Chapter 18

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A low groan escaped from your lips as you blinked your eyes a few times, seeing nothing but darkness surrounding you. There was a painful and dull feeling traveling through your head which you just couldn't get rid of, no matter how hard you tried. When you tried to think about where you were and what had happened you noticed that you couldn’t find anything else in your brain than a black shield that you were running into. It was as if someone had locked up your memories behind a big and heavy door and you couldn’t find the key. It was incredibly scary, having the feeling as if someone else was able to see everything you were thinking but you weren’t. Finally you were able to open your eyes and to take in your surroundings, which stunned you. In shock you placed your hands down on the cold and wet floor underneath you, only to be surprised by the tough feeling of it. This wasn’t where you had been before you had gone unconscious. You were in a dark room, completely made out of hard stone, there was no light, there were no windows. The only thing you could see apart from stone was a wooden door right in front of you, but it seemed closed and locked. Someone was trying to prevent you from getting out of here, they didn’t want you to find a way out of this room. A shiver ran down your spine when you noticed how cold it was in here, it seemed to be freezing. 

 

 

While sitting there you could only try not to scream, because panic was slowly trying to take over you. Something just wasn’t right, you weren’t suppose to be here. Your sight was getting blurry because tears were slowly starting to cloud your view. As you tried to think about what had happened you brought your hand up towards your face, feeling the aching pain that was still asking for your attention. It was only when your fingers touched your forehead that you noticed that it was wet, and when you brought it into your view you were barely able to distinguish the red color on your hand from the darkness that was surrounding you. You couldn’t remember being hit by something or someone, but it was clear that you were injured. As a wave of terror came over your, you quickly gathered yourself up and stood onto your feet. Sitting here like this wasn’t going to get you anywhere, you had to find out where you were and who had done this to you. Did Baekhyun know that you were gone? Was he looking for you? “Help!” Your voice resounded through the room and you couldn’t hear any noises coming from outside, the walls were probably too thick. If there had been a window then you would have been able to look outside and then maybe you would have been able to figure out where you were. But whoever had taken you had done a very good job in trying to keep you puzzled. But it was that feeling that was scaring you the most, because you didn’t know anything. Not that it would have made you feel any safer to know where you had been, but it would have been a start. 

 

 

“Can anyone hear me?! Get me out of here!” In your home country you had been stuck at some places before, but they had all been different than this one. There had at least been one way out, but here there was only a way in. Your view was clouded by tears as you stared at the door, expecting someone to walk through now that they had heard that you were awake. Even though you couldn’t remember what had happened there was one thing you knew for sure. Whoever had taken you and was waiting for you on the other side of that door was really dangerous, you could feel it. Had you ever done anything wrong to this person and was he trying to get revenge on you? Was he trying to get to you because of what someone else had done, was he trying to get back to them by hurting you in return? Your brain was working on overdrive and you could feel yourself getting more and more exhausted, as if your energy was draining from you. The sound of footsteps coming closer towards the door made your heart pump crazily inside of your chest and you had the feeling as if you couldn’t breath anymore. One part of you wanted to know who was behind all of this, the other one just wanted to stay away from them as far as you could. Without actually noticing that you were doing it you pressed yourself closer against the cold wall, trying to disappear into it. “Oh god someone please help me.” You whined softly as you begged inwardly for help. It couldn’t be that no one knew where you were, someone had to know more about this than you did. 

 

 

Sweat was dripping from your neck and tickled down your back as you watched how the door handle of the door lowered. At this moment you wished you also had some sort of magic you could use, to protect yourself or just to keep the door locked until you were ready for it to open. You could feel your breathing fasten, but it wasn’t the same as when it happened when Baekhyun would be around. With Baekhyun it would be excitement that would take your breath away, this time it was the fear that was trying to suffocate you. Before you could blink your eyes the door opened with a hard smack and it hit against the stone wall, it resounded through the small room. You had to blink your eyes against the strong light that was falling into the room, that was when you noticed how dark it had been in there. But as soon as it had appeared it was gone again, and you were surrounded by a darkness that even seemed worse than the one you had been in before. At first you didn’t know if anything had changed, but then you were able to distinguish a shadow that was standing a few steps away from you. “I can smell your fear, you know. I can tell how terrified you are, and you should be.” You squeezed your eyes as you listened to his deep voice, and you were sure that you had heard it before, but you couldn’t put your finger on it. In the dark you were able to observe the man that was standing in the same room as you from a safe distance. He had firm shoulders and it was clear that he was wearing weapons, which strengthened what he had said before. You didn’t like the thought that he was able to feel how you were feeling, it made you feel disadvantaged. “Who are you?” The sound of your own voice seemed to surprise you, as if you hadn’t expected of yourself that you would speak up against this man. 

 

 

“You don’t remember? But we just met…” You could hear that he was smiling as he said that but the only thing you could feel towards him was pure disgust and anger. If you had met him not so long ago and you couldn’t remember then that meant that he had stolen your memories from you, with some kind of spell. Did that mean that he was a wolf as well, or was he something else? There were so many thing you didn’t understand yet, so many thing you didn’t know and others hadn’t told you. Who knew who was standing in front of you right now? If he was able to steal your memories form you than who knew what else he was capable of? A mean laugh rang through the chamber before he turned around and you were able to look him in the eye. It took you a while before it hit you and you could feel the cold stone digging into your back as you tried to get away from his as much as you could. “Nobregas?” You realized that your voice sounded as if you had swallowed something, but there was just a big lump forming inside of your throat. Just the image of him was shaking you, bringing up all kinds of dark feelings inside. “Did that silly prince actually think that he could stop me by sending a pretty, young girl towards me? A girl, who he kidnapped from her old life as a human and tries to entertain with his so called wonderful behavior and a throne to offer. I’m not that easy love.” He said and you cringed when he stepped forward, closing some of the distance in between the two of you. Just the fact that he was getting closer to you was making you feel sick. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter