The Break up

Say Yes

 

Luhan gave a long sigh as he fixed his coat before entering the restaurant he was going to meet his girlfriend Minah. It was time to break up with her. He walked to the table that was reserved for them and saw Minah in her usual fashion, short animal printed body-hugging dress and killer heels. He made his way to her and sat opposite her.

Minah beamed seeing Luhan. She was too happy to see Luhan’s serious face as it was the first time he initiated a date for them. “Hi babe.” She gave a flirtatious smile and reached for Luhan’s right hand. “Minah no.” Luhan pushed her hand away and transferred his under the table. Minah frowned although she shouldn’t have the need to because never did Luhan like to do skinships with her nor voluntarily showed some affection. In fact, her family and friends know that Luhan doesn’t love her but she refused to see this and convinced herself that everything was going smoothly.

She was digging her own grave.

“Is there something wrong babe?” she asked as Luhan sighed for the nth time. “Minah.” Luhan called with a serious demeanor. “Yes baby?” Minah smiled forcefully. She sensed that something bad was going to be unfolded in front of her.  “It’s time to end this.” Minah stiffened. She couldn’t be hearing those words right? “End what?” “Our relationship. Let’s break up.” He said with unfaltering voice. “But why? We were going strong?” she was starting to panic. “Stop pretending. There isn’t any development in our relationship. I still don’t love you like before.” He paused before saying, “Two years is enough. It’s time for us to be real. Slap me or whatever I don’t care anymore. I’m sorry.” Luhan said.

“No babe. Please.” Minah pleaded. Tears starting to cascade down her cheeks smudging her thick eyeliner all over her face in the process. Luhan felt bad but he knew he was doing the right thing. He was a jerk to give the girl false hopes and he wanted to stop hurting her. Still in some sense ironic because she was still hurt. “Don’t break up with me Luhan.” She was crying so hard. Luhan just let her. “I’m sorry.”

After half an hour, Luhan finally left while Minah went straight to the bar. “Oh my god girl what happened to you?” Minji, her girl bestfriend asked. “Luhan broke up with me.” She replied and ordered her drink. “I told you he’s going to. It was obvious.” “Shut up!!” She hissed.

“It’s not over yet. I don’t ing care if you love me or not Luhan. What’s mine is mine. And you’re mine Luhan. Yes you are.” Minah said as downed her alcohol in one go.

FLASHBACK (Two years ago)

It was another normal day for Luhan since he started to be the director of finance and CEO-in-training of his father’s company. He worked hard to gain not only his father’s trust but also everyone involved in their business. He was aware that his father’s business partners viewed him as a troublesome spoiled brat who only knew how to have fun and be carefree. And since Mr. Lu planned to retire after a few years, he needed to show them that he was a rightful successor of his father. He was starting to get exhausted so he fished his phone from his pocket and was immediately energized by his wallpaper. It was a picture of his son on his first birthday. “My Kyungsan seriously got my features. Poor Hyunie.” He chuckled. Indeed having a child was his major turning point. He was more serious in life and he actually found it uplifting. He felt like he was changing for the better.

In the afternoon, they had a meeting with the directors. A new project was being discussed and as a CEO, Mr. Lu forced himself to pay all his attention to it and not mind his son who was smiling like a drug addict by himself. ‘Aiissshh. This kid is distracting me.’

Luhan forgot that he was actually in a meeting as he was recalling his phone call with Seohyun.

S: Oppa what is it?

L:Just checking on you. What are you doing?

S: I just bathed Kyungsan and I’m editing an article about you. I think I just made the most attention-catching title so far in my journalist career.

L: Really? What’s the title then?

S: “Lu Royals Group of Companies’ Next-in-line CEO is a boy and an ?”

L: ………

S: Hahahaha. I told you it’s the best. I got you tongue-tied!

L: Seriously Seo?

S: Just kidding. I don’t write for tabloids you know. I’m making a draft of a novel I’m currently writing.

L: *Lets out a sigh of relief.*

S: So what is it that you really called for?

L: I told you I just wanted to check on you.

S: You’re wasting my time though.

L: Ouuccchhh!!!! After you rejected my proposal a year ago, now you’re telling me I’m a waste of your time? Thank you so much Seobaby.

S: Hahahahaha. You’re such an emotional girl.

L: I just freaking got you pregnant remember?

S: *Silence* ……That just shows you’re a jerk but thank you for getting me pregnant LOL.

L: Hahahaha. You’re most welcome. Want me to do it again?

*Seobaby call ended*

Luhan grinned as he shook his head sideways. Mr. Lu got enough of it so he kicked him under the table. Luhan jerked and faced his father. Mr. Lu who had his eyes on the powerpoint presentation quickly averted his gaze towards him and glared before looking back to the presentation. Luhan gave a guilty smile and decided to listen to the presentation.

Luhan remained with his dad in the conference room because they were asked by a business partner named Mr. Park to remain. He was scrolling down on his gallery, totally oblivious of what his father and said business partner were talking about. After a few minutes, the man called for him and he went to their direction.

 “Yes sir?”

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

“Uhhhmm no.”

“That’s great. You see my lovely daughter really wants to meet up with you. She’s asking it since you were in high school.”

“High school?”

“Yes. Park Minah, Do you know her? You’re classmates.”

“I’m not sure but I’ve heard of that name before.”

Suddenly, the door opened revealing a very familiar face. Ohhh that overly-obssessed crazy cheerleader fangirl. He thought.

“Hi Luhan. It’s nice to see you again.” Luhan just gave her an arrogant nod. Mr. Lu smacked him on the head. “Greet properly.” I don’t want to. He thought but bowed anyways.

Park Minah, yes he finally remembered. She was the girl who cut Seohyun’s wrist for being his best friend.  Other than that, he knew nothing and didn’t intend to know more about her.

“Luhan-ah let’s go on a date.” Minah turned to Mr. Lu and asked, “He’s free right?” Mr. Lu was about to say yes but Luhan beat him. “I have another appointment.” Minah smiled. She wasn’t letting him off that easily. “Then I should come with you.” “No you won’t.” Luhan excused himself not paying attention to Minah who was still following and talking at his back.

A month passed and Minah was still visiting him every day at work. The other employees pitied her and Luhan was aware of it. Minah would come every day and invite him for lunch and not once did he even think about it. Luhan didn’t want to do that to her but he didn’t want to make her think that he was starting to like her as well.

Finally it was the weekend and Luhan prepared a picnic for his best friend and son. “Still ignoring her?” Seohyun asked while peeling an orange fruit. Luhan looked up while caressing the sleeping Kyungsan in his arms. He sighed before saying, “Why can’t she just understand that I’m not interested in her.” Seohyun chewed an orange. “She visited my house last week.” This got Luhan off-guard. “She visited you?” Seohyun nodded. “Did she hurt you?” “No she brought food and we just chatted about life after high school. Apparently she knows everything that’s happened to you.” It doesn’t take a genius to know that Minah was stalking him. She was known to be a stalker since back then. Seohyun laughed after seeing Luhan cringe. She knows what he was thinking about.

“Why don’t you give her a chance?”

“I don’t understand you. You refused to marry me because we just see each other as friends and yet now you’re asking me to date a girl I don’t care about. Make up your logic Seo.”

“How can you love her when you don’t even want to talk to her? Give her a chance. I can see that she’s seriously interested in you.”

Luhan thought about Seohyun’s words for days and finally made up his mind. He was going to give Minah a chance. Minah rejoiced obviously but not even a week passed after their relationship started, Luhan felt like he was being choked in the throat for the following reasons:

  • She was a nagger.
  • She was possessive.
  • She humiliates all the girls that talk to him.
  • She was paranoid.
  • She calls him all the time even in meetings.
  • She’s always drinking.
  • She’s always shopping.
  • She’s too sensual.
  • Basically everything she does and says.

END OF FLASHBACK

Luhan fell down on his bed and covered his face with his hands. I shouldn’t have listened to you Joohyun.

______________________________

I don't really know how to feel about this chapter. It's lacking.