Chapter 3

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a lot of discussion Amity was finally walking you through the hallway and showing you where you had to meet the prince for diner. Apparently it was quite normal over here that ‘ladies’, at least that was how Amity called it, had to wear a robe. But not even one small hair on your body was going to let her make you wear a dress, not even one. Eventually you had won and at this moment you were wearing some amazing pants and a normal shirt, which made you feel a lot more comfortable than any kind of dress could've done. You had never been that kind of girl who liked to put up make up or who liked to do complicated things with her hair and wear girly clothes, even if you would have had the money for it then you still wouldn’t have done it. The only thing you needed was comfortable shoes, some nice and easy clothing and a ponytail to keep your hair from your face. That last one you had lost, your other maid Avice had braided your hair backwards in one of the most magical hairstyles you had ever seen, but since you didn’t have to see it yourself you could still live with that. Amity was still a little bit moody when she stopped at a pair of big, high doors and you wondered if all the rooms in this castle looked just as fancy as your bedroom. 

 

 

At this point you were so nervous about meeting up with the Crown prince that you couldn't even focus on your surroundings. You were sure that the castle was a wonderful building and that it looked amazing, but you didn’t have time to look at the details. After all you would be gone soon enough, you weren’t planning on staying. “The prince is already inside.” She said as she reached out for you to wipe a fluff off of your shirt. When she looked you in the eye she shot you a supportive smile, as if she could see how nervous you were. But then she walked away and left you in front of those huge doors by yourself. What was it that he wanted to discuss with you? If it were for you then there was nothing left to talk about. You couldn’t stay here, not that you wanted to. It wasn’t your fault that his friend had turned this into something big while nothing was wrong. Could you just go inside or did you have to wait here until he would let you in? After waiting for a little longer you took a deep breath as you took a hold of the door handle and pushed it down. When you opened the door and took one step inside your mouth dropped in amazement. 

 

 

If you had thought that your bedroom had been spectacular than what was this? The dining room was a huge space and the ceilings were that high that you wondered how these people cleaned those things. On the right side of the room the wall was interrupted by several windows that reached from the ceiling until the floor and they were framed by wonderful curtains. The sun was shining inside and that confused you, though it did make the room look even twice as big. “Why is the sun shining? It’s winter.” At the big and long table in the middle of the room there were two chairs standing at each end of the table. One of them was taken and you looked up at the prince who was studying you while you were inspecting his home. He didn’t greet you, didn’t say anything as he nodded towards the other, empty chair on the other side of the table, motioning that you had to sit down. Instead of doing so you remained standing where you were and you stared at the chair. You didn’t trust him at all, he had taken you away from you family and now he expected you to do anything he said just because he was royal? He may be the prince of this country, but he wasn’t your ruler. 

 

 

When he noticed you weren’t listening to him he sighed deeply before grabbing his cup and taking a sip from his drink. After he put it down and wiped his mouth with a napkin he turned his body to face yours in his chair and he gave you a serious look. “We will talk and I’ll tell you everything you want to know. But please sit down and eat something first, you need it.” Of course the huge amount of food had already caught your eye from the moment you had stepped inside of the room but you hadn’t wanted to seem as if you longed for something that belonged to him. While looking at all the delights on the table you thought about your family, what were they eating tonight? Were they even eating at all? He must have seen the struggle inside of your eyes because he shot you an annoyed look as he spoke again. “I barely say this to anyone, but please, sit down and eat.” He said and you figured that since he was a prince he’d never have to beg someone to do something for him. Realizing you were only making it harder for yourself you walked over to the other side of the table and sat down on the soft chair. As soon as you sat down several servants shot up from their spots and they roamed around you as they prepared you a plate of food. 

 

 

You stiffened on your spot, not knowing what to do while so many people were standing around you all a sudden. Baekhyun seemed to notice your discomfort because as soon as your plate was in front of you and they had given you something to drink he sent them away, leaving the two of you by yourselves. He stared at you and even though he was sitting so far away from you, you still felt as if he was too close. He was clearly waiting for you to start eating and you stared at your plate as you watched everything on it. You couldn’t even remember the last time you had eaten any of these things, leave alone eating all of them together. But this royal family probably didn’t have to worry about buying food, they had enough money. “If you won’t start eating I’ll let someone come over to feed you.” He said and you thought he was making a joke but when you looked up at him you saw that his face was very serious. You wondered if this man ever smiled, because his face almost seemed to be made out of stone. Even though he had a stern expression on his face he still looked handsome but he was completely professional at this point. 

 

 

After staring at him for a little while you picked up your fork and punctured a piece of meat on it and you held it in front of your lips as you shot him your next question, realizing he still hadn’t answered your previous one. “Is it poisoned?” You asked and you could see that because of your question h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter