Chapter 34

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think you’re my favorite person.” You muttered, your voice ringing through the silent air of the room as you looked down on him, your eyes meeting the back of his head. His breathing was steady and regular and he hadn’t moved for a while now, so you almost believed that he had fallen asleep. After the emotional conversation the two of you had had earlier today you had both decided that you needed some time by yourselves. During this moment you felt as if there wasn’t anything more important than being there for the man you loved. He had been very upset for a while, but now he had seemed to calm down a little bit and he had easily settled himself on the bed underneath you with you sitting on top of him. “Flattering me isn’t going to help you, I’m not telling you anything.” His voice was still a little bit hoarse as he spoke and it instantly made you feel guilty again. Even though you had apologized to him for at least twenty times and he had each time told you that none of this was your fault, you still felt bad. You had been the one who had forced him to bring all of these past events back to the surface, because you had been angry at him he had felt as if he hadn’t had any other choice than to tell you about this. While thinking back of it this whole fight seemed absolutely ridiculous and you wished you could turn back time and undo it. “Why? I’ll find out anyway so you could as well just tell me!” he was testing you, playing with the emotion that consumed you the most, which was curiosity. His back vibrated softly as he chuckled, clearly amused by the fact that he was teasing you. “Because if I tell you now then it’s no longer a surprise, and then what is the point?” He put a little more pressure on the last words of his sentence as you pushed your fingers down in the middle of his back, feeling the spot where all his muscles had tangled together in a painful knot. 

 

This made you feel so bad, he was so stressed and worked out and you were only putting more pressure on him by whatever you did. Still you sniffed, letting him know exactly what you were thinking of his answer. He knew that you hated surprises, because you couldn’t handle the thought of not knowing something. “You know, I think that this would work a lot better if I were .” Baekhyun said, lifting his head and opening his eyes which were still squeezed a little against the strong light in the room. “The fact that you’ll be  isn’t going to distract me.” You quickly said and he chuckled before dropping back onto the mattress and nestling his cheek against the pillow. He had told you a few hours ago that he had a surprise for you later tonight, and that you would absolutely love it. When he spoke about it he seemed a little nervous, as if he wasn’t sure if he could go on with it or if it was safe enough for the two of you to get along with it, but since you didn’t know what it was about you weren’t able to judge. Anyways, your wish to learn how to fight had been denied, at least until the end of your pregnancy, which you could have expected. Baekhyun wouldn’t let you get near to knives again any time soon and you weren’t in the mood to ask Conan again, so that made that you didn’t have any options left. You lazily brushed your hands up and down his back while thinking about the whole situation. It was unbelievable how things would twist and turn in between the two of you, one day you would be angry and upset with another, the other moment you would be back in each other’s arms. You didn’t mind though, it felt good to be past the point where it was impossible for the two of you to speak. You knew that you could be stubborn sometimes and that you weren’t making things quite easy for him, but you didn’t always have to right? You were a person and if you were important to him that meant that you had to share certain things with each other, no matter how painful they were. 

 

“What happened with that man who was looking for Nobregas?” You asked, since you didn’t want to refer to him as the man who attacked you and had almost caused you to get a heart attack. Thinking back about that evening wasn’t something you really liked to do, after all it had been your first actual fight since you two had been engaged. Baekhyun seemed to awake out of his semi slumber now that you were starting to talk about business again and even though you wished that you could let him be for a little longer, you just couldn’t help yourself. There were still so many unsolved matters that needed a solution and until that time you would never rest. “Locked up until he wants to give us all the information he owns. I asked one of my guards to track down the past months activities of my father, just in case something might show up.” He said while turning around so that he was facing you and he could lay down on his back. It must have been hard for him to do that because after all it was a big step to take. It would be a lie if you would say that you weren’t curious about his past, surely now that he had opened up a little bit about it. Like for example, what his family was like, you had never met them in person but if they were capable of doing what he had told you then it meant that they wouldn’t be very friendly people. All of a sudden he completely turned the conversation around by starting over a completely different topic. “Did you pick out a dress for the wedding? Amity told me something about it today, in ways that you were finally able to make a decision and that for a brief moment she was scared she’d have to let you get wed in trousers.” He smiled and you chuckled while shaking your head. You felt how his hands traced the fabric of the pants you were wearing right now and you had to admit that even though it all sounded very nice, you would never want to get married in them. “Yes, I’ve tied the knot. And just so you know, she was happy with my choice, seems like my taste isn’t that bad after all.” You joked, seeing how his eyes lid up when he looked at you, almost as if he was just happy to see you smile. You remembered what you had said to him that night, that you no longer felt safe here and that you no longer trusted the decisions he made, you had apologized to him because you knew that you had hurt his feelings. But he hadn’t wanted to hear it, because he thought that you had been in your fullest right to say that to him. But as you thought back about it now then you realized that you did feel safe, you knew that he would do anything to keep it that way. 

