Chapter 42

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joon, please stop that.” You asked when your son was racing through the room, destroying your concentration with his noisy behavior. You should have accepted Olvida’s suggestion to keep an eye on him for as long as you would be busy, but you had been sure that you would be able to combine your practice with your son. Each time you looked at him you felt so many different feeling rush through your body, you felt proud, love, worry and also fear. He was now a few weeks old, but he acted as if he was a toddler. He was growing so extremely past and he was crawling around the room as if he didn’t have anything to lose. Slowly you cracked an eye open to see him sitting a little further away from you, his huge brown eyes blinking as he stared at you what caused his long eyelashes to hit his cheekbones. He was the most handsome son you ever could have asked for and you knew he was going to break many hearts once he would be old enough to know what love was. But until that time he was just your cute and beautiful baby boy, who was the son of the prince, the boy who would be king one day. The country had been thrilled when it had heard that you had given the current crown prince a son, an heir. You could feel the respect you received from the people growing every day, you just wondered if it would have been the same if you hadn’t changed.

 

You blinked your eyes and bend your neck from left to right in the hope to loosen up your sore muscles. It had been a long day and you couldn’t recall how long you had been seated here on this harsh floor, but enough time had passed to make every single feeling disappear out of your . Ever since you had found out that the king was dead and the second prince had returned with this expensive piece of information you had started practicing. It wasn’t hard to think that if you wanted to fight along the side of your fiancee that you had to know how to use your powers. Everyone was doing all they could do to make sure that you would be prepared for the next attack, because you new it would come. The queen hadn’t come this far to stop now, and her intentions were obvious. She killed her husband and now that her son was here with you she probably wouldn’t wait much longer to come back for you. Her son was the only thing she still had left, she was probably furious now that she had found out the second prince was here even though she had no idea he wasn’t here against his will. Once she would find out that he was here because he wanted to be here and he had told you everything she would become ever more angry, and you weren’t really looking forward to that. “You’ve been sitting here all day, I think it’s time for you to take break.” A voice came from the doorway and Joon pointed his brown eyes on him before crawling his way. You smiled and leaned back onto your hands when you saw Conan walking into the room and picking up the tiny man in his arms, holding him close to him.

 

For a second you could only look at the two guys and you could see how the oldest one his face always seemed to warm up when he looked at your son. “I think your that what your uncle is trying to say is that your mommy worked so hard and he is so proud of her.” You said playfully and could only grin when Conan rolled his eyes but he still smiled at your words. It probably didn’t matter how old you were or how long you knew each other, you would always find a way to annoy Baekhyun’s best friend, and he would always get onto your nerves. But that was okay, because that proved to you that not everything had to change just because you had. Some things could just stay the exact same way as they had always been and that was probably the nice thing about this transformation. It made you see that not everything had to be bad, just because you felt like you had become something inhuman. “That depends, have you improved?” He asked and you gave him a critical look because of his question. You should have expected something like this from him, after all he had been your trainer before, when you had wanted to learn how to fight. But then the two of you had gotten into an argument and the collaboration had come to an end.
 


But Conan was a real wolf and a real soldier, in his hear and in his soul, there was nothing that could keep him from trying to improve others if he had the chance. “It’s not as easy as it looks.” It was as if something heavy was pressing onto your shoulders, something that made your mood falter in just a few seconds. Of course you hadn’t expected for it to be easy when you had started to practice your magic, but you also hadn’t expected it to be this hard. Baekhyun said it was because you weren’t ready to let yourself go yet, because you were still holding onto your humanity and you still didn’t want to believe your faith. But it wasn’t as easily said as done, to just move on from all of this and to never look back again. You weren’t planning on giving up, though you also had no idea how to move past the invisible barrier inside of you. It seemed as if it was made from untouchable and unbreakable glass, which others could see through from the outside but you couldn’t see anything from the inside. It was as if you were walking around in a maze, looking for yourself while you knew there was nothing that should be looked for. It was a terrible feeling, loosing yourself in yourself, like you were running through a corridor with a light at the end, but no matter how long you walked you couldn’t seem to get any closer to it. “I know it’s not easy, I’ve been through it myself.” He said and you let your curious eyes wander over his figure. You had no idea why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter