Chapter 4

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your dream immediately came to an end and you shot up straight in your bed. The feeling of sweat dripping down your body disgusted you and suddenly you felt in need of taking a shower. It was still unbelievable to think that your parents were fighting against the cold while over here the sun was shining every single day, something that these creatures were able to do by using magic. While letting out a shaky breath you brought your hands up to your face and you brushed your hair backwards, feeling it sticking against your forehead. It was your second night here and just like the first one it had been filled with nightmares. Each time it would start differently but in the end they always ended the same, with that big wolf staring into your eyes. By now you knew that it had been Conan and you still remembered how creepy it had been to see those eyes again during that dinner. Everyone would probably be asleep and you didn’t have any fit to start to clean yourself up so you decided it would be better if you’d just go back to sleep. Though you weren’t very sure if you’d still be able to do so tonight. 

 

 

At the moment you wanted to put your head back down against your pillow a loud scream coming from downstairs made all the hairs of your arms stand up. “Help! Someone help me!” The voice was only soft because it had to pass your thick and heavy doors but it was impossible for someone to be awake not to hear it. Something told you that you didn’t want to be a part of this and that you had to stay inside of your room before you’d become a part of this mess. But eventually, when the voice of the woman resounded in your ears again, your curiosity seemed to take over and you swung your covers aside before grabbing an elastic band from your nightstand and tying your head together in a messy ponytail on top of your head. If Amity would see you like this then she would probably faint, she hated it if you wore your hair like that and she would never let you out of your room like this. But you were quite sure that you didn’t have the time to do something else with it because then you’d still sit here till tomorrow morning and then you still wouldn’t know what was going on. You tiptoed towards your door, without exactly knowing why, there wasn’t anyone who you could wake anyway. Before opening it you pressed your ear against the wood, but the voices were probably too soft for you to hear them.

 

 

As soon as you pushed down the handle and opened the door enough to push your head through the crack you could hear them. One of the voices belonged to the woman who had asked anyone for help, the other one belonged to Conan and then there was Baekhyun. They were all speaking on a muted tone, but you could still hear them. Before you would change your mind you slipped out of the room and walked downstairs as quiet as you possibly could. But when you reached the last step you wished you had stayed where you were and had followed your guts instead of your curious mind. You gasped softly as you looked at the scene in front of you and your eyes widened by themselves. In the ground of the fancy hallway there was a young man, he was probably around Baekhyun’s age but around here it was very hard to tell how old people actually were. His shirt was ripped open and was covered with a red color as his chest rose and fell softly, barely visible. “What do you mean he isn’t here? Someone has to find him!” Baekhyun’s voice was loud and stern as he spoke to one of his servants who nodded and ran off again. 

 

 

There was a woman sitting beside the man and she held his hand tightly while Conan was holding her instead. She must be the one who had called for help, she was crying and it was clear that the wounded man was someone who was important to her. “Go back to your room human.” Conan spitted in your direction and everyone lifted their eyes to look at you. Baekhyun’s eyes seemed to darken as soon as he saw you and it made a shiver run down your spine. But you ignored all of them and focused your eyes back onto the boy who seemed to be needing their attention instead of you. “Why aren't you helping him?” You asked no one in particular but you knew that eventually someone would answer your question. They could use magic to heal themselves so why weren’t they keeping him from bleeding to death? After a few seconds it was Baekhyun who spoke up and you heard the warning inside of his voice. “When a wound is too deep the pain that it causes to heal it would only cause more damage. If we heal him now, he’ll die.” He stated and you tilted your head to the left before locking your eyes with his again and shooting him a spotting look. “But if you won’t he’ll die as well.” You stated and you saw how the prince shot you a threatening look while the woman next to him sobbed slightly. 

 

 

“Normally we have a caretaker who treats us during these kind of moments but we can’t find him.” This time his answer wasn’t directed at you and you were surprised by the sudden sting of pity you felt when you looked at the woman who was still crying. You clenched your fingers together next to your sides and they turned into fists. He was still bleeding very hard, the wound had to be disinfected and closed if he wanted to survive this. “Please safe my brother, I beg you. He’s the only family I have left.” She said and suddenly you felt as if your heart was swelling inside of your chest. The face of your sisters appeared in front of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter