Chapter 29

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her voice sounded very far away as you thought about what she had just said you. Pregnant? Was she one hundred percent sure about that? You knew how hard it was for women to get pregnant over here. But who was to blame for that, the men or the women? You had never really asked them about it because you had never really worried about it. That had probably also been the reason why Baekhyun had never thought about using protection when you had . He hadn’t expected you to get pregnant, and surely not so suddenly and so soon. But you weren’t like them, you were human and your hormones weren’t the same as theirs. Was it just your luck that you were fruitful that you had been able to get a baby? You weren’t even married yet, and you were already expecting his child, how were you going to explain this to him? It would explain all your annoying symptoms though. Suddenly all the pieces of a big puzzle seemed to fall into place as you realized what you had been through during the past few days. “Pregnant?” You said again and this time you looked up at her with a doubtful expression on your face. Could it be true, were you really having a baby? God, so many things had happened during the past few months, you hadn’t even thought about this. Did you want to have a baby already? You were still quite young, but you were the fiancee of a future king, a man who had to get children in order to continue the line of royal blood. 

 

You were supposed to make sure that there were going to be little princes and princesses running around here in this castle.It was important for you to give Baekhyun heirs so that there was someone who could take over his crown if he would get too old or he would die. You were pregnant, you were getting a little boy or a girl. Suddenly a disbelieving giggle came over your lips as you felt your emotions rush through each other inside of you. “I’m pregnant!” You said once again as if saying it out loud was going to make it any easier for you to understand it. Olvida had a bright smile on her face and she didn’t seem envious of your luck at all, though you had no idea if she was able to bare a child or not. All of a sudden this was the only thing you could think about and you didn’t know if you had to feel happy or scared, or maybe both. “How far gone am I?” You asked and took the paper from her once again to try and figure something out from it, but you didn’t understand anything about the numbers that were on there. “I think about two weeks but I’m not sure. You’re the one who knows best, you were probably productive the last time you had . But you can come back later and then we’ll be able to do some more tests to be sure of that.” That explained why you had started to feel so strange a few days ago. Your body was changing, preparing itself to have a small person inside of your life. Your hormones and emotions were slowly started to mess with each other, that explained a lot. “I have to tell Baekhyun.” You said and as you thought of that you suddenly started to feel nervous. You had never discussed this before, this wasn’t something you had planned. 

 

The next step had supposed to be to get married, instead there was something coming in between. What if it didn’t fit in the schedule? What if he wouldn’t be excited or didn’t want it. You lifted your eyes and looked at Olvida, showing her the worry that was going through you. “Do you think he’ll be happy?” You asked and she gave you a look as if she though you had lost your mind as well. She extended her hand to you and helped you off of the table so that you were back onto your feet. At this very moment you weren’t feeling dizzy or sick, you were just nervous. The beat of your heart was inside of your ears and you were afraid it was going to burst out of your chest. “Happy? Are you kidding? He’s been waiting for about hundred years to get a baby. He’s not going to be happy, he’s going to be euphoric!” She convinced you and with those words out in the open you smiled at her before slowly walking towards the door. When you had come in here you had been confident that nothing had been wrong with you, but man had you been wrong. Pregnant, who could have thought that? You had only done it a few times, okay maybe quite some times but you didn’t think it would all go so fast. You bade her goodbye before walking out of the office and leaving the south wing. Would you tell him right at this moment? He had just arrived back home, he had so many things going on and so many things to worry about, you didn’t want to stress him even more. But would it be a good idea to wait? He probably wanted to know what Olvida said and if you wouldn’t tell him or if he would sense that you were lying to him he would just go over to her and ask her himself. 

 

But you didn’t want that, you wanted to get the opportunity to tell him yourself. While being lost in your own thoughts you sauntered towards the hallway, too busy with yourself to notice anyone around you. “___________!” The sound of your name resounded through the room and you heart seemed to skip a beat as you looked up and saw Baekhyun making his way over to you. He had been waiting here the entire time for you to get back. How were you going to tell him? The palms of your hands were sweating as you tried to think of something, anything. He had gotten rid of his uniform, leaving him in one of his white shirt in which you loved to see him so much. For a moment it seemed as if he had never left. There was still an expression of concern laying on his face as he stopped in front of you, putting his hands on both of your shoulders so that he could take a good look at you. His touch immediately radiated through your clothes, that was how much you had missed him. “What did she say?” His stare was penetrating, it was almost as if he had prepared himself for something really bad so that he could be relieved when it turned out to be something small. At one side you wanted to calm him down but at the other side you also wanted to a little, you wanted to make him sweat for it. After all he had been the one who had sent you over to the south wing without even listening to your opinion. Well, she found out I have a parasite.” You said and while doing so you made sure to keep your facial expression serious and you tried not to laugh. But that was hard when you saw how his eyes widened and felt how his hands gripped your upper arms tightly. 