 

“Fashion wise maybe, but I’m not that sure about your taste of men.” He said and your eyes widened as you smashed your hands down on his shoulders. The smile that was covering his lips made you want to capture it, just by making a picture or by drawing it. The meaning behind that smile was something that you would never forget, that he liked being here with you, that he enjoyed spending his time with you. “I think that everyone in this castle will agree that my taste of men has very high standards, your majesty.” A squeal escaped from your lips as he s his arms around your middle and forced you down on him, his chest strong but inviting. Since you weren’t able to fight against his touch you made yourself comfortable and positioned your chin on top of his chest. It felt really good to cuddle with him like this, as if you were the most normal people in the universe and as if there wasn’t anyone who was trying to haunt you down. At a certain point you had closed your eyes and you had started to fall asleep, just because you were so relaxed and at ease. The temperature his body created around yours was perfect and the steady sound of his heart beat was an amazing lullaby that caused you to drift off. After a while he seemed to notice that you had grown really tired and that your muscles had softened in his hold because to your surprise he didn’t let you sleep. Your eyes rushed back open as he quickly turned you around and you felt how your back hit the mattress. “W-what are you doing?” You stuttered, your cheeks turning red as you saw him hovering over you with a sweet look. Normally he would never wake you if you were sleeping, he always wanted you to get the rest you needed. 

 

“Even though you look adorable while you’re sleeping, we don’t have time for it right now honey, we have to get going otherwise your surprise is going to be ruined.” For a few minutes you had actually forgotten about that surprise, but now that he reminded you of it your curiosity flamed up again and you were sure that he could see it inside of your eyes. He grinned, clearly proud that he was able to make you suffer like this. “I’ll be your wife one day, are you sure you want to mess with me?” You asked, seeing how his smile widened even more when you said that and your breath hitched inside of your throat as his face neared yours. Your lungs seemed to swell as they screamed for oxygen, but you were too hypnotized by his eyes as you gazed into them. As soon as he noticed your reaction to his presence he laughed before hiding his face in the crook of your neck, obviously flattered by the fact that you still seemed to loose your breath when he did those kind of things. It was the way you had reacted around him when the two of you had first been together and by now you had learned how to control yourself. You had no idea what had caused it to happen this time, but as soon as his intimate look disappeared your brain seemed to function again and your chest heaved up and down. “You’re just too cute.” He whispered, making the heat travel towards your cheeks. It was unfair, he never seemed to have trouble with your existence, then why did you have to act as if he was making you loose your mind? “No, you’re not able to take my mind off it this time. I want to know what my surprise is.” You said and cramped your arms in between your chests so that you could cross them, making him see that you weren’t planning to give in. He had been torturing you with this secret for hours and you wouldn’t back down until you knew what it was. 

 

This seemed to amuse him because when he lifted his head his eyebrows were pulled up and he had a teasing look inside of his eyes. But the only thing you did was answering it with an outbraving expression, challenging him to try something. To your surprise that was exactly what he did and your eyes widened when one of his hands slipped over the inside of your thighs, his fingertips dancing over the fabric of your trousers until he reached your hips. Before you could say anything his hand dipped underneath your shirt, the contact of his skin on yours caused your body to catch fire. His other hand easily loosened up your arms and they fell by your sides without a fight, it almost seemed as if there wasn’t any strength left inside of them. It was as if he had you under a trance and you let out a shivering gasp as his hand traveled up towards the edge of your bra, his touch lingering there. Even though you were sure that this had nothing to do with your surprise, he had clearly caused your mind to go blank. His nose brushed against yours, an adorable twinkle filling his eyes as he took in your h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter