there and calling her out for half an hour already. At this rate… he thought and fished his spare key from his pants’ pocket while sighing. He went in her house which was already dark and silent. He didn’t bother opening the lights and slowly climbed the circular staircase. He slowly opened her room but found it empty. He closed the door and headed to their son’s room. The door was slightly ajar and a faint humming can be heard. He held the knob and slowly opened the door. There he saw Seohyun caressing Kyungsan’s hair and humming a lullaby. Kyungsan was on the verge of sleeping when he caught sight of his father by the door. “Appa!!” he stretched his short arms out to him as Seohyun sighed and glanced to the opened window on the wall opposite him. Luhan made his way to Kyungsan and kissed the child’s forehead. “Do you want appa to read you a story?” Luhan asked and little Kyungsan bobbed his head up and down in excitement. Seohyun closed the window and fixed the curtains before heading out of his room and into her own. Luhan watched her as she did so before slipping himself under Kyungsan’s covers and started to tell the story of “The Little Prince”.

Seohyun took a quick bath and brushed her teeth. She then wore her negligee and went to her bed. Although she had locked her door, she knew that Luhan could still enter her room as he had spare keys of every room in her house. She just shrugged off and tried to sleep. But drowsiness seemed to avoid her that time as she found herself struggling to doze off. Soon, the creaking sound of her opening door made her shiver. “Joohyun.” She didn’t answer and just faked her deep sleep. Luhan slowly made way to her and sat at the side of her bed. He placed a palm on her shoulder that wasn’t covered by her comforter. Silence enveloped them as both were thinking deeply. “I’m sorry.” Luhan broke the silence. “Please talk to me.” He scooted nearer and reached for her cheeks. He made her face him but Seohyun’s eyes remained shut. “Please.” He begged and she slowly opened them. Seohyun moved to a sitting position and looked down. “What do you want to talk about?” she softly asked. “Everything. I want to know what exactly happened.” He moved to the side so that he was sitting side by side with her and leaned his back to the head of her bed. “What do you want me to answer?” Seohyun asked.

“Who was that man?”

“Nam Joohyuk. A friend.”

“Really?”

“We’re just friends oppa.”

“Then why did you choose him over me? That date was ours.”

Seohyun scoffed before looking at Luhan. “Seriously? You’re asking me that? Who’s the busy one here? Who’s the one who FAKED being busy but turned out to date another girl instead of me?!” She angrily asked. “I did not date a girl!! Minah and I didn’t go there for a date. She said she was going to watch the concert so I gave her a ride.” Luhan reasoned and Seohyun fell silent. “Then why were you linking arms?” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “Did we?” Seohyun rolled her eyes.  “How about you? Why did you bring another guy? Why weren’t you answering my phone calls? Were you intentionally avoiding my calls?!” Seohyun hastily shook her head sideways. “I wasn’t avoiding your calls. I misplaced my phone.” Luhan’s brows furrowed and he took his phone out. He dialed her number and waited for a few seconds.

Ring..ring…

Seohyun gaped as her eyes widened like that of an owl’s. She grabbed her bag from the night table and found her phone in one of the pockets. “But I swear oppa it wasn’t here!” She exclaimed. Luhan sighed and nodded his head. “Let’s go back to that guy. Why didn’t you tell me anything about him?” Seohyun gulped down her saliva. “Because I know you wouldn’t like him. You never liked any guy near me.” She glared at him. “But you never minded it. Why are you suddenly hiding him from me? Do you have anything with him?” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows as Seohyun slowly shook her head. “No there isn’t anything but..” Seohyun stopped her words and stared at her knuckles. “But?” Luhan looked to where she was looking. She’s clenching her hand. She’s hiding something. He thought.

“Do you like him?” Luhan asked although he didn’t want to. Faking courage, he held her chin and turned it to him. Seohyun couldn’t look him in the eyes. “I-I think so.” Seohyun saw how Luhan clenched his hands and immediately regretted confessing. “You don’t even know this guy that much!! And now you’re saying you like him?!!” Luhan exclaimed. “You don’t know him oppa that’s why you’re saying that!” Seohyun shot back. “You don’t know him as well!!” Luhan shouted while gripping her shoulders tightly. Seohyun was shocked with his action and he was hurting her badly. She trembled as tears cascaded down her cheeks.

 “Oppa I know you love me. I know you care for me. But please have faith in me. I’m not a girl anymore. I’m a woman. And I’ll be lying if I tell you that I’m not jealous over those who are happily committed to someone.  It may seem impossible for someone like I was to say that I want to be kissed, to be hugged, to be committed in love but yes I do. I want to Oppa. And I’m willing to get hurt if that’s what you’re afraid of.”

Seohyun reached for Luhan’s hands and wrapped them with her shaky ones. Then she stared at him dewy-eyed. It was the first time Luhan saw Seohyun hurt and desperate and the thought that he caused her trouble made him feel disappointed with himself. Seohyun sobbed and sobbed without tearing her gaze off Luhan. Her grip on him tightened as her hiccups came out in between her mad sobbing. Luhan closed his eyes and sighed. He had made a decision. He removed his right hand from hers and placed it on her head. Seohyun closed her eyes and let Luhan put her head on his shoulder. Breathing his scent filled her heart with warmth and she embraced him with tenderness.

“Okay.” Luhan said with an aching heart.

Why does it hurt, your beautiful words Joohyun? Why does it feel like you’re slowly drifting away when you’re here with me like usual? I’m afraid I don’t understand myself anymore.

________________________________________________________

Second update!!!!!!! Yahoooo!!!! hope you enjoyed reading.