 

“A parasite?! Where?” Once again his eyes roamed over your body and you told yourself that you couldn’t blush, it would ruin the whole thing. He seemed to believe you though, and you bit your lips while pointing at your stomach. Would he figure it out now? No, he was a man, he didn’t think about those kind of things. “Are you kidding? Does she need to do a surgery to get it out? When will she do it?” It seemed as if he was panicking and all the servant that were in the hallway had stopped working so that they could stare at you, but you didn’t care. Everyone could now, you wanted everyone to hear what the good news was. A little end away a girl started laughing, she had already gotten the hint. “She won’t, it’ll have to come out by itself. Well, I have to get it out. We have to wait for nine months…” Wasn’t that going to do it? You stared at his expression and saw how his eyebrows furred and met each other in the middle of his face. You had confused him, he was no longer following you. It was clear that he no longer believed your story but you could also see that he had no idea what he had to think right now. “___________, love, what are you trying to say?” He muttered as he gave you a confused look and the way you smiled at him made it even worse. But you ignored that as you grabbed his hands and placed them onto your belly, which was still flat and looked like it had always been looking. “I’m pregnant.” You held in your breath while waiting for his reaction. At first he didn’t move at all and he stood there, frozen, with his hands in yours while they laid on your stomach. Then his mouth opened as if he wanted to say something, but then it closed again, as if he had changed his mind. His eyes widened a little bit, just like his pupils did before he finally lifted his head and looked you in the eye. 

 

“You’re pregnant? You’re having a baby?” He asked, his voice only a whisper, as if he was afraid that if he would say it too loud it wouldn’t be true. You nodded your head and tried not to freak out because he wasn’t saying anything. “Yes, we are having a baby.” You corrected him and he shook his head as if he still didn’t understand what you had said. But then his entire face began to gleam and the smile on his face was so big that it almost reached his ears. “We’re having a baby?” He said again and you giggled as you noticed he was going through the same phase you had been through not so long ago. “Yes!” That was the only thing you could still say before a squeal came over your lips and you felt yourself being twirled around through the air. You laughed as you wrapped your arms around his neck and enjoyed the way his arms held you as he swung you around one more time before placing you back in front of him. One of his arms laced around your waist as he pulled you against his chest while his other hand grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. “I can’t believe it!” By now his voice was so loud that it resounded through the entire castle and you were so glad to see the happiness all over his face. It was almost as if he was in shock as he smiled widely at you. There were twinkles inside of his eyes and his cheeks were flustered. He leaned forward and pressed his forehead against yours lovingly while staring into your eyes.

 

“You’re pregnant! There is a little person inside of you.” The admiring look in his eyes was enough to make you blush, but you didn’t have a lot of time to enjoy that. You gasped when he swung his arm under your knees and lifted you up again, holding you against his chest. “Who ever would’ve thought… This is the best present you could have given me for keeping my promise to you.” As he said that he winked and you playfully his his chest with your hand, mocking him. “Oh, so my company wasn’t good enough for you?” You asked, but you couldn’t wipe the smile from your face as you stared at him, glad that he had taken it so well. You were so happy that he was back, it would have been horrible if you had found out about this if he hadn’t been home yet. “Of course It is! But this is even better!” You both laughed and you were sure you had never seen him this esthetic before, it was a wonderful view. “Why are you two so happy? Did you already sign those papers lord Collins brought over this afternoon?” Conan said as he walked up to the two of you and it surprised you that instead of putting you down and acting normal again Baekhyun’s hold around you only tightened and he grinned at his friend. Conan clearly thought he was acting weird because he cracked up an eyebrow while looking at his friend. “What did you do to him?” He said but he smiled as he pointed an accusing finger at you, letting you know that he was only joking around. Since you thought it wasn’t your job to tell him you only smiled at him before looking up at Baekhyun, giving him the permission to tell him with a small nod.

 

“__________ is pregnant.” For a moment it stayed silent in the room, once again and he seemed just as overwhelmed as Baekhyun had been. Conan’s eyes flew towards your stomach, but then he realized that there was nothing to be seen yet. He shook his head with a soft smile on his face as he walked forward to give his friend a pat on his shoulder. “That’s amazing! Congratulations! Who ever thought that you’d be able to hit the target so soon?” He joked and your cheeks turned red as you glared at him, some things would never change. But instead of being embarrassed Baekhyun grinned even more and you were sure that nothing was still going to ruin this day for him. Who had ever thought that you were going to be a mother so soon? “We have to celebrate it! God, you found a woman who gives you a chi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter