Chapter 28

❣ A Wolf's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just give it to me and then I’ll read through it. I’ll make sure that I signed the papers and I will had it back to you by tonight.” You said as you quickly took a biscuit from a scale and pushed it into your mouth. It was magical to feel the sweetness melt onto your tongue, it was the first thing you had eaten since this morning. For the entire afternoon you had been hobbling around the castle, trying to please all the people who had been whining all day and who had been giving you requests continuously. Now that the prince wasn’t here to help them out with all these kind of things they couldn’t find anyone better than you to come to. It was insane, a few days ago you had known nothing about contracts and weapons and money and economics but since Baekhyun had been gone you had slowly rolled into it. You had created your own small system and were able to arrange everything in your time and pace, while planning your wedding. “Okay thank you so much your majesty.” The man made a deep bow before he grabbed his things and left the room, leaving you by yourself again. If Baekhyun would come home then he would have to deal with the fact that's office had changed into something completely different. But it had been so empty and boring so you had decided to give it a little glow up. Every part of the room seemed to have another function now, you used one side for business and one side for wedding ideas. Everything had to happen so quickly and there wasn’t much more time left. The fact that you had to do everything by yourself wasn’t really helping, but you were managing. 

 

Conan helped you with the paperwork, since he knew much more about all of this than you did. He had been a part of this for ages, and he was very good at giving you the advice you needed. Amity was the one who was standing next to you to worry about your wedding, making sure that you wouldn’t forget anything and you would have everything you wanted and needed. The name they called you was still so strange, you weren’t royal and surely not a majesty, but they had rolled into it as soon as the prince had left. It almost seemed as if they needed to call someone like that because otherwise they would just feel lost. Though you had accepted it and you were no longer making a fuss out of it it was still very weird. Not everything about this was so bad though, the work was a great distraction to keep your mind off of Baekhyun. During the night was when it got hard for you, when you were in bed by yourself, sleeping alone and knowing that he was doing the same. Would he think of you while he was laying in his tent, of what you were doing and how you were doin?. It had been five days, five long and hard days of longing for him and missing him. You told yourself that you had to keep your head into what you were doing, that it was important to him that you would guide all of this towards a good end. He had trusted you with this, he had put faith in you and believed that you were able to fulfill his duties while he was away. You had promised him that you would make this right and that was a promise you were holding onto, if he would only hold onto his. 

 

With a deep frown onto your head and while squeezing your eyes you looked down onto the paper, trying to understand what was standing written down there. It was only then that you felt it again, and you quickly caught your breath in surprise as you tried to make it go away. It had started ever since Baekhyun had left, a dizziness that came over you from time to time, something incomprehensible, something you had never felt before. Maybe it was just because you were tired, it was true that you hadn’t been sleeping much during the past few days. It just wasn’t the same when he wasn’t here, your dreams weren’t as nice, the bed was cold and there was no one to cuddle with. You also had a lot of things on your mind, much things to worry about and there was a lot of pressure pushing down on top of your shoulders. Maybe it could also have something to do with the fact that you had barely eaten anything today. You reminded yourself that you had to take care of that, that you had to fill your empty stomach soon. After a few deep breaths the feeling pulled away and it seemed as if nothing had happened. You let out a relieved sigh before standing up from your seat the papers inside of your hands as you walked over to the door. You were still reading as you slowly made your way down the stairs, a pen in between your lips as you read over the words once more. It was about food distribution and this weren’t the documents you would go over lightly. These kind of cases asked for your absolute attention, the decision you made while signing this contained very important matters for the people who lived in this country. 

 

The sound of your heels hitting the tiles resounded through the empty hallway as you made your way towards your room. But you were only half way when you felt the same feeling take master of you once again. Knowing that this wasn’t normal your heart beat increased and you quickly leaned against the wall while letting out a little puff. “Miss ___________, are you okay?” Amity rushed over to you and honestly you hadn’t even noticed her being around until now. Quickly you lifted your hand and waved her concerns away, trying to let her know that she had nothing to worry about and that you were fine. Just a little bit stressed, overworked and emotional that was all it was. Maybe you had to think about keeping it calm for the next few days so that you could take some rest, you were sure you had deserved it. “I’m fine, just reading through this document. I was actually looking for sir Conan, do you have any idea where I can find him?” You asked, pointing your questioning eyes on her but you could see that she was still studying you. It was clear that she didn’t really trust the whole situation and that she was worried about you, but you didn’t want her to, not right now. It wasn’t the same, having other people worrying for you if he wasn’t here to do the same. “Ames, I’m fine, really. Don’t worry about it, but I would be really happy if you would get me something to eat, I’m starving.” This seemed to do it for now because she smiled before softly touching your shoulder and making her way towards the kitchen, immediately doing what you had asked her. She was such a great help, you wouldn’t know what you would do without her. 

 

Even though people just saw her as as your maid she meant so much more to you than just that. She was your friend, the woman who would always listen to you and who would always be there for you if you needed her to be. If she hadn’t been here then your life over here would have been so much more difficult from the beginning. When you looked around the room you couldn’t see Conan anywhere, you had no idea what that guy was up to now but it wouldn’t surprise you if he was busy doing something completely ridiculous. Working with Conan hadn’t been as bad as you had expected it to be, actually he could be very nice and he had a great sense of humor. Apart from that he was also very good at annoying you, which gave you the energy to keep on going and made everything a little bit more fun. Ever since what had happened to you Olvida had kept herself busy with her classes to become a caretaker. She was doing great and if she didn’t understand anything she would come to you for help, since you knew a lot about those kind of things. Baekhyun’s departure had caused you to get closer to his friends, had caused you to put your faith in them and to trust them. By now you understood why he relied on them this much, they were amazing people to have by your side, especially if things were getting hard. You continued your walk peacefully, checking the paper once again because you had promised to finish it as fast as you could. It was hard that there had to be a deadline for everything and that it always had to be as fast as possible. 

 

“He is back! His majesty has returned! The prince is back!” You froze in the middle of your tracks as you stared at the man who ran in the castle like he had just lost his mind. For a minute it seemed as if you didn’t understand what he was saying,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter