Chapter 5

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling of Amity’s fingers brushing through your soft hair had become such a normal feeling to you over the past couple of days that it slightly frightened you. It didn’t matter if you had to stay here forever, you didn’t want to forget where you came from, who you were. But there were a few things in this land that you enjoyed more than you allowed yourself to. “The prince is busy with his work today, you can talk to him later.” Amity had answered you after you had asked her if you were able to talk to him. After last night’s events you wanted to ask him a few more questions and remind him once again of what he had told you. He would keep your family safe, he would make sure that they would live, that was what he had told you. But you didn’t trust anyone over here, and surely not the Crown prince. He could tell you anything he wanted without actually doing it and you weren’t going to give up before he would show you any prove of what he had done for your family. You knew that he didn’t seem to have a hard time with giving you things, though you still didn’t understand why he was so generous towards you. 

 

 

“Do you know when he’ll come back?” You asked as you looked at her through the glass of the mirror. Her eyes slipped from your hair towards yours as she shot you a smile and shook her head. Out of all people she was the one who you had spent most time with since you had been here and she reminded you a little bit of your youngest sister. She was always cheerful and bright and because of that you had slowly started to let her come closer to you. Out of everyone she also seemed to be the one who understood you the most, even though she’d never be able to completely figure you out, you wondered if anyone could. “The only thing I know is that he had something to take care of and that he would come back as soon as he was done. He said he had quite a long journey to make, so I don’t think he’ll be back soon.” Maybe he had gone to see your family? But you had no idea how far your land was from this one since Conan had made sure you didn’t remember anything from that. With the prince out of sight there wasn’t much left for you to do so how were you going to keep yourself busy today? 

 

 

Baekhyun had told you that your ways of entertaining yourself didn’t matter to him and that you had to figure it out yourself. Maybe this was the perfect moment for you to find out what this place had to offer you and what you could do to pass your time. Since you had been here you had never just walked around inside of the castle without any purpose so maybe it was time to just wander around a little bit. Amity gasped softly as she held up her hands and grabbed a mirror. “I think you look gorgeous today, even though you’re not wearing a dress. I just hope the prince returns home soon enough to see you.” She said and you rolled your eyes at her words. It was almost as if she was trying her hardest to make you look pretty so that you could seduce the prince, but you had no intentions for doing so. But you had to admit, the beautiful artwork she had made inside of your hair was fascinating and you had never thought something like that before about hair. “Thanks Amity, it looks great.” You said and she smiled at you before walking over to your garderobe. It was still weird that she wouldn’t let you do anything yourself, but by now you had learned how to appreciate her help a little. 

 

 

“I assume that you didn’t change your mind just yet?” She asked as she held up one of those wonderful dresses that hung inside of the closet and showed it to you. You cracked up one of your eyebrows at her before shaking your head, which made her giggle. That first day you had been really convincing to her about your enormous hate for feminine clothes and you knew that she’d never forget that again. Though you had to admit that your disgust for the garment wasn’t as big anymore as it used to be. It was weird how many things could change in only a few days of time. She helped you into your regular clothes and you were amazed to see the small red color on your skin as you looked into the mirror. It was hard to believe that a few days of good food could make your body look so much better. How would you be looking in a few weeks? You felt a lot stronger than when you had first arrived here. Because of the bed you were able to sleep better and the food made your body gain weight and strength. If you could only make sure that your family was being okay as well. 

 

 

When you were finally dressed Amity made sure that you finished your entire breakfast before she cleaned everything up and left you behind inside of your room. Maybe you should ask her to do something with you one day. But she was probably busy, taking care of you probably wasn’t her biggest concern. But for today your plans had already been made and as soon as you realized there was nothing left anymore for you to do inside of your room, you decided to head out. The castle was so big that if you wouldn’t pay attention to where you were going that you’d never find your way back towards your room. And you had too much pride standing in your way to ask Conan or anyone else to show you around, so you wanted to do it by yourself. While stepping out of your room you reached the big and long staircase again. Now that you could finally see it up close you saw that the tiles were all individually painted and decorated with wonderful golden curls and figures. Whoever had made these hadn’t been an amateur, these tiles were a piece of art themselves. While walking down you let your fingers slip over the banisters, feeling how soft they felt underneath your touch. Someone had still cleaned them not so long ago, because there wasn’t even a sign of a fingertip on them. 

 

 

As you reached the hallway you walked towards the nearest window. You had walked through the huge hallway a few times before now and it was still able to amaze you ever single time. The windows showed you a view towards the gardens, where the sun was shining and the flowers were blooming. Maybe it was a good idea if you’d take a look at them tomorrow because you would never be able to finish looking around in the castle in less than a day. After giving the beautiful outside world one last look you turned around and walked in the opposite direction of your room. You knew what room was over there, even though you had never been inside before. On the complete opposite side of your room there was another staircase that was leading towards two thick doors. Like always there was a guard standing outside, but he didn’t seem to give you any attention what so ever. There probably wasn’t anyone allowed to go in there expect of Conan and his servants so you knew that you didn’t even have to try to get inside. You wondered if Baekhyun’s room was even bigger than yours, since it was after all the bedroom of the Crown prince. 

 

 

“I wouldn’t think about going in there, that guard isn’t allowed to let anyone in. Even not pretty girls like you.” If you had already expected anyone to say something like that it had been Conan. But when you turned around you saw it was no one else than Olvida who was standing behind you. There wasn’t a lot you knew about her, just that she was the fiancee of Baekhyun’s best friend and that she was a good friend of him. But by looking at her you could also make some things up yourself without having him tell you things. First of all she was a very good looking young woman and she didn’t look like someone you wanted to pick a fight with. Her long blonde hair was one of the prettiest things you had ever seen and you wondered what she’d look like in her wolf form. “How’s your brother?” You asked her instead of answering her and she shot you a smile before she came to walk beside you. You had no idea how long she had been living inside of this palace but she surely knew this place better than you did, which wasn’t that hard. “He’s recovering. If it weren’t for you then he would have died.” She said and she gave you a thankful and piercing look as she turned her head to the side and faced you. 

 

 

Instead of actually following where you were going you just followed her lead and before you knew it you were standing in one of the side rooms of the hallway. “I don’t think so, what I did wasn’t really such a big thing. But I’m happy to hear that he’s doing better.” The weirdest thing was that that was actually the truth. Even though you had no idea what to think about these creatures who weren’t even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